Honest Question: What did Jones do Wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I'm not trolling, I really want to know. I watch his fights, so I guess I just haven't seen enough of his interviews or twitters or whatever to understand the hate. I mean people hate this guy like he stole their money and slept with their girlfriends. Maybe the hate is totally justified, but I just missed the things that he did that called for the hate.

So haters, please enlighten me, preferably with specific things he did that have led to the hate?

He pokes every opponent he faces in the eye.

He abuses his frankly unfair reach advantage by holding his hands and fingers in the opponents face consistenly, to keep them from advancing without getting poked.

He puts on a fake personality infront of the cameras, in a very slimey and off putting way.

Those are my top 3 reasons i think

Also, he has beaten fan favorites (Shogun, Machida, Rampage...).

At the end people always talking Jones hate but to be honest(on sherdog)I dont see a huge Jones hate except for some losers and haters...The guy did a lot and became the youngest UFC champ he is young handsome rich and one of the baddest guys on the planet what people expect him...for sure he ll be a bit cocky nothing wrong about it

It's like Giant Silva.

Some people are likeable, some are not.
Part of this is how you treat people, Jones has a self-serving nature which is obvious.
Also....... he's a snitch:p

Because he put the hurt on their heroes. Some folks can't stand that Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Vitor etc weren't as completely awesome as they thought and that Jones was so dominant against them.

My problem with Jon Jones is that he's not a good finisher. He's always just getting lucky.

I think DC said it best in his interview with Ariel. Should go watch it.

I'm not trolling, I really want to know. I watch his fights, so I guess I just haven't seen enough of his interviews or twitters or whatever to understand the hate. I mean people hate this guy like he stole their money and slept with their girlfriends. Maybe the hate is totally justified, but I just missed the things that he did that called for the hate.

So haters, please enlighten me, preferably with specific things he did that have led to the hate?

For me the thing he did wrong is use eye pokes maliciously in his last four fights. When he fights fair like when he fought Rashad Evans I think he's awesome.

I don't know. But seeing as Gus and Rumble are much more popular I guess beating women would be a good start in gaining fans for Jon.

My problem with Jon Jones is that he's not a good finisher. He's always just getting lucky.

um, thats retarded. Jones beats the shit out of people and hes always looking for the finish. Just because he couldnt finish a few really tough guys you think hes not a good finisher?

First man to ever stop Shogun with strikes
Choked out Rampage
Rocked Rashad almost at will
Humiliated Sonnen
Almost broke Vitors arm off and took it home with him
Rocked Gus
Beat the crap out of Glover, knocked his mouthpiece out like 4 times, ripped his arm apart
etc

Say what you will about his personality all day but when it comes to fighting, Jon really does break bones...

I personally will never be a fan of JJ because hes a drunk driver and religious bible thumping hypocrite

people find him irritating. He is a little irritating in the way he comes off. If anything it makes people want to watch his fights more so who cares. I'm sure he's fine in private, it's stressful to be in front of cameras all the time. People act different and figgity.

1. Pretend he is a holier than thou Christian.

2. Smash into a pole with his car while drunk driving.... with a women who wasn't his wife.

This is just one example.... The guy is as fake as a person can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back