• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Holloway/Porier- So tough to call

nick jacoby

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
When you first think about it.. It feels like. Oh... Max has got this. He's one of the GOATS. He's on a roll, he has looked unbeatable lately, his pressure is insane... And he's the better fighter. He deserves all the hype. He is amazing to watch.

BUT

Porier has never been stopped due to pressue or being overwhelmed by a constant barrage of strikes. Thats how Max fights obviously... But Porier , In fact, has flourished in those type of fights. He beat Eddie and Gaethje in absolute wars.... And both those dudes are tough as they come He has gotten flash koed by Conor and knocked down and stopped by a lightning fast Michael Johnson. Legit stoppages but ... Will Max pack that 1 punch KO power now that he's cutting less weight?

And Max hasn't fought anyone with the pressure, cardio, and durability that Porier has shown lately.
Who will take a step backwards in this one?

This fight is bananas. Holloway by TKO Round 4

My gut is telling me that Max is too fast and just better, but it'll be a fun one for sure.

cant wait for the fight

I love those fights when you dont know whats gonna happen

Has that Conor and Khabib feel to it. Minus the incels on sherdog the real people actually were not sure if Conor can catch him or Khabib will maul him. Turned out that Khabib cought him, mauled him, slapped him, GNP him and chocked him

I have a feeling Dustin will invite Max into the LW sparta by some brutal treatment which will make Max think twice about coming to LW

Max is a great dude though, so he will love LW massacres.

I think Max has got this. His striking and fight IQ is straight up better than Poirer's and I don't think Dustin will keep his cool after eating a few 1-2's.

No it's not lol, Dustin lost that 'It Factor' when he was Ko'd by MJ

I just rewatched the Max vs Ortega fight and to be honest it changed my mind a bit. I didn't think Dustin had a chance going into this but after seeing how many times Max got tagged, I smell and upset coming. Either way I am stoked for this fight, I like both guys and think they are the kind of guys who could fight a dozen times and it would never be boring.

Have a feeling Poirier is winning this one.

My question is - What happens if this ends up as a Draw? Do they just schedule a rematch? lol

We need the diamond to win.

Silence these doubters Dustin. Save me.

Even I (Poirier fan), don't agree with ts. I'm having a very hard time seeing how Dustin can win, I hope he surprises us.

And Max hasn't fought anyone with the pressure, cardio, and durability that Porier has shown lately.
Yea, Max hasn't scorched Aldo twice, turned Ortega in a walking punching bag and beat a murderer's row.

He has never faced a gatekeeper like Poirier..

<YeahOKJen>

feel like a lot of people are sleeping on Poirier here.

Max is great, but so is Dustin.

If Holloway wins, I think it goes the distance. Just can't see Poirier giving up or getting caught with a big shot.

I got Dustin. This should be a great one.

I got max as a +150 dog vs Ortega... where was all this hype back then? Theres definitely recency bias here and people are sleeping on Porier big time. Poirier's pace is just as good as Max's imo, and he carries knockout power into the later rounds. Not to mention, he also trains with Colby, who arguably has the highest output in the UFC. This fight should be around a pickem. Kicking myself that I didn't get in on Poirier when he was a +220 dog. Think hes sitting closer to +175 now.

Love both guys. I wanna bet on Dustin but cant bring myself to do it because I think its such a close fight

Poirer has the boxing to make this interesting for the first couple rounds, after that it’s all max.

He ups his pressure and volume as the fight goes on, as well as starts to taunt and drop his hands to shake you up mentally when you are tired and he is not. He is a completely different beast from rd 1 to round 5.

I do think poirer is one of the best boxers in the ufc right now; great speed, power, combinations, head movement, accuracy and poise in the pocket. He would have to finish it early tho IMO, no later than early 3rd round or he loses this fight.

when you factor in the move up in weight and the previous fight it's extremely hard to predict this one
Dustin has been acting like a man possessed for a while now but I believe it's possible that Max could be even better at 155 which is a scary thought

5 round war, Max by dec.

Back