Honest Question: What did Jones do Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you suggesting that personality plays no part in which athletes fans like more?

It's been that way since sport began. And the race card IS lame in this case. While there may be the rare few out there that feel that way, it's an insignificant percentage.

Micheal Jordan is the most popular basketball player of all time by a wide margin and is a known fucking douche bag to everyone. He's a complete asshole with a terrible personality. Same with other guys like rapist Kobe and Kareem who refuses to sign children's autographs.

Isaiah Thomas used to show up to practice late almost every day leading to the coach stating, "Practice starts when Isaiah gets here." Not to mention him and his team walking off the court without shaking hands.

This is just a few examples from basketball, these fan favorites have some of the worst personalities you'll come across. But guess what? Because they won games no one gave a shit except for the occasional article or story.

In other sports personality does matter but not anywhere close to how it does in MMA. In basketball if you're a douchebag but win games no one cares.

What? Anderson got more hate than almost any other champion. And DC is the fan favorite of course he's getting support there are two black people fighting each other. Thusly one out of the two is going to get respect you fucking idiot lol.

Your argument is essentially like saying "I'm not racist I have some black friends." You're stating "MMA fans aren't racist they like some black fighters."

Being black isn't why Jones is disliked but it is definitely part of the reason for a decent section of fans.

Jones is a normal guy. He doesn't have a "shitty personality" that's undefendable according to you, even DC stated in the Ariel interview Jones is a "good dude" multiple times.

So stop crying like a baby, Jones is a young guy who made some mistakes not the antichrist lol. Saying you "can't defend his shitty personality" is borderline delusional. He got one find it fucking hilarious it constantly gets everyone butthurt with Instagram posts and such.

This is the kind of ridiculousness I now expect. Just as I saw with Shogun fans when he was primed, and Liddell fans before he was cracked. Grasping to avoid fault for NO reason.

You know who thinks Jon has a shitty personality? Pro fighters. I've had over a dozen pro fighters talk about how fake his persona is and how shitty he can truly be. Jones get's this whiteknight bulls#it because for some reason his fans think that people HAVE to like his personality as well as respect his skill.

The guy has shown time and again he's a shitty person in certain aspects of his personality. All you fans need to accept it.

I dont like Frank Mir either, for many of the same reasons I don't like Jones. I also dislike Tito for the same reasons. Man, I must be Chinese.... or maybe I'm a self-hating black man? Oh nooo! :eek:

C'mon, don't act like you don't know

What? Anderson got more hate than almost any other champion. And DC is the fan favorite of course he's getting support there are two black people fighting each other. Thusly one out of the two is going to get respect you fucking idiot lol.

Your argument is essentially like saying "I'm not racist I have some black friends." You're stating "MMA fans aren't racist they like some black fighters."

Being black isn't why Jones is disliked but it is definitely part of the reason for a decent section of fans.

Jones is a normal guy. He doesn't have a "shitty personality" that's undefendable according to you, even DC stated in the Ariel interview Jones is a "good dude" multiple times.

So stop crying like a baby, Jones is a young guy who made some mistakes not the antichrist lol. Saying you "can't defend his shitty personality" is borderline delusional. He got one find it fucking hilarious it constantly gets everyone butthurt with Instagram posts and such.

FFS, go away Al Sharpton.

Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Muhammed Ali
Sugar Ray Leonard
Barry Sanders

Some of the most beloved athletes of all time. If Jones didn't act like such an aloof, self-serving ass he would be in the same company.

Everyone keeps saying it's because he beats fan favorites. This may be the case for a few but in reality it's just because he's SUPA fake......... and the eyepokes. I was a huge fan of Jones in the beginning, even after he beat some of my all time favorite fighters. I saw great promise in this kid when he first came into the octagon and liked him as a fighter as well, but my like for him diminished more and more as he retained the title. Just my two cents

Sure there is notably when people like you who are reaching with your explanations of why is he a shitty person.

Like the post i quoted earlier. How is being in the car with two women when they both are associated with your wife a "shitty" thing to do.You seemed happy to jump in with this.

Being in a car with two women that arent youre wife A. isnt a shitty thing to do unless we want to use uptight little puritanical pilgrim logic. B. and it doesnt imply jones was intending to take them to the Bone Zone.

Further for such a colossal shitty person how come most of the fan interactions with him being posted on here are positive? You would think a massive douche would be rude to the fans if that is the kind of person alot of you are trying to portray.

Let's remove the car situation. That leaves "Jon Jones get some fans", The Rashad situation. The UFC 158 situation. The disrespect to Gus. The Cormier off-air situation. The brawl (which is as much Cormier as Jones). Just to keep it to the cage-related incidents.

Honestly, why are people defending his personality? Would you all defend Ty Cobb as well? Or is racism the one thing you won't defend?

Im starting to think fake/shitty personality is codeword for black. :D

This is the kind of ridiculousness I now expect. Just as I saw with Shogun fans when he was primed, and Liddell fans before he was cracked. Grasping to avoid fault for NO reason.

You know who thinks Jon has a shitty personality? Pro fighters. I've had over a dozen pro fighters talk about how fake his persona is and how shitty he can truly be. Jones get's this whiteknight bulls#it because for some reason his fans think that people HAVE to like his personality as well as respect his skill.

The guy has shown time and again he's a shitty person in certain aspects of his personality. All you fans need to accept it.

I dont like Frank Mir either, for many of the same reasons I don't like Jones. I also dislike Tito for the same reasons. Man, I must be Chinese.... or maybe I'm a self-hating black man? Oh nooo! :eek:

You don't have to like his personality I never said that. I also never said you were racist or disliked Jones because he was black, you need some new reading comprehension.

Also, again lol at your fucking retarded logic. "I'm not racist cause I also dislike Mir and he's white herp derp." Like do you realize how dumb that sounds you clown?

And fans don't need to "accept" he's a shitty person because I don't think he is one. That's completely your opinion, I care more about like actual tangible things such as Gus and Rumble beating women means I will never support them in a fight.

Again, if you hate Jones for his personality I guess go ahead but you obviously have an unhealthy obsession with him seeing as you've been hawking this thread replying to every guy who supports Jon lol.

In my opinion you're a teenage girl when deciding what fighters you like.

Jones didn't do anything wrong really, he just rubs some people the wrong way, i notice that i get way too emotionally invested in what fighters say and do outside of fighting and i know i shouldn't because it's dumb to do. I think for me the key to staying a fan of fighters is to just never watch anything other than their fights.

Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Muhammed Ali
Sugar Ray Leonard
Barry Sanders

Some of the most beloved athletes of all time. If Jones didn't act like such an aloof, self-serving ass he would be in the same company.

ali did some incredibly crazy things to promote his fights. he once tried to get an opponent to call him a ***** so he can fake outrage, promote the fight, and stir the race angle. not to mention the things he said about race but just like jones the fights and the things he did fighting will outshine that. jordan is also a pretty terrible person from numerous celeb stories.

I dont even know who the guy is. Google him and not impressed.

I guess some people will never pass up an opportunity to kill a legitimate argument with ridiculous claims of racism lol. I'm speaking of you btw. I must be racist

Michael Jordan
LeBron James
Muhammed Ali
Sugar Ray Leonard
Barry Sanders

Lol first off LeBron is one of the most hated athletes ever from his time at Miami he got booed in literally every single away game. You clearly don't watch much sports.

But, this logic is completely retarded. Jones is obviously disliked by a faction of fans because he's black. Denying that is stupid.

I guess because our president is black no one in America is racist anymore. Or because you found some black athletes people like it's impossible for fans to ever be racist.

You sound like a complete dolt I really hope you never try to use this retarded argument again.

You don't have to like his personality I never said that. I also never said you were racist or disliked Jones because he was black, you need some new reading comprehension.

Also, again lol at your fucking retarded logic. "I'm not racist cause I also dislike Mir and he's white herp derp." Like do you realize how dumb that sounds you clown?

And fans don't need to "accept" he's a shitty person because I don't think he is one. That's completely your opinion, I care more about like actual tangible things such as Gus and Rumble beating women means I will never support them in a fight.

Again, if you hate Jones for his personality I guess go ahead but you obviously have an unhealthy obsession with him seeing as you've been hawking this thread replying to every guy who supports Jon lol.

In my opinion you're a teenage girl when deciding what fighters you like.

Great way to win debate. Avoid topic by attacking opponent's position via shaming.

No one has to know a single black person in their lives to know Jones has a poor personality. My point in exercising Mir/Ortiz is that race is a separate issue from persona.

My frustration is that the Sharptons in this thread continue to pretend there isn't something left wanting in that personality. And assume race or dislike of his age/when-he-came-up is a factor in the disdain.

So you can continue to mock my position via ad homenims, but you still lack substance as a poster in this discussion.

Humiliate almost all of his opponents. I'm not even a Jones fan.

I dont even know who the guy is. Google him and not impressed.

giphy.gif

He pokes every opponent he faces in the eye.

He abuses his frankly unfair reach advantage by holding his hands and fingers in the opponents face consistenly, to keep them from advancing without getting poked.

He puts on a fake personality infront of the cameras, in a very slimey and off putting way.

Those are my top 3 reasons i think

This. Eye pokes are bad enough and then his horrible persona he tries to portray. He's a man that appears to lack integrity.

Puts up this wholesome image, says "I'll fight anyone at anytime" and then three months later, he has no opponent and at the last minute is given Chael Sonnen and he backs out. Chael is a blown up 185lber fighting Jones with 2 weeks notice and Jones says no even though he publicly stated he's a fighter who will "fight anyone at anytime"

He tells the world for 2 years that he would "never fight Rashad Evans because he's like a brother to me." When asked if he would fight Rashad, he pulls the "If the UFC and Dana want me to fight Rashad, I guess I would have to fight him. I don't want to lose my job"...what kind of sorry shit excuse is that? They're gonna cut you for not fighting Evans?

No integrity. If he was just himself, the fans would've just accepted him more

It amazes me some people get so offended that other people don't like their hero.

Great way to win debate. Avoid topic by attacking opponent's position via shaming.

No one has to know a single black person in their lives to know Jones has a poor personality. My point in exercising Mir/Ortiz is that race is a separate issue from persona.

My frustration is that the Sharptons in this thread continue to pretend there isn't something left wanting in that personality. And assume race or dislike of his age/when-he-came-up is a factor in the disdain.

So you can continue to mock my position via ad homenims, but you still lack substance as a poster in this discussion.

You're the guy with the problem.

TS asked a simple question, why do people dislike Jones?

Being black and beating a plethora of fan favorites is definitely one of the reasons Jones is disliked. Is it the only reason? Of course not.

But to say beating a bunch of fighters in the old guard and being black didn't contribute at all to people disliking Jones is just as dumb as saying the only reason people disliked Jones is being black.

It's a combination of a lot of things, and two of them are beating a lot of fan favorites and being black. That's a pretty logical argument and saying otherwise is really rather stupid.

I dislike Pettis because he beat Bendo, as do a lot of Bendo fans. It's common and happens all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back