Holy **** Cruz!

Man I remember Mir used to have the biggest boner for Miguel Torres when he was commentator.

He was in disbelief when Bowles KO'd him.

Cruz is by far my favorite BW fighter. Was interested in him when he dominated Uncle Creepy. First time I saw Uncle Creepy too and I was like wtf?

I honestly found Cruz's fights to be more entertaining than Barao's. Very fast paced and unique style. His fights with Benavidez were awesome.

I think Barao would kick his ass, though. Bad style for Cruz, strong leg kicks would likely be very problematic for him and his style.

I appreciate his style, but in the same vein as GSP. I like fighters who actively pursue the finish more (Barao) and Dom is a master of the decision.

Dom has always been one of my favorites BW GOAT. Cruz vs Barao is a super fight to me.

Hope he gets a fight booked real soon. Could see an Assuncao match up.

I appreciate his style, but in the same vein as GSP. I like fighters who actively pursue the finish more (Barao) and Dom is a master of the decision.

He didn't really look to finish (or necessarily even have the tools to get the finish) but he always kept a pretty crazy pace and I thought he was interesting to watch. Finishes don't mean a lot to me, lots of fights that got to decision are great.

If he returns he'll probably be #2 in the division for a while, I don't think any version of Cruz beats Barao.

Barao wins in athleticism and creativity.
Cruz wins in technical ability and game-planning.
Both have plenty in the gas tank and both have more tha enough ring experience to not get caught up in the lights and hype of it all.

I would love to see the two of them go 5 rounds and I could easily see it being fight of the year, or decade for that matter.

The only potential letdown here would be Cruz not being able to overcome ring rust, or, terrible if it happens......re-injury.

Great fighter, but I'd pick Barao over healthy Cruz tbh (sick fight though). I wonder when we're going to see Cruz back in the octagon.

This is the only place we disagree my friend. Healthy Cruz out works barao to a ud. Depending in how he looks when he comes back, barao is gonna have his toughest fight so far in the UFC.

He didn't really look to finish (or necessarily even have the tools to get the finish) but he always kept a pretty crazy pace and I thought he was interesting to watch. Finishes don't mean a lot to me, lots of fights that got to decision are great.

Agreed. Cruz's fights are way more re-watchable than GSP's.

Decisions and finishes by themselves mean nothing.

Mir/Cro Cop ended in a finish and KZ/Garcia I went to a decision.

Its all about the fighters involved that determines excitement, and although I enjoy Cruz's fights its often his opponent who is the X factor. Cruz never offers a different outcome than UD and that to me gets old in the same way GSP did although both are fantastic fighters.

Dom has always been one of my favorites BW GOAT. Cruz vs Barao is a super fight to me.

Hope he gets a fight booked real soon. Could see an Assuncao match up.

Agreed. Both guys are elite and either guy can win. Might even be trilogy material which would be great for the division.

whats crazy about the MM fight was that he was outstriking him and broke his hand very early in the fight. then he didnt say a word, just switched gameplans and ragdolled him for the rest of the fight

he didnt even mention it until he was scheduling a surgery to fix it

Huge Cruz fan here, can't wait for him to come back.

But I am quite afraid of Barao. The only thing that could make this injury situation worse is if Cruz returned to fight him straight away.

Cruz had to be at one point the fastest white fighter in MMA.

And technical too, unlike Guida who just threw his hands everywhere with his hair that made him "such a fan favourite"

Of all the fighters in all the world how on earth did you come up with Keith Jardine??

herky jerky that is all lol. cruz is like an extremely talented jardine actually a decent comparison

Cruz is the man. His combinations and footwork are crazy, he's so good everywhere and blends everything together

Ya you can't compare him to GSP. He fought at a fast pace and I thought he had a fun style to watch. GSP will either jab a guy for 25 mins or lay on them, no comparison

Back