Rumored Holly Holm vs. Norma Dumont new Main Event for UFC Fight Night 195

Dumont clearly better looking than Tate. Come at me, Sherbros!

#2 at women's BW is not even top 15 at LW in terms of skill and ability. Come on man, if you like the fight great, but there's no need to sugarcoat the actual matchup like that.

Not sugarcoating anything. I believe Holly Holm has worked very hard during her lifetime in combat sports. Has a very substantial fanbase and has EARNED the right to headline cards.

This should be the prelim headliner or first fight on a free main card. No reason for this to be a main event

The card on paper was pretty blah anyway. Not upset I'll be out of town that weekend and miss it

Way better than the Miesha fight.

Should be a fun one. Dumont's best chances will come early, but she's not really skilled enough on the feet to put Holly away. Dumont also slows and gasses.

Should be an easy one for Holly outside of the first round. 49-46 at worst. Maybe even a straight 50-45.

Not sugarcoating anything. I believe Holly Holm has worked very hard during her lifetime in combat sports. Has a very substantial fanbase and has EARNED the right to headline cards.
She's certainly worked hard, or else her fighting style wouldn't work at all. But working hard isn't the same as deserving to headline a fight night card that already is pretty middling, to be charitable. And again, that's not her fault, that's on a promoter. They are the ones who are supposed o make and sell a product that people think is worth buying/tuning in to.

I do think Holly still has some pull with the public from Ronda, but I think it's almost gone at this point given her not great run since, combined with some miserable fights as well.

She's certainly worked hard, or else her fighting style wouldn't work at all. But working hard isn't the same as deserving to headline a fight night card.

So what the requirements for being deserving?

Apparently having a huge fanbase, being highly ranked, a winning streak over top contenders and being a former Champion don’t make one deserving. What more does she need to do?

So what the requirements for being deserving?

Apparently having a huge fanbase, being highly ranked, a winning streak over top contenders and being a former Champion don’t make one deserving. What more does she need to do?
If the overall card is as poor as this fight night's, I'd say a guaranteed action matchup involving top 15 fighters in a good division (aka not top 15 HWs for the love of God), or a title eliminator. I'm fine with lower standards when the card is stronger as well, but I don't think anyone is going to argue this card is particularly good top to bottom.

I wouldn't want to see Weidman headlining a fight night card and he is vastly more deserving in that sense than Holm. And come on, a 2 fight win streak over forgettable top 15 fighters in the 2nd worst UFC division is nothing to write home about. Blame the UFC for doing such a shit job of promoting and filling out women's BW post-Ronda.

You guys are acting like tate vs viera was such a loss lol swapped dogshit for dogshit what's the difference?

Pretty sure you can get two ranked fighters in a decent matchup on a weeks notice if you throw some cash at the problem. Or like I said, just book a stronger event in advance.

there also covid protocols to follow fighters might have trouble traveling or nbot be able to make weight in that short.

it not as simple as calling jorge and saying will you fight leon on 2 weeks notice at 170 pounds.

there also covid protocols to follow fighters might have trouble traveling or nbot be able to make weight in that short.

it not as simple as calling jorge and saying will you fight leon on 2 weeks notice at 170 pounds.
That's what catchweights are for. It's not a bullet proof solution but clearly a situation that money can fix. Not to mention I'm unaware of any stateside protocols for vegas

That's what catchweights are for. It's not a bullet proof solution but clearly a situation that money can fix. Not to mention I'm unaware of any stateside protocols for vegas

what if the fighter called is from overseas an cant travel. notice how hard it was for dan hooker to get to vegas.

what if the fighter called is from overseas an cant travel. notice how hard it was for dan hooker to get to vegas.
Yeah, if only the bulk of the UFC's roster was not stateside. I forgot, all of the UFC's ranked fighters are in places like New Zealand.

Back