Holly Holm shattered thumb in first round of Valentina fight

Serves her right. She opened her round trying to kick Valentinas knees in. Had height and weight advantage and still tried to be cheap. Overrated.

AND NOW HEALTHY THUMB HOLLY HOLM IS BORN.
I find it sad that nerds like you who have obviously never won a fight, or maybe even been in a fight are so quick to ridicule the fighters that put it all on the line for their goals of victory while at the same time providing entertainment for "real fans"... which by definition counts you out.

So she broke it at fight night but we are only just finding out about it now? Its takes this long to diagnose a broken thumb?

Or, she broke her thumb the other day so theyve decided to blame her title loss on it..

They could at least have been convincing and said third round, or fourth round.. but first round? ok....

Last edited:
If true, it puts her up there with Faber in terms of toughing it out.

I mean come on, if she really did "shatter" her thumb in the first round of the fight, we would have known about it pretty soon afterwards. They would have used it to justify the loss.

We knew about Joanna's by like the monday

I find it sad that nerds like you who have obviously never won a fight, or maybe even been in a fight are so quick to ridicule the fighters that put it all on the line for their goals of victory while at the same time providing entertainment for "real fans"... which by definition counts you out.
Its a joke kiddo.
Learn to recognize that buddeh and sit down, shut up and think with your fucking head.

This had to have some effect on her performance.

http://www.koat.com/news/holly-holm-has-surgery-to-repair-shattered-thumb/41045578

"
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —Albuquerque's Holly Holm won't be punching anything for a while, at least, not with her left hand.
"The Preacher's Daughter" had surgery to repair her thumb on her left hand.

According to Holm's promoter Lenny Fresquez, the injury happened in the first round of her unanimous decision loss against UFC Bantamweight Valentina Shevchenko.

"Her thumb was completely shattered, completely broken in half," Fresquez said. "She has some pins in her hand right now and she'll be back in six weeks to start training."

Despite breaking her thumb, Fresquez said the plan is still to have Holm fight one more time by the end of 2016.

After winning the UFC Bantamweight title, Holm (10-2) lost back-to-back fights for the first time in her MMA career."

I'd like to see the official medical suspension for that .. I know those come out soon after the fight, and I don't recall any news about Holly being injured. I don't trust that Leny Fresquez's word alone ...

I'd like to see the official medical suspension for that .. I know those come out soon after the fight, and I don't recall any news about Holly being injured. I don't trust that Leny Fresquez's word alone ...
Has a used car salesmen look to him.

So she broke it at UFC 200 but we are only just finding out about it now? Its takes a month to diagnose a broken thumb?

Or, she broke her thumb the other day so theyve decided to blame her title loss on it..

They could at least have been convincing and said third round, or fourth round.. but first round? ok....

Yeah, that is why I am asking about medical suspensions after the fight. If there is even a shred of truth to what this manager is saying, I do not believe it would have taken this long to hear about it, most especially because of the severity of the injury, according to the way Fresquez is describing it as both shattered and completely broken in half.

If that really happened in the 1st round, I feel like we as viewers would have noticed it, and Holly would have mentioned in the post fight presser ... and she didn't. I can't imagine anyone with a shattered or broken in half bone of any kind would be sitting at a press table post fight and NOT bring that up if you want to keep it really real .... imo

Do you want to see a direct Jon Jones hate post?

Fine, here it goes.

Jon Jones is a piece of shit, this is why:
  1. Life-long PEDs Abuse
  2. Children with multiple women
  3. Junkie
  4. Endangers lives on the road, left behind an injured pregnant woman because he ran like a bitch
  5. Cheats in the cage beyond taking PEDs. Eyepokes excessively and intentionally.
  6. Pathological liar
  7. Fake fuck with a hideous and disgusting personality
Just an all-around piece of shit and a shit stain on the sport.

You took all that time just to hate on someone that you don't even know. You're an idiot and a hater. Most likely why you will not be very successful in life

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back