Honest opinion on khabib

Yes it has. But i doubt he is comfortable striking over a longer period of time like Jones, GSP or DC often do.
Also i believe the skills are there. As a modern day Martial artist He is 100% training his striking. However mentally he isnt to concerned with it other than setting up his TDs
The Tony fight will tell us what we need to know. This should be the ultimate test.

Lol @ Khabib fighting another 4 or 5 times
People say they wanna retire and then they dont.

Khabib just gave an interview where he said that he and Javier and all the other AKA guys want DC to retire,but he is having a hard time giving it up.

"This Olympic guy they never wanna retire"

Personally id like DC to retire,he had a great fight with stipe before he lost,and Khabib doesnt really need to have more than 4 or 5 fights,as youve said. But will they both stop,regardless of what theyve told us...?

True,but this is the way his career has gone,yknow? He has to rely on whats been most effective for him. I dont know if fighting differently would be the best thing for him to do. I cant say that.
Yep thats exactly my point. He just neved needed to. But if he doesnt retire in a few fights, im pretty certain someone will eventually figure him out.

Yep thats exactly my point. He just neved needed to. But if he doesnt retire in a few fights, im pretty certain someone will eventually figure him out.
If its not Tony,that guy better hurry up hahaha.cos im not sure weve seen him yet.

I would really like to see him vs FIGHTER Kevin Lee. Imagine if that fight happens,and because of the Tri Star connection we FINALLY see him vs GSP. GSP could be the one too,to figure out the riddle.

Although Khabib has trained striking,he did not spar at ALL until hooking up with AKA. That is probably his biggest weakness,in that he learned late.

I dont give a shit how fancy you look in the ring/cage, as long as you can make what your doing work, and do it all the time, that to me is what matters.

So far, Khabib has not lost, nor has he shown any signs of nearly losing in any fight hes been in besides eating a few punches here and there.

His striking may still improve. Sometimes, fighters's striking improves later in their career. Frank Mir, Randy Couture, and Josh Koscheck are some examples.

But look at this.
Jadfp1U.gif

You idiots are really starting to piss me off. These was an injured Conor at probably 30% of what he is capable of, BORE OFF.

Its obvious his grappling is akin to andersons striking.
And his standup is as weak as andersons wrestling.
They have weaknesses, gsp and jones are more complete.
Am i wrong?

also, khabib hasnt shown that he can lose and comeback, which is in itself a trait for greatness. He has 3 title fights, so pump ur brakes on that goat talk.

i guess someone cant point out a fighters weakness without his fans crying...

I am not the one talking about Goats, I hate that discussion anyway. Yes his striking may not be the best but it's definitely not bad and it's efficient. And that's all he needs. I never said that Khabib is perfect everywhere, but khabib is great at adjusting, he knows what he can do, when and how. He has a great fight IQ. Lots of people seem to think his striking is not good because it doesnt look good, which are two totally different things. Khabib is not jon jones, he's not Anderson Silva, he's not GSP, he's just Khabib, he has the most complete set of grappling skills you could possibly see in the UFC, that's his strength, his striking also has come a long way since he arrived at AKA in 2012 without having sparred a day in his life, acknowledge it.

You're not pointing out anything you're just comparing fighters that can't be compared.

khabib hasnt shown that he can lose and comeback. Why should he do that ? He's the most dominant fighter of his division, losing and coming back doesn mean shit apart from the fact you are not that good and made mistakes before finding strength to come back. Losing before winning actually shows weaknesses from the fighter.

Speaking of which, when Khabib lost a round to Conor he then came back to finish him in the 4th, so you see ? That disproves your point.

People say they wanna retire and then they dont.

Khabib just gave an interview where he said that he and Javier and all the other AKA guys want DC to retire,but he is having a hard time giving it up.

"This Olympic guy they never wanna retire"

Personally id like DC to retire,he had a great fight with stipe before he lost,and Khabib doesnt really need to have more than 4 or 5 fights,as youve said. But will they both stop,regardless of what theyve told us...?

He doesn't need to for sure. But if he wants to be considered as one of the overall greats then a padded record + retiring before you even turn 33 isn't enough imo

If its not Tony,that guy better hurry up hahaha.cos im not sure weve seen him yet.
At LW after that there are only Gaethje and maybe FKL left. Everybody else i see him beating easily.
The real challenges lie at WW.

He doesnt have to go up to WW to be the GOAT. GSP was the GOAT without having to move up. He was the GOAT before he came back to beat Bisping.

I can’t see a route to him being considered GOAT without moving up.

If he beats Tony then he’s effectively cleared out the lightweight division and there aren’t many more legacy enhancing fights for him.

You idiots are really starting to piss me off. These was an injured Conor at probably 30% of what he is capable of, BORE OFF.

He cucked Conor that night lad. He owns his soul.

A pre-coked up Conor as well. Current Conor would get beaten much worse.

Because he's a life long grappler who doesnt have to show superb striking to entertain you, he needs to win and he's pretty efficient with it. How hard is it to understand ? You sound like you don't understand shit about the sport you're watching. He doesnt need to throw pretty combinations to win fights, he needs to hit and avoid getting hit and he does that very well. Efficiency is more effective than quality and quantity

STOP!!!, you are making too much sense for this forum, you are using your brain to think, that is dangerous in Sherdog's world

I'm a fan of Khabib but the problem is with him looking "fucking wicked good" is that:

He's faced Al Iaquinta, Conor McGregor, and Dustin Porier in his 3 career title fights.

Conor is his best win by far, but if we look at it objectively we know McGregor has a stylistic weakness against wrestlers. Look a the Mendes fight, look at the lack of fighting wrestlers, Alvarez didn't try to wrestle him for whatever reason and Mendes pretty much dominated him (most of the fight). McGregor improved his grappling/wrestling since then but it's not like he was "good" at it compared to Khabib by the time they fought.

Khabib fought a journeyman real estate agent for the vacant title. He fought a striker who's weak against wrestlers (a superior Dan Hardy let's imagine), and Dustin Porier who's a high school wrestler with no accolades (and a BJJ black belt sure).

So yeah Khabib is awesome but he's either overrated as of now, or he hasn't had the chance to fight any top flight wrestlers specifically. Both really. Where as GSP for example, had the resume' of going against Hughes, Koscheck, Fitch, Hendricks, (Shields) as wrestlers. Khabib simply hasn't faced any...actually good opponents outside of McGregor and RDA I guess at the time. Everyone else has been a fringe top 5 gatekeeper esque guy at best - Barboza, Porier, etc.
Barboza, Porrier, Iaquinta, mcgregor all have the ability to compete with any man on this earth at 155 pounds, also who else even is there in the division lol? You literally just named the top 5 and then used it as evidence khabib hasn’t beaten anyone good. Want him to pick up cowboy and throw him on the ground a couple times? The tony fight is already made, I don’t understand your point. Who would you have him fight?
Gaethje, Tony, Cowboy, Alexander Hernandez and Charles Olievera are the only people in the top 10 he hasn’t fought, who other than tony Ferguson do you think khabib has to prove himself against between those? Hahaha

Back