Crime Horrible Japanese mass murder this time by fire

Yeah... if you want to commit mass murder, fire or bombs are both better options than guns.
Vehicles probably are too.

In terms of self-defense, guns are second-to-none though.
When you have a large population of crazy people and serious social issues guns could be dangerous though. And remember not everyone is born crazy, people can develop mental issues at any point in their lives. There's pros and cons to each scenario

33 dead would be the 3rd largest mass shooting in America. Behind The Vegas concert and Pulse nightclub, above the Virginia Tech shooting.

And this dude did it with just some gas from a station and a lighter. Fuck I hope this doesn't catch on.

Do you have a non paywall source for him blocking exits? I saw this story earlier and didn't see how 30+ die in a fire that's not a high rise. But that would explain it. That's horrible.

Honestly, fire sounds much more deadly than a gun. I think American murderers just have a sick fantasy of being dressed in swat gear and playing out their favorite first person shooter in real life. But burning down a building is pretty easy.

I remember years ago some kid got kicked out of a party in college, so he came back and burned the house down killing several people who were in the house in the process. All he needed was matches and the gas can that was already in the back yard.

Or maybe these types of events aren't predicated on race and instead are determined more by social and environmental factors the perpetrators exist in, hmm?
I'm certain that his environment did nothing more than trigger some defect that was latent inside of him to kill 33 people in a fire. I don't want to say he was born with it but it's certainly not a normal thing to want to commit mass murder.

Honestly, fire sounds much more deadly than a gun. I think American murderers just have a sick fantasy of being dressed in swat gear and playing out their favorite first person shooter in real life. But burning down a building is pretty easy.

I remember years ago some kid got kicked out of a party in college, so he came back and burned the house down killing several people who were in the house in the process. All he needed was matches and the gas can that was already in the back yard.

There certainly seems to be some fantasy of shooting people in the mass shooters of modern day. I hate to be that guy, but it does seem like this has picked up in recent years because of either the media coverage (they want to be infamous) or violent realistic video games. I know people have been saying that for years, even with unrealistic games like Doom, but starting with GTA3 shit got really real, really fast.

Before I was born my father and mother had left a party in Houston hours before a neighbor did exactly what you said. Torched the house and killed everyone.

I'm certain that his environment did nothing more than trigger some defect that was latent inside of him to kill 33 people in a fire. I don't want to say he was born with it but it's certainly not a normal thing to want to commit mass murder.

That still wouldn't have anything to do with race, such a defect could exist in any human.

Agreed with you that the mass shooter epidemic is largely about them finally feeling powerful and in control rather than just the killing. The gun, particularly "cool" looking ones, gives them that feeling they've been craving.

That still wouldn't have anything to do with race, such a defect could exist in any human.
I'm aware. I don't think race has any correlation with having such mental defect. I wouldn't be surprised if anger or violent traits can be inherited. But that is a far cry from a race based correlation with psychopathology.

I merely point out that like you said, it could exist with anyone. I've known of murderers who people that knew them were not surprised when they snapped. But then you also hear of the ones that no one saw it coming.

I don't know if Japan is the right country to use as an example of a country in need of more lenient gun laws, but okay.
In some ways it is but not for the self defense shit.

The area around Fukushima and shit has invasive wild pigs that are DESTROYING the land and structures there and Japan doesn't have enough civilian hunters that they can PAY (and they are trying to pay them) to go to the non-radiation zones to kill the things.

Yea I heard about this. The anime studio. Never enjoyed any of their shows even though I'm a huge anime fan. RIP.

The area around Fukushima and shit has invasive wild pigs that are DESTROYING the land and structures there and Japan doesn't have enough civilian hunters that they can PAY (and they are trying to pay them) to go to the non-radiation zones to kill the things.
I thought the Japanese were great with swords, what happened to their budo spirit?

I thought the Japanese were great with swords, what happened to their budo spirit?
A ton of them got melted down in Meiji Japan when carrying them became illegal as the Meiji government ousted the Shogunate and then during WWII a ton were lost in battle or melted down to create firearms and shit.

That plus to be honest as a guy that was 3-Dan in Kendo... Kendo is a sport, it probably isn't super realistic to compare today's kendo to how samurai actually fought with each other since it has had a ton of shit removed. Like, way back when there was a grappling aspect to it where if your shinai got knocked out of your hand you were allowed to grab the other guy then throw him to the ground like it was judo.

Sounds like they need to fence it off and sell it as a tourist attraction.

Advertising in the US to get an all expense paid stay as long as you kill pigs.

We could ship our guns and ammunition ( within their approval) and they could control them while we are there.

Hunt all day (and some night hunting ) and see the sights.

Sounds like a win, win.

You can never truly prevent the "lone wolf psycho", even in the most controlled societies.

Considering that Japan is a society of 100+ million, there's a remarkably low number of such crimes, though.

We sometimes lose sight of the realities in our "safe haven" societies. Somebody, somewhere, is going to snap, that's inevitable. Amongst hundreds of millions of people, you're bound to find a few psychos.

Or maybe these types of events aren't predicated on race and instead are determined more by social and environmental factors the perpetrators exist in, hmm?

Japan has its problems.
Chicago has its problems.
Mexico has its problems.
Afghanistan has its problems.
Liberia has its problems.

All things considered, I’d rather have Japan’s problems (aside from the Tsunamis and stuff)

Not sure about the guy blocking exits, but I read that the roof exit was unable to be opened and most bodies were found on the staircase near the roof exit. The stairwell was also spiral, leading to fire spreading quicker and there were also no sprinklers or fire extinguishers in the building (Japanese law doesn't require either).

Yeah... if you want to commit mass murder, fire or bombs are both better options than guns.
Vehicles probably are too.
In terms of self-defense, guns are second-to-none though.

If high explosives were readily available you would be right, but nearly all the attempted bombing, save for a few, have been pathetic in bodycount compared to recent mass shootings.

Now if we still sold dynamite at your local hardware store, than things would be different... just goes to show that arms control actually works.

Not sure about the guy blocking exits, but I read that the roof exit was unable to be opened and most bodies were found on the staircase near the roof exit. The stairwell was also spiral, leading to fire spreading quicker and there were also no sprinklers or fire extinguishers in the building (Japanese law doesn't require either).
<30>

Stop posting links with articles behind pay walls. How do people not understand this?
There used to be a way around that.

Here is the way around paywalls, that used to work :

Suppose the NYT has an article titled "XYZ is doing such and such" , but you can not access it due to paywall. Copy/pasting " XYZ is doing such and such" into google and clicking on a link on the 1st page of the search results used to yield the full article , which almost always was from the same news source as the article you originally clicked on that was behind a paywall. This used to work 99% of the time but lately it hasn't been effective.

Edit
I can access the NYT articles despite having used up my allotment of free articles, but only if I clear my cache and cookies. I use crapcleaner.

Last edited:
I´m in my 40s and have a ~15.000$ DBZ figure collection.. I feel sad for the people who want to be so grown up that they forget their inner child.

tumblr_mrhkzmL0JZ1sdlu9mo10_500.gif

Back