Holly Holm shattered thumb in first round of Valentina fight

If any thread deserved BREAKING then its this one. For shame TS, for shame.

So she broke it at fight night but we are only just finding out about it now? Its takes this long to diagnose a broken thumb?

what you say makes no sense, you make it sound as if a diagnosis means automatic tweet immediately to public about said injury

I mean come on, if she really did "shatter" her thumb in the first round of the fight, we would have known about it pretty soon afterwards. They would have used it to justify the loss.

We knew about Joanna's by like the monday
more bullshit.

That's probably exactly why Holly didn't say anything after the fight, the girl's a warrior - she wouldn't have wanted it to be taken as an excuse.

I mean, Dana's still calling her dumb for not sitting back and waiting for a big money fight against Ronda in a rematch. Holly's a warrior though, she wanted to actively fight, instead of hold out for cash.

Give props where props is due. She fought, she lost, she suffered an injury in the fight. That's it. Stop reaching with bottlenecked logic.

Its a joke kiddo.
Learn to recognize that buddeh and sit down, shut up and think with your fucking head.
While i do realize his reaction was over the top. I would recommend that in the future when you tell a joke. At least make it funny.

Here in Albuquerque and especially her home town of Los Lunas/Bosque Farms, we don't break, our fingers, limbs and hearts do, but we have no quit in us. It's just who we are as a people and part of our culture of, "But let me ask you this, can you kick my ass?"

Pretty crazy how she's had five octagon appearances, she shined in one (REALLY shined) and did a "meh" job in the other four.

Good thing Shevchenko didn't try to thumb war her.

When did you see a TKO via broken hand? The answer is never

BrianBowles_Headshot.png

Although this was already two weeks ago, you can still call it breaking.

It's funny how many b.s. conclusions flood this forum before PED results and surgeries.

Lesnar was a monster...
Holm was a one-hit wonder...

Lmaoooooo.

What a warrior! Excuses except for rousey!

Rousey said she got caught in 1st Rd and ppl laughed and showed head kick. Every woman fighter gets excuses but her.

Holm is buster Douglas.

Agreed. Ronda doesn't need excuses. Shes the best of all time when it comes to female mma. She acknowledged she embarrassed herself in how she lost and moved on. Holly, "a real fighter" lol, immediately made excuses and demanded a rematch with Miesha because she was winning before she lost. Now the shattered thumb excuse. Holly never had the mentality of a champion and neither did Miesha and that's why they both couldn't defend the title.

She's not the type to make excuses. She takes her licks and moves on. Her manager is the one that came out with the news.

Her manager works for her. He's her mouthpiece. Holly made excuses after the Miesha fight as well. It's part of her personality.

Kim Couture had her jaw broke in the first round and I didnt hear one word about it.. Holm breaks her thumb and its game over???

Back