Holly Holm shattered thumb in first round of Valentina fight

Timetravel_0

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
This had to have some effect on her performance.

http://www.koat.com/news/holly-holm-has-surgery-to-repair-shattered-thumb/41045578

"
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —Albuquerque's Holly Holm won't be punching anything for a while, at least, not with her left hand.
http://www.koat.com/news/shevchenko-defeats-holm-in-ufc-fight-night-chicago/40855384
"The Preacher's Daughter" had surgery to repair her thumb on her left hand.

According to Holm's promoter Lenny Fresquez, the injury happened in the first round of her unanimous decision loss against UFC Bantamweight Valentina Shevchenko.

"Her thumb was completely shattered, completely broken in half," Fresquez said. "She has some pins in her hand right now and she'll be back in six weeks to start training."

Despite breaking her thumb, Fresquez said the plan is still to have Holm fight one more time by the end of 2016.

After winning the UFC Bantamweight title, Holm (10-2) lost back-to-back fights for the first time in her MMA career."

Wow. Tough woman for carrying on with that. Much hespect.

I guess that's why it was literally a sparring match. Almost fell asleep

17n1rixen46ibjpg.jpg

She probably went to jones for advice when she got back to NM. Ya know cause he's used to dealing with so much adversity. Jon Prob knew exactly what to do. Break hollys thumb. Bam, he immediately advises she say this happened in 1st round. And badabing bada boom holly has the perfect excuse. Idk about you guys but I think hollys back on top. Thanks to Jon

Shevchenko embarrassed her, the thumb just makes it seem worse. Still a Holly fan though so I hope she keeps up the work rate and gets things back in the win column later this year.

She probably went to Jones or advice when she got back to NM. Ya know cause he's used to dealing with so much adversity. Jon Prob knew exactly what to do. Break hollys thumb. Bam, he immediately advises she say this happened in 1st round. And badabing nada boom holly has the perfect excuse. Idk about you guys but I think hollys back on top. Thanks to Jon

What kind of dumbass fairytale world do you live in?

This has to be the stupidest indirect Jon Jones hate post I've seen in a while

AND NOW HEALTHY THUMB HOLLY HOLM IS BORN.

What kind of dumbass fairytale world do you live in?

This has to be the stupidest indirect Jon Jones hate post I've seen in a while

Maybe Jon IS a piece of shit, but I always say, the people that live on this forum to full time hate on him are cut from same cloth.

This explains everything

Not really but it def had an impact

Major props to Holly for doing 20+ minutes of fighting with broken thumb :)

I would expect nothing less from Holm. That woman has the heart of a lion.

She even grappled in later rounds and looked fine. As a Holm fan I just wish Fresquez bit his tongue.

Sober diaz
Full camp mendes
Sea level cain
Prime fedor
No cocaine jones
Healthy thumb holm
Pre dumbasstic violence ronda

Back