Hope Pacquiao is training hard

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
BUufwqyCcAAFxcI.jpg

Because Rios and Mikey Garcia are putting in work with Alex Ariza.

Everyone says Rios is tailor made for Pacquiao, yes the Manny of 2009-10 but I just don't know if Pacman's heart is in the game anymore.

This fight will be a lot harder than most thing I believe. Young hungry big puncher. I give Pac 3-1 odds but its close.

This is the biggest opportunity Rios is probably ever going to get as far as making a name for himself. He said he wants the fame and I believe he'll go for broke. It should be one hell of a fight.

I just don't know how people can doubt his heart.. He got dropped hard by JMM early in the fight.. got up and fought harder..took more risks.. broke JMM's nose.. and dropped him back.. before getting timed perfectly by one of the best counter punchers in the game...

Rios represents a one direction freight train.. he is going to commit the cardinal sin of boxing.. the same one Manny committed.. he is going to follow a puncher and get knocked cold.

I just don't know how people can doubt his heart.. He got dropped hard by JMM early in the fight.. got up and fought harder..took more risks.. broke JMM's nose.. and dropped him back.. before getting timed perfectly by one of the best counter punchers in the game...

Rios represents a one direction freight train.. he is going to commit the cardinal sin of boxing.. the same one Manny committed.. he is going to follow a puncher and get knocked cold.

Too much other $hit going on in his life. Congressman, helping his wife and bro become politicans, marketing his products, just too many distractions for my liking.

One thing I have always admired and respected about PBF is that he dedicates 100% of his time to his craft and training. You have to do that to be the best.

I hope Garcia looks after his fighter better than he did in the margarito vs pac fight. I thought he should have thrown in the towel then. Rios will keep getting up and runs the risk of coping a brutal beating as he has a great chin. If pac is even half what he was in 2008-2009 this will be a whupping of monumental proportions.

I'm not impressed by that clip.. JMM and Pac have both been recorded strength training with a lot more intensity... If you can talk and joke, you aren't going as hard as you can...

I mean, it'll help... It'll help turn a guy that lost to Alvarado and Richard Abril into a guy that can beat those guys.. but it wont help a guy that lost to Alvarado and Abril morph into a guy that can beat Manny Pacquaio

i think his young enough and chin is good enough that the ref. will need to stop it. i think pac 'carried' margarito abit and hasnt got that killer instinct he perhaps once had.

Too much other $hit going on in his life. Congressman, helping his wife and bro become politicans, marketing his products, just too many distractions for my liking.

One thing I have always admired and respected about PBF is that he dedicates 100% of his time to his craft and training. You have to do that to be the best.

DUde.. no Mayweather does not.. Mayweather plays.. he enjoys life.. he eats garbage... and he goes to the gym when he feels like it... He's not living there.. but when he's there he works.. and the same is true for Pac.. anybody that has ever worked with Pac has said he pushes the limits.. the dudes resting heart rate for the Clottey fight physical was in the 50's... that dude works...

and really all the other shit is minor..it just gets blown up in the press.. he is a politician but they give him time off to train when he has fights and lets face it.. being a politician isn't that hard when everyone in your country looks at you like a god already.. it's not like he has to go door to door or anything.

I don't think it's much different than May's situation.. May is a politician of sorts.. with his promoting and what not.. but the difference is that Pac works with people that have schedules and make a fuss if he doesn't stick to it... May makes everybody adhere to his schedule.. his timing.. like he said.. sometimes he feels like training at 4 am... and the team has to meet him in the gym.. nobody is on tv fussing about it like they do with Pac.. Roach fusses about Pac all the time.. but the reality is that Pac knows how to train.. like Holyfield once said... "I dont need trainers anymore.. I know had to train.. I just need motivators.. and I aint paying more than xxxxx.xx for a motivator." Pac is in the same boat.. he's already an old dog.. he's peaked and is now coming down.. you aren't going to suddenly mold him into something different.. so the trainer for him is actually just a motivator at that point.. and Pac doesnt need them to know how to train as hard as he always has imo

[/B]

i think his young enough and chin is good enough that the ref. will need to stop it. i think pac 'carried' margarito abit and hasnt got that killer instinct he perhaps once had.

could be right.. but with Rios being shorter.. I think he will run into something.. Marg benefitted from his height.. By the time Pac's punches reached him a little steam had left them because they had to travel so far.. plus he rocked back with them a lot..Rios wont have this ability.. I think if he survives the early beatin though, Pac could very well carry him to the finish line.

For those who have some knowledge in this area, is Alex Ariza considered a good s&c coach? Does he know his stuff?

For those who have some knowledge in this area, is Alex Ariza considered a good s&c coach? Does he know his stuff?

He's been in the game for a long time. Remember seeing him with Diego Corrales back in the early days. Last few years he was with Pac, Khan, and Chavez Jr. Seems like he has an ego problem and wants to do more than just s&c. He wants to work the corner and have more input which is what probably caused the issues with Freddie.

I'm not impressed by that clip.. JMM and Pac have both been recorded strength training with a lot more intensity... If you can talk and joke, you aren't going as hard as you can...

I mean, it'll help... It'll help turn a guy that lost to Alvarado and Richard Abril into a guy that can beat those guys.. but it wont help a guy that lost to Alvarado and Abril morph into a guy that can beat Manny Pacquaio

After watching the clip..I honestly think I trained harder this morning.

Ariza has never impressed me with his methods, but we only see limited things

im pretty sure you dont need to worry about manny training hard

DUde.. no Mayweather does not.. Mayweather plays.. he enjoys life.. he eats garbage... and he goes to the gym when he feels like it... He's not living there.. but when he's there he works.. and the same is true for Pac.. anybody that has ever worked with Pac has said he pushes the limits.. the dudes resting heart rate for the Clottey fight physical was in the 50's... that dude works...

Oh Cracky, you hate on Floyd like Floyd trains. You are a dedicated and consummate hater. Don't be fooled by what you see on TV. Just because he has millions to throw around and shows off a lot in front of the camera doesn't mean shit. Despite fighting twice a year, he has no off time. He stays in fighting shape year round. Everybody talks about how hard he works. He has nothing else going on but boxing and never in his life has had anything going on but boxing. Now for how long have we heard about Manny's distractions being an issue? How late has he started recent camps? He didn't even train at the wildcard gym for the fight he got KTFOd. Manny clearly has distractions, Floyd has none. The differences are glaring and to say otherwise is to be a blatant cracktard Floyd hater.

who gives a shit what mayweather does,the point is and only has ever been the results,which would indicate he goes above and beyond what it takes to rule boxing

I can appreciate Rios's going out there and slugging it out, but he seems a bit, you know. Dull.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I don't really see anything especially hard in that training, but who knows, it's only a short video clip.

Ariza has never impressed me with his methods, but we only see limited things

well he helped Khan, without Ariza and them magical shakes I could see Khan 6ft under by now

Back