Rumored Holly Holm vs. Norma Dumont new Main Event for UFC Fight Night 195

Are you anti-WMMA?
Nah. Holm/Dumont is on the cusp of what I consider an acceptable fight night quality headliner. It would need a strong main card to sell me (instead of a main, like 2 or 3 co-main level fights). And while to each their own as far as fighter tastes, I Think Holm is a particularly dreadful fighter to watch, especially at this stage of her career.

Which is to say the card over all is pretty weak in my book, hence I don't think Holm/Dumont is a worthy headliner. Which isn't their fault, it's the promotions job to maintain card quality.

Book a stronger card in advance so you have a backup. Or pay 2 decent fighters an extra 100 grand or something to step in on short notice.

Ya know, the UFC could not be cheap (I know, big ask of a company but you asked).

it a fight night event. there are still covid and travel rules and all. who are these 2 decent fighters who willing to take the risk on 2 weeks notice.

did you kill the ufc when tate was the main event?

who are these 2 decent fighters who willing to take the risk on 2 weeks notice.
Pretty sure you can get two ranked fighters in a decent matchup on a weeks notice if you throw some cash at the problem. Or like I said, just book a stronger event in advance.

What weight class? Hopefully not 145. Can Dumont even make 135?

Weak main event, weak card. This is the price we pay for the banger ppv cards coming up. For the WMMA shills acting like this is a decent main event, the equivalent in men’s mma would be something like Anthony Pettis vs. Fares Ziam headlining a card. A former champion that’s alternated wins and losses for years versus a 2-1 nobody. That fight too would be seen as a terrible main event.

Yes Bellator

Indeed. Should be very good.

Bellator-268.jpg

What weight class? Hopefully not 145. Can Dumont even make 135?
99% certain it's at 145lbs.
Dana White talked about this fight on an interview a few days ago and said it's at Featherweight.

UFC knows that Holm will win that fight. and White actually *implied* that..

the equivalent in men’s mma would be something like Anthony Pettis vs. Fares Ziam headlining a card. A former champion that’s alternated wins and losses for years versus a 2-1 nobody. That fight too would be seen as a terrible main event.

Holly is ranked #2 in the division and #8 P4P. Pettis wasn't even top ten went he left.

Holly is ranked #2 in the division and #8 P4P. Pettis wasn't even top ten went he left.

Well there is no exact equivalent but you get the idea. Pettis was still top 15 when he left. Holm is #2 because the division is weak and this isn’t even in that division, it’s in an even weaker one. She is also 4-5 since holding the title. This is a weak main event, it being females isn’t the reason. It’s ok to admit it.

#2 at women's BW is not even top 15 at LW in terms of skill and ability. Come on man, if you like the fight great, but there's no need to sugarcoat the actual matchup like that.

Back