Holly Holm shattered thumb in first round of Valentina fight

Time stamp 5:26 pay attention to when Holly uses her left hand to grab at her tank top, thumb can be seen clearly and doesn't appear to be excessively swollen around the thumb or the base/palm of her hand.

I am not a medical expert but severe bone breaks usually also include major swelling around the site of the break ...

Notice that she's not actually using her thumb at all, which is weird considering what she's doing and how people normally use thumbs for just about everything.

A clean fracture also has little swelling.

The only thing off here IMO is using the term "shattered". Shattered implies many many bone fragments. Seems more like a basic fracture to me.

I just tried googling UFC on Fox 20 Medical Suspensions and there are literally zero returns that match?? Same thing when I search Holly Holm medical suspension, I only get results for UFC 196, nothing for UFC on Fox 20 ...

What is up with that?

Very strange indeed. I just looked at the results from the card and there should be a couple medical suspensions from the guys who got TKO'd, but there's nothing. Searched some more and there's nothing for Bojan Mihajlović or Frankie Saenz, and there should be since both of them got knocked out. I don't get it at all.

Very strange indeed. I just looked at the results from the card and there should be a couple medical suspensions from the guys who got TKO'd, but there's nothing. Searched some more and there's nothing for Bojan Mihajlović or Frankie Saenz, and there should be since both of them got knocked out. I don't get it at all.

It's especially strange since I have found all the medical suspensions for the 3 fight cards( International fight week) before UFC on Fox 20, and for UFC 201 ... And now Lenny Fresquez pops up weeks after the fight saying that Holly shattered her thumb in the first round, even though both of her hands appear perfectly normal and damage free at the post fight press conference ... beyond strange really.

17n1rixen46ibjpg.jpg
U always tuck the thumb in fist for better aerodynamics and more speed

Broken thumb or no, Valentina would've spanked that ass regardless.

That explains why she kept punching air all night

U always tuck the thumb in fist for better aerodynamics and more speed
Plus you get that extra "Umph" behind the knuckles, as if you were holding a roll of quarters.

Broken...completely shattered...broken in two...its gone, thumb is completely gone

lol like a shattered thumb will make much of an impact on your performance...
If anything it improves it, the dynamics of the fist with a shattered thumb are much more aerodynamic, faster and more accurate

Shouldve cruised to a decision win AT LEAST, once that thing broke

Roy Jones went 12 rounds with Bernard Hopkins with a broken hand and ended up winning on points.

Excuses are for the weak.

Otherwise she would've KOd Valentina Stiff.

Why does sticking your weiner in vaginas and having babies make you a piece of shit? Having children with multiple women doesn't make you a piece of shit. Accidents do happen you know.

not sure if srs

her hand bone broke, if it broke, either because of imperfect punching technique or a weak anatomy of the hand. either of those two points show her flaw as a fighter and Valentina's demonstrated superiority over her still stands.

Besides, Holm always has excuses from her camp.

Remember when she was squeaking by journeywomen in her run to the title?

apparently she was doing just enough to beat them so the UFC brass would give her a titleshot because if she destroyed them they would protect Ronda from her. That didn't make anyone roll their eyes?

Jackson and Winlejon are smart dudes. They understand how important it is to protect the aura of a fighter to intimidate future opponents.

They spread rumors that Jones only trained 50% for Gustafsson, for example, so he could keep his aura after the world saw him bleed.

Wait? She threw a punch that fight?

Back