Honestly, Ronda fights very foolishly.

I agree, and Ronda is fighting the best possible way for her to lose to one of those joke opponents.

Yeah that is true, she is risking it, but there is no threat. Even if she gets tagged, she'll go into default Judo mode. We won't see a day where she is knocked clean out. Maybe if she fights till she's old, but she'll retire after clearing the division.

It's a little sad that Fedor got so much credit for being great when in reality he was just a lot better than his competition. How dare he take credit for being great when he was just too far ahead of the pack for his opponents to catch on until about 10 years went by?

Of course I realize Fedor was never close to being the household name Ronda Rousey is, but still on Sherdog he is treated as if he were.

At least Fedor fought some life-long practioners of the arts and not women who decided to join the local MMA gym to get in shape and flirt w/guys as full grown adults without any martial movement engrained in their bodies.

At least Fedor fought some life-long practioners of the arts and not women who decided to join the local MMA gym to get in shape and flirt w/guys as full grown adults without any martial movement engrained in their bodies.

This. Ronda is a big fish in a small pond.

I agree, but Ronda also has no head movement and likes to throw punches with people who are supposedly strikers with said lack of head movement and without feeling them out at all.

That reinforces the point regarding how low the competition is in WMMA. How many male fighters can get into MMA with absolutely zero striking ability and within a few fights easily out-strike the fighters with a reputation for being dangerous strikers using flailing arm-punches while keeping their head up and chin out.

Imagine a male with Ronda's exact skill level came out exactly the same way she did with Bethe against a striker like Anthony Rumble Johnson. Rumble would end the dudes career.

That reinforces the point regarding how low the competition is in WMMA. How many male fighters can get into MMA with absolutely zero striking ability and within a few fights easily out-strike the fighters with a reputation for being dangerous strikers using flailing arm-punches while keeping their head up and chin out.

Imagine a male with Ronda's exact skill level came out exactly the same way she did with Bethe against a striker like Anthony Rumble Johnson. Rumble would end the dudes career.

Don't try to use any logic, they'll accuse you of being a hater.

Haha. Zingano fought for seven years as a pro before meeting rousey, McMann college and olympic wrestler, Miesha has been fighting pro for 8 eight years, Alexis Davis eight years pro. As if they were all Bethe Correias.

the fight was sloppy AF
I believed the hype that Bethe was this elite striker (in WMMA) but wth.. i've seen nothing of that

It's a little sad that Fedor got so much credit for being great when in reality he was just a lot better than his competition. How dare he take credit for being great when he was just too far ahead of the pack for his opponents to catch on until about 10 years went by?

Of course I realize Fedor was never close to being the household name Ronda Rousey is, but still on Sherdog he is treated as if he were.

The major difference is that Fedor fought many opponents who were highly skilled and some had even won championships and he still managed to beat them. They actually had a chance at beating Fedor if Fedor made a mistake. Where is the female equivalent to Cro-Cop, Kevin Randleman, Sammy Shilt, Mark Coleman, Andre Arlovski, Big Nog that Rousey has faced?

Fedor making a mistake would have cost him the fight, Ronda making a mistake results in absolutely zero consequences.

So much misinformation, ignorance, and trolling here.

How long did Cormier, Evans, etc train standup before they were lighting people up?

She is much, much more talented than her opponents. But she's running right into brawling exchanges with them as though they pose no threat.

I think it's been demonstrated that you never lose respect for your challenger, no matter how good you believe you are. They are in there with you for a reason.

When you act like you're invincible and don't need to have proper defense, you are playing with fire. You can get away with it for awhile, but sooner or later you pay and pay big.

Seems like you don't understand head movement and weaving. These are the points of defense for an aggressive, pressure fighter who's also counterfighting. It's not the SAFEST points of defense, but it is a high risk for high reward, style of fighting.

She set out to prove a point, by embarrassing Corea at her own game.....and did so in a spectacular fashion. I can't stand Honda, but damn, there's no denying her talents.

GSP was not arrogant. He got tagged. HUGE fucking difference. And Tyson had already floored Buster Douglas and should have won (long count). He wasn't being arrogant. It is called being dead tired from finally being taken into deep waters after relatively easy fights leading up to the Douglas fight. Before the Douglas fight, Tyson had been to the 10th round, I believe ONCE in his entire fucking career. (I could be wrong but off the top of my head, one time is all I can remember)

Silva was arrogant for clowning. Fedor was arrogant for jumping into Werdum's guard. So yeah, two out of four ain't bad.

And Ronda isn't arrogant. She lacks proper technique, but she was coming forward to win, and in all honesty, Bethe has shown NONE of the power hands that Dana talks about - as Bethe has seven decision wins of her nine wins total. So she's not Golovkin ffs.

You are a solid poster but you might want to rematch the Tyson/Douglas fight.
As for the 'long count', Larry Merchant who was there, claimed Douglas could have gotten up after 5 or 6 seconds but chose to take advantage of the full 10 seconds like 99% of fighters do. The '10' count did last 13 seconds, which in boxing falls in the 'margin of error' of a ref counting without the benefit of a stop watch.
The big thing though was Douglas was dominating the fight, it was scored 7 rounds to 2 for Buster heading to the 10th.

So much misinformation, ignorance, and trolling here.

How long did Cormier, Evans, etc train standup before they were lighting people up?

Good comparison, because Evans and Cormier charge forward throwing flailing arm punches with their heads up and chins out and still manage to easily defeat world class strikers. :rolleyes:

What happened when Rashad Evans stood with Machida? He gave the world Shad Face. Who in WMMA at 135 is going to give us Rousey Face? I can answer that, absolutely nobody. She can hold her chin out, flail around and completely miss as much as she wants and nobody in the women's 135 division will make her pay.

If it weren't for his wrestling, Cormier would have been KO'd by Johnson. Evans and Cormier learned to strike quickly, but they still get lit up by fighters who have a reputation for being great strikers.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a solid poster but you might want to rematch the Tyson/Douglas fight.
As for the 'long count', Larry Merchant who was there, claimed Douglas could have gotten up after 5 or 6 seconds but chose to take advantage of the full 10 seconds like 99% of fighters do. The '10' count did last 13 seconds, which in boxing falls in the 'margin of error' of a ref counting without the benefit of a stop watch.
The big thing though was Douglas was dominating the fight, it was scored 7 rounds to 2 for Buster heading to the 10th.

yup
and Tyson underestimated Douglas big time!

Seems like you don't understand head movement and weaving. These are the points of defense for an aggressive, pressure fighter who's also counterfighting. It's not the SAFEST points of defense, but it is a high risk for high reward, style of fighting.

She set out to prove a point, by embarrassing Corea at her own game.....and did so in a spectacular fashion. I can't stand Honda, but damn, there's no denying her talents.

What game? The game of reckless flailing arm punches? Bethe has never been anything close to a world class striker. She only had two stoppages in her career. She is a former accountant who started training in martial arts to lose weight and that is exactly how she fights. The fact that she went undefeated for so long and somehow got a title fight should tell you all you need to know about the talent level in the women's 135 pound division.

Bethe beat two badly faded fighters in Kedzie and Bazler and beat Duke who shouldn't even be in the UFC and that is what got her a title shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point, because Evans and Cormier charge forward throwing flailing arm punches with their heads up and chins out.

What happened when Rashad Evans stood with Machida? He gave the world Shad Face. Who in WMMA at 135 is going to give us Rousey Face? I can answer that, absolutely nobody. She can hold her chin out, flail around and completely miss as much as she wants and nobody in the women's 135 division will make her pay.

If it weren't for his wrestling, Cormier would have been KO'd by Johnson. Evans and Cormier learned to strike quickly, but they still get lit up by fighters who have a reputation for being great strikers.

Anthony Johnson is some lifelong striker who honed his craft since childhood ala Machida's elusive karate point fighting advantage? Dude was a JUCO national champ wrestler who didn't start hitting pads until the age of 20 same as Shad and Jones. Gus was a solid amateur boxer who started training at 10 or so and got shadfaced by anthony johnson.

The sport is full of top-five fighters who dabbled in sports and martial arts then decided in their early 20s to start training mma. Comparing the talent pool of wmma vs. men makes sense only so far that they're very similar stories ie olympic wrestler, multiple women who've already been pro for 7-10 years, former champion boxer and then Cris, someone who got dismantled by a part-time muay thai champ.

You need to look into the backgrounds of Ronda's opponents. They have been training martial arts just as long as her and either started mma before her or been doing it just as long. The only opponent shes had more experience than is Bethe, who's mouth earned her the beating of a lifetime.

Why are Rhonda fans so insecure that they can't even admit Rhonda has terrible striking. Only reason she gets away with it is because her opponents are so terrible and weak that they can't punish her for it. Hell even fedor fans can admit that he fought a lot of cans. Rhonda fans should grow up get out of the basement and do the same.

Back