Honestly, Ronda fights very foolishly.

Exactly. Even at the beginning of Ronda's career she would just walk through her opponents punches, get the clinch, the throw and then the armbar. The women just don't have the punching power to stop Rousey from coming forward. At most they might be able to briefly stun her.

Watchout tho, the fun-police will call you a troll.

She is much, much more talented than her opponents. But she's running right into brawling exchanges with them as though they pose no threat.

I think it's been demonstrated that you never lose respect for your challenger, no matter how good you believe you are. They are in there with you for a reason.

Fedor%252520VS%252520Werdum.gif

GSP-tapping-to-Strikes.gif

buster-douglas-tyson-ko-o.gif

Tv3LI4N.gif

When you act like you're invincible and don't need to have proper defense, you are playing with fire. You can get away with it for awhile, but sooner or later you pay and pay big.

You're advising the most dominant fighter in the world how to change her style but I wonder what credentials do you bring with you? Or are your "credentials" simply watching MMA? Because if you believe watching fighting makes you an expert who can give advice to Ronda Rousey, you must also believe that you could become a doctor if you were to just watch a lot of General Hospital

Don't compare great fighters capitalizing to ronda's opponents. It is an insult to insinuate these ppl possess the skills to make u pay for mistakes the way these guys do

Yeah because that's exactly what I said. Look, Rousey isn't going to get beat by these scrubs, the level in competition is too low. Buster Douglas' ridiculous odds was more about Tyson hype, than Busters' skill level (or lack of).

Women's MMA will never be on the same level, Bethe is basically an amateur fighter. People were praising her striking before this fight. Her striking was awful, it looked like 2 homeless guys fighting over food.

When I watch modern day main event UFC fights, I expect to see the best in the world. Not people winging punches at each other till one falls. If 2 men fought like that, everyone on here would be criticising the low level of skill.
You said "in heavyweight boxing fights can turn in one punch" as though that can't happen in women's MMA. Ronda's opponent's actually have more KO's and TKO's than Serra did before he dropped GSP by the way.

Regarding hype, you know as well as I do that Ronda is incredibly hyped and has every reason to have inflated odds. But she still was not as big a favorite over Bethe as Tyson was over Douglas, despite the size, puncher's chance and everything else.

You're advising the most dominant fighter in the world how to change her style but I wonder what credentials do you bring with you? Or are your "credentials" simply watching MMA? Because if you believe watching fighting makes you an expert who can give advice to Ronda Rousey, you must also believe that you could become a doctor if you were to just watch a lot of General Hospital
Stupid reply. All the fighters in the GIF's above were much more talented than Ronda and Tyson was a bigger favorite over his opposition. Try harder.

A lot of it is marketing IMHO, Rousey's opponents aren't very dangerous standing and KOing people draws more interest than subbing them.

Yeah because that's exactly what I said. Look, Rousey isn't going to get beat by these scrubs, the level in competition is too low. Buster Douglas' ridiculous odds was more about Tyson hype, than Busters' skill level (or lack of).

Women's MMA will never be on the same level, Bethe is basically an amateur fighter. People were praising her striking before this fight. Her striking was awful, it looked like 2 homeless guys fighting over food.

When I watch modern day main event UFC fights, I expect to see the best in the world. Not people winging punches at each other till one falls. If 2 men fought like that, everyone on here would be criticising the low level of skill.

If a man fought the way Rona fights and he were now an undefeated champion in The UFC with a win streak as long as Ronda's with as many consecutive successful title defenses, everyone here would be saying he's the best fighter of all time.

Big Nog fought entirely differently from Rousey - as differently as anyone could fight and he's the one who got criticized. Ronda doesn't use those stalling techniques. She doesn't bore her audience.

You said "in heavyweight boxing fights can turn in one punch" as though that can't happen in women's MMA. Ronda's opponent's actually have more KO's and TKO's than Serra did before he dropped GSP by the way.

Regarding hype, you know as well as I do that Ronda is incredibly hyped and has every reason to have inflated odds. But she still was not as big a favorite over Bethe as Tyson was over Douglas, despite the size, puncher's chance and everything else.

The odds difference is probably due to less people betting on Rousey fights than Tyson fights.

All Rouseys opponents walk backwards, they ain't knocking her out running away. Most of them are beaten before they even step in. Correira roared like a lion all week, but was a lamb to slaughter come fight time.

When you act like you're invincible and don't need to have proper defense, you are playing with fire. You can get away with it for awhile, but sooner or later you pay and pay big.

What fire is she playing with? The gifs you posted are all of guys who can land big and knock you out. None of the girls Ronda has fought have that and none are good enough to make her pay for mistakes.

Don't compare great fighters capitalizing to ronda's opponents. It is an insult to insinuate these ppl possess the skills to make u pay for mistakes the way these guys do

Ronda can make all the mistakes in the world, and she has made countless mistakes she hasn't had to pay for because there is nobody in her division with the talent to exploit the many weaknesses Ronda has.

Liz Carmouche couldn't finish Ronda after taking her back. How many male fighters would have blew it the way Carmouche did after getting their opponents back right at the beginning of a fight? I'm guessing it wouldn't be very many, especially if it were a title fight.

If a man fought the way Rona fights and he were now an undefeated champion in The UFC with a win streak as long as Ronda's with as many consecutive successful title defenses, everyone here would be saying he's the best fighter of all time.

Big Nog fought entirely differently from Rousey - as differently as anyone could fight and he's the one who got criticized. Ronda doesn't use those stalling techniques. She doesn't bore her audience.

If a man fought the way Ronda fights he would have been KO'd brutally a long time ago.

What fire is she playing with? The gifs you posted are all of guys who can land big and knock you out. None of the girls Ronda has fought have that and none are good enough to make her pay for mistakes.
No sir. Serra had NEVER had a KO or TKO victory before he fought GSP, and Werdum caught Fedor in a sub because Fedor was over-aggressive.

No, if a man fought that way, even if he was an undefeated champion, everyone here would consider MMA a joke sport with no technique or skill level. Rousey/Correira played out like a Abbott/Kimbo fight.

I'm pretty sure she rushes in and engages with intent to tie up her opponent where she has infinite advantage. She tried it immediately with Bethe, couldn't get a good hold, she was successful against Zingano, McMann when she gets that collision where her opponent just has no idea what to do and she reacts on instinct.

When she waited and tried to feel out Miesha, Miesha had some success. If she was hesitant against Cris there's just nothing good that would come of that. How she fought Bethe is pretty much how she'd want a fight against Cris to go. Cause a flurry, get your hands on Cris, Cris worries and backs off/cringes at the thought that RR is about to tie you up, then press for a better position to take her down.

All Rouseys opponents walk backwards, they ain't knocking her out running away. Most of them are beaten before they even step in. Correira roared like a lion all week, but was a lamb to slaughter come fight time.
Zingano charged across the cage like a lunatic and Alexis Davis stood there and exchanged chin-up, no head movement punches with her before Ronda threw her down.

Zingano charged across the cage like a lunatic and Alexis Davis stood there and exchanged chin-up, no head movement punches with her before Ronda threw her down.

And are they gonna get knock outs with that kind of technique? No. You've proven my point.

Back