Honest opinion on khabib

He doesnt have to dwarf them. But khabib is a very strong grappler. Why are u so defensive? Khabib has mediocre standup, hasnt shown good combonations, has weak kicks. Come on, am i wrong?

Because he's a life long grappler who doesnt have to show superb striking to entertain you, he needs to win and he's pretty efficient with it. How hard is it to understand ? You sound like you don't understand shit about the sport you're watching. He doesnt need to throw pretty combinations to win fights, he needs to hit and avoid getting hit and he does that very well. Efficiency is more effective than quality and quantity

I think hes an awesome wrestler with good ground and pound that cuts massive ammounts of weight so he can dominate smaller men.
You mean "that cut's massive amounts of weight so he can fight guy's his own size that are also cutting massive amounts of weight instead of being at a distinct size advantage fighting in the next division up against naturally bigger guy's also cutting massive amounts of weight". Right?

But because you aren't a fan of his you want him to do this in hopes that if he is the " smaller man" instead of being the same size he will be getting beat by the much bigger WWs proving he "was never really that good" and "Got exposed the first time he fought someone his own size" despite that being blatantly false?

And if uve watched mma long enough, u’ll know that you will eat crow. Everybody, and i mean everybody loses. I have no hatred for khabib, but just seeing delusional fans who think he is some untouchable god that cant be beat, i cant wait til he loses....

i rememeber talking to a guy a while ago about DC when he was undefeated n beating HWs n LHWs, he said DC was unbeatable because he has next level olympic wrestling, a rock solid chin and trains at AKA. Lol

btw, your idea of “levels to this” doesnt always work. DC was an olympic level wrestler...jon jones was junior college, not even D2, but he took DD down over and over. What level was that lol
First of all,I have never said he will never be defeated,so your already making shit up,or assuming something.

I also never said DC was unbeatable,but he sure was very difficult to beat,since he has only 3 losses and has fought many top fighters.

And as far DC vs Jones goes,firstly Jones was using PEDS and secondly,with his varied unpredictable assault,he is able to implement aspects of his wrestling on DC that DC has trouble dealing with,so this "levels to this" thing you somehow attribute to me for some reason,from the imagination of your mind,does not apply. Yoel Romero is an olympic wrestler too,but he finds he is better at using it defensivley,and as something to fall back,naturally opting to strike. This is MMA,as you seem to have to be constantly reminded. The transition from other sports changes things.

Last edited:
You said he cuts a massive amount of weight to fight smaller men,so show me the side by side so i can see all the guys he is SO MUCH BIGGER THAN,that he cant be defeated.

As to your other non point,this is MMA,it is about the sum of parts,and how you use them. Khabib doesnt have to be so good at striking as to impress striking purists,hell he doesnt even need to land strikes for them to be effective. His OVERALL MMA game is why he is undefeated. Thats how MMA works.
Please find my post where i said he cuts massive weight to fight smaller guys. Your fanboyism is clouding your mind.

and part of mma is having all the tools as well. Why are u so butthurt that i made a real claim that his standup is mediocre at best. And having mediocre standup is a big weakness. His overly good grappling is what has made him successful. But look at anderson silva, his striking was otherworldly, and it got him very far, but his weakness of being taken down was and had been exposed, in pride and in many ufc fights. He found a way to win, but they were glaring weaknesses.

so if u think khabib is superhuman and cant get KTFO because his standup might get exposed, then ur the one that doesnt understand MMA

He shouldn’t be compared to Jones because Jones is a dirty steroid cheat who shouldn’t be in anyone’s conversation as far as the GOAT goes.

A more suitable comparison would be GSP - a dominant grappler with an exceptionally high level of conditioning who can grind out a win even when he doesn’t look great doing it. GSP has more big names on his resume, but also more surprise defeats. Right now I definitely like GSP’s resume more but Khabib’s consistency shouldn’t be discounted. The names might not me impressive on paper, but based on how few MMA fighters anywhere ever have had a 30 fight win streak, that suggests it’s still an exceptional accomplishment.

If he beats Tony, goes up to welter and picks up the belt then defends against whoever the top welters are at the time, he’ll definitely be in the GOAT conversation imo.

Please find my post where i said he cuts massive weight to fight smaller guys. Your fanboyism is clouding your mind.

and part of mma is having all the tools as well. Why are u so butthurt that i made a real claim that his standup is mediocre at best. And having mediocre standup is a big weakness. His overly good grappling is what has made him successful. But look at anderson silva, his striking was otherworldly, and it got him very far, but his weakness of being taken down was and had been exposed, in pride and in many ufc fights. He found a way to win, but they were glaring weaknesses.

so if u think khabib is superhuman and cant get KTFO because his standup might get exposed, then ur the one that doesnt understand MMA
When i destroyed some other crybaby about the weight cutting,you responsed to it so I thought that was you originally

and..

Holy shit. I never said he cant lose.
And every fighter has weaknesses. Big fuckin deal !!!!!!!!!!!!

He shouldn’t be compared to Jones because Jones is a dirty steroid cheat who shouldn’t be in anyone’s conversation as far as the GOAT goes.

A more suitable comparison would be GSP - a dominant grappler with an exceptionally high level of conditioning who can grind out a win even when he doesn’t look great doing it. GSP has more big names on his resume, but also more surprise defeats. Right now I definitely like GSP’s resume more but Khabib’s consistency shouldn’t be discounted. The names might not me impressive on paper, but based on how few MMA fighters anywhere ever have had a 30 fight win streak, that suggests it’s still an exceptional accomplishment.

If he beats Tony, goes up to welter and picks up the belt then defends against whoever the top welters are at the time, he’ll definitely be in the GOAT conversation imo.
He doesnt have to go up to WW to be the GOAT. GSP was the GOAT without having to move up. He was the GOAT before he came back to beat Bisping.

Because he's a life long grappler who doesnt have to show superb striking to entertain you, he needs to win and he's pretty efficient with it. How hard is it to understand ? You sound like you don't understand shit about the sport you're watching. He doesnt need to throw pretty combinations to win fights, he needs to hit and avoid getting hit and he does that very well. Efficiency is more effective than quality and quantity
Its obvious his grappling is akin to andersons striking.
And his standup is as weak as andersons wrestling.
They have weaknesses, gsp and jones are more complete.
Am i wrong?

also, khabib hasnt shown that he can lose and comeback, which is in itself a trait for greatness. He has 3 title fights, so pump ur brakes on that goat talk.

i guess someone cant point out a fighters weakness without his fans crying...

Hes literally not even proven to be the best LW in the world yet.

Tony could very well be the best. We dont know yet. All we know is Khabib is either 1st or 2nd place. but who cares about 2nd place...

he is overrated right now. if he beats Tony and Gaethje, and maybe Conor again for lols, then he will solidify his name at the GOAT table

I think hes an awesome wrestler with good ground and pound that cuts massive ammounts of weight so he can dominate smaller men.

Show me a single picture of Khabib making his opponents look like midgets the way Conrat did at 145, Till at 170 and Jones at 205, I'll check back in a few years to see if you can find something. Meanwhile Khabib looked small and skinny vs Tibau and Abel. Khabib is a average LW at BEST. Thank you kind sir.

Khabib LW + WW 02.jpg

I kinda agree.
Khabib is really really good. Noone was able to negate his grappling, even tho e everybody knew it was coming. But thats also the reason why He is so one dimensional. He doesnt need to do anything else. Thats why i hope someone actually brings the fight to him and makes him show, if he is more than just a really good grappler. Hopefully Tony will be the one.

also, khabib hasnt shown that he can lose and comeback, which is in itself a trait for greatness. He has 3 title fights, so pump ur brakes on that goat talk.
Better to not lose at all than lose and come back. :D

Until he does lose,we dont really need to concern ourselves with how he would handle that. We wait for it when it comes.

I kinda agree.
Khabib is really really good. Noone was able to negate his grappling, even tho e everybody knew it was coming. But thats also the reason why He is so one dimensional. He doesnt need to do anything else. Thats why i hope someone actually brings the fight to him and makes him show, if he is more than just a really good grappler. Hopefully Tony will be the one.
His striking did have to improve,when his level of competition ramped up,and it has. Defensivley and offensivley.

I kinda agree.
Be careful, khabibs girlfriends are going to tell you that you dont know anything.

Bottom line. Hope Khabib losses in a violent fashion. If it is not. Then it is like it should be. I raw against him probably since the RDA fiight. Never liked the guy and his culture. But if he never losses. Then it is like should be. I will not drum my chest and scream how the God is unfear and so on. Probably like Khabib buddies would do.

Lol at bringing up his culture, you mad there are people out there who would run a train on your sister and treat her like meat before marrying a woman from their people who is conservative and great for raising children. You better pray your children even stay the same gender they were born as before commenting on others cultures boy.

His striking did have to improve,when his level of competition ramped up,and it has. Defensivley and offensivley.
Yes it has. But i doubt he is comfortable striking over a longer period of time like Jones, GSP or DC often do.
Also i believe the skills are there. As a modern day Martial artist He is 100% training his striking. However mentally he isnt to concerned with it other than setting up his TDs

The thing almost every great fighter has some embarrassing loss to a nobody in the beginning of their career or later, but Khabib has not slipped up once, that’s impressive. Still he has some obvious holes in his game, yet his strengths and mentality seem to make up for it.

Yes it has. But i doubt he is comfortable striking over a longer period of time like Jones, GSP or DC often do.
Also i believe the skills are there. As a modern day Martial artist He is 100% training his striking. However mentally he isnt to concerned with it other than setting up his TDs
True,but this is the way his career has gone,yknow? He has to rely on whats been most effective for him. I dont know if fighting differently would be the best thing for him to do. I cant say that.

You can tell guys wanna unload on him,and they wind up just standing there in front of him,they know whats gonna happen. They are like "FUCK!" hahahahah

Don't worry about what others think for a minute. How good do you think he is?

Can anyone get out from under him? Can he get just about anyone down? Can anyone beat him today? Can anyone from yesterday beat him?

I'd say he's looked pretty fucking wicked good since returning from injury in 2016. No one is unbeatable. But he's looking like GSP 2013 to me.

That being said, that's only 6 fights, and I look forward to his next 4 or 5. In my perfect world if he beats Tony he fights Justin. Then maybe Conor again if no one else deserves it more. That takes us to 2021. By then, some other up-and-comer will deserve it. That's the beauty of dominating a division; eventually there's always someone else.

Lol @ Khabib fighting another 4 or 5 times

Back