Honest Question: What did Jones do Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you not seen the numerous promos for this event? He plays like a good guy for the camera when actually he's a petulant douche. He acts respectful and dignified and then reveals himself as a disrespectful brat.

He's constantly posting stuff on his twitter and then deleting it because it shows how douchey he is and his p.r. people react to it.

The whole drunk driving thing while cheating on his wife after being "holier than thou" is a perfect example.

It's okay to be a douche or an ass, just don't claim to be perfect if you are.

Also lying to the commission about losing Nike sponsorship when the real reason (which he must have known) was that they weren't interested in his fake persona being revealed again and again. Now he says they're moving away from mma, but it's known they're pursuing Silva.

The guy is a great fighter, but a pretty rotten human being.

His personality annoys me a little is all I can say about Jones--I certainly don't hate him. As a fighter and athlete, I have nothing but respect and admiration for him.

There was a reason Fedor was the most popular fighter on here for years. He was shy and pudgy, with the personality of a laundry machine, but he would wreck people. Jones is confident and very athletic. I think the average sherdogger identifies more with a fighter like Fedor. Confident, dominant fighters like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva have always been hated by the average Sherslob.

Spot on they prefer this image..

FedorIceCream_0.jpg

To this one..

JonJones_pointing.jpg

I'm not black. I like Daniel Cormier, I like Anderson Silva, I like Rashad Evans, I like Robin Black, I like many other blacks. I don't like Jon Jones. How does this make me rascist, you generalizing fuck?

Lol so he cant hang out with other females?

A man is never allowed to be around another woman if there is liquor involved and not have it be sexual. I read it in the Sherdog Jon Jones is a dick handbook..

he wants to have an admirable image and occasionally does things to better that, but his true nature comes out with behaving differently when the cameras aren't rolling.

people see through that, the promo shot right after the brawl makes it too obvious to miss. there are few things people hate more than being a hypocrite.

while cheating on his wife.

Can you give source for this? I must have missed it. Besides I think those who claim jones is a "shit person and most evil person on earth" is usually bad persons themselves. Normal people dont have this obession.

Too much too soon for a lot of people.. There is a lot of jealousy when it comes to Jones. That is what happens when you come into the sport being seen as the next great fighter at 21 and by 23 you are the champion beating down legends of MMA that have been competing for a decade or more. He is brash and arrogant but people say things about him that are just over exaggerated or quickly take the side of his opponent on any issue even if Jones is in the right.. When you dominate so much in the octagon people try to find other areas to attack you..

This thread was for the haters to tell their reasons, not for you to try to defend and make up some "why I think it is" -reasons. Also that "too much too soon for a lot of people.." opening. lol. You know it champ.

Then to the actual thread. Jon just rubs me the wrong way, he is arrogant, immature, childish and all around irritating person.. Oh and fake as fuck, the christian jonathan, go get some fans, DUI, use the pokes, you only get warnings. He and greg are match made in heaven, no doubt.

There are some interviews and clips where he seems like a good dude, but those are quite rare and usually he just gets his cocky dummy role on.

I dont hate aldo (28), conor (28 too?) they are young and great too, just a couple examples out there.

Never disliked anderson, he has funny personality and he dominated.

Never hate dudes who beat legends or my favorites, good for them. Werdum for example like some dude said.

So please, let the haters tell their reasons, youre obviously not one of us.

And for the guy who said he cant understand the hate, but he is ok with someone not liking jonathan.. well this is sherdog, its really the same thing. black or white, fanboy or hater, no middle ground.

He didn't want to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice and people flipped their shit because they're idiots and still haven't let that grudge go

A HUGE PART of his game plan is to use eye pokes. It is blatant. He doesn't try to hide it. I literally just rewatched his fight with Vitor, and Vitor was totally stifled by eye poke attempts by Jon. The ref warned Jon at least ten times to not extend his fingers into Vitor's face, but Jon ignored him and did it endlessly.

I hate the fact that no fighter can try to engage Jones without potentially getting a fight ending eye injury. bullshit. He is dirty.

This thread was for the haters to tell their reasons, not for you to try to defend and make up some "why I think it is" -reasons. Also that "too much too soon for a lot of people.." opening. lol. You know it champ.

Yeah because the fat assholes that sit on their couch getting a hard on to old Pride videos were completely in love with a young, black, talented kid making Shogun tap out to strikes..

I'm noticing some sherdoggers are obsessed with that fact Jones is black. Racebait Dramaqueens.

Seriously, is there ANYONE in here that dislikes a fighter due to skin color?

Yeah because the fat assholes that sit on their couch getting a hard on to old Pride videos were completely in love with a young, black, talented kid making Shogun tap out to strikes..

Case in point. You're probably one of the worst posters on Sherdog.

Well, tell me when you find one of those dudes. Other than the ones you imagine.

Edit. Oh and concerning the obvious black and tall subject. I actually like phil davis, he is a bit of a boring fighter at times, but he seems like a good dude. Even beat my boy Gus.

Oh and before you come to a conclusion and say that I hate Jones, because I am a fan of Gus, I hated jon way before their match and was a fan of Gus straight from the beginning, being Nordic too.

I'm not trolling, I really want to know. I watch his fights, so I guess I just haven't seen enough of his interviews or twitters or whatever to understand the hate. I mean people hate this guy like he stole their money and slept with their girlfriends. Maybe the hate is totally justified, but I just missed the things that he did that called for the hate.

So haters, please enlighten me, preferably with specific things he did that have led to the hate?

So you've been here since 2002, and have 18,000 posts, but are honestly clueless as to why some people have a dislike for Jones, like it has never, ever come up in conversation before in any other thread. interesting.

I used to be a fan, and just couldn't continue.

It's the way he comes off. It's the little shit he says.

Take guys like Rampage, Sonnen, etc... They run their mouths like they are full of themselves, but I think they are half kidding most of the time.

Jones truly believes he is a better human being than everyone else. I bet he is 100% intolerable to be around.

Jones seems like he has the same delusions as Kanye. Megalomania to the highest degree.

That's why people hate Jones, because he is simply the opposite of a down to earth, regular guy.

Look at Liddell, when he was on top. He was just a cool, regular, respectful, humble guy, who just happened to be the best in the world at the very rise of this sport - KOing, twice, with ease, the next best two guys in the UFC.

That's what people like. Damn I miss ole Chucky boy. One of the best champions this sport has ever seen IMO.

image_crop.php

He's just an un-funny, narcissistic jerk with an impaired sense of empathy.

Pick any one of the items people hold against him and they will fit this description.

Most JJ fans seem to recognize this anyway, since they now completely avoid addressing his behavior. Instead they regurgitate the "Jones trolling" or "I care about the fights, not the drama" line. This last one is funny because the people who really don't care (and there are many) would never bother replying to topics regarding JJ's character.

He didn't want to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice and people flipped their shit because they're idiots and still haven't let that grudge go

And Jones was right in the end on that one.. That 151 fiasco gave Sonnen an outlet to get a fight he never deserved.. The idiot fans that jumped all over Jones for it forced Dana to do TUF with them and we got the one sided shitty fight we all knew would happen..

I'm noticing some sherdoggers are obsessed with that fact Jones is black. Racebait Dramaqueens.

Seriously, is there ANYONE in here that dislikes a fighter due to skin color?

If you think there aren't people who dislike fighters because of race you're fucking delusional.

Also lol at a guy who doesn't like Jones because of his "personality" calling someone a drama queen...you sound like a teenage girl explaining why she doesn't like another girl in her class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back