Rumored Holly Holm vs. Norma Dumont new Main Event for UFC Fight Night 195

I am not sure. They basically switched one wmma fight with another. We need a wmma expert here to tell if this is indeed a step down.
It's a lateral move.

Tate/Vieira was already a questionable main event now they topped it. At least Ketlen’s a killer and ranked.

Now they moved up a fight in a joke of a division with a 6-1 grinder vs Ish Ish Ish?

<{clintugh}>

What would you expect? Felipe vs Arlovski? Homer Kennedy Simpson vs Jung ?

I'll take ish ish as bigger fight than those.

so what else can the ufc do on weeks notice after tate got covid.
Book a stronger card in advance so you have a backup. Or pay 2 decent fighters an extra 100 grand or something to step in on short notice.

Ya know, the UFC could not be cheap (I know, big ask of a company but you asked).

Now ...I do like Holly Holm as a person, she is a good woman, very amiable and likeable, she works really hard, she is always pleasant and sweet & genuine.

But in her entire 6.5years in the UFC, she has had ONE exciting fight : The Rousey fight.
Every other fight is an exercise in timidity and "stay out of range, don't lose, don't lose, don't lose, punch & kick the air again and again".

So...as far as I'm concerned, no Holy Holm fight should ever be co-main or Main as her fights are FAR TOO DULL.

Book a stronger card in advance so you have a backup. Or pay 2 decent fighters an extra 100 grand or something to step in on short notice.

Ya know, the UFC could not be cheap (I know, big ask of a company but you asked).

Are you anti-WMMA?

Good. Holly moves the needle, in more ways than one.

Back