Hold up this is the person who could beat Floyd Mayweather Jr in a fight?

I think he would beat her very quickly and she wouldn't have a chance to get it to the ground. People actually think that she would get an instant takedown without getting tagged? I don't.

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

Is this a joke?

ANto2ez.png

Fxws9D1.png

Floyd...Who taught you the letters on the keyboard?

I dont gamble but if I was forced to bet a large sum on one of them I honestly think I'd put it on Ronda. How does she NOT take this to the ground immediately?
In her other fights she had to exchange a little to set up the takedown. She wouldn't have to against Floyd because he has n takedown defense what so ever.

You seen that gif of Ronda defending jabs from a once in a generation level boxer? Upper cuts? Hooks? Crosses?

No? I bet she looks great doing those things.

Oh wait... we already know she doesn't.

Sure, but all of those people tossing bombs at her are also skilled grapplers so she has to take into consideration not diving into a sloppy grappling exchange where she would lose position.

What's crazy is, that's the sped up version. People laud her advancing striking skills in her more recent fights. Boy she gets lit up though. She got hit a few times by Correia, McMann and Tate. Those are 135 pound girls with bad striking finding her face. An elite generational boxer will have her seeing stars and tweety birds.

Because she'd stand and trade with him?

That's true enough, there are many factors that can influence the outcome of a fight, and they won't necessarily repeat themselves in a different fight between the same two combatants.

One thing for sure is that in the context of controlling an isolated opponent without hurting him (though you could), grappling is better.

Another thing for sure is that Ronda vs. Floyd will never happen, which I find funny seeing as how Ronda claims she won't do it because she "doesn't want to enable violence against women" yet still is talking all about Floyd.

Also Ronda's boxing is probably about as bad as Floyd's grappling.

Grappling is more naturally instinctive with our species when it comes to one defending his or herself. Like our knuckles for example are not meant to strike the head of another man because it would break. Same with one's foot and even shin when throwing a kick.

But the risk of getting hit while trying to go for a takedown is still there.

Who tried to box with him. The best example is that weakling Royce against that faster, stronger, and far superior boxer with zero grappling experience.

Since when was throwing a leg kick apart of boxing?

That weakling also happened to be a man, who even now would spin Rousey on her head.

Even she acknowledged that Floyd would destroy her in boxing.

Why are you saying that like she should be commended for her honesty? There are women half Rousey's age that would destroy her in boxing.

I dont gamble but if I was forced to bet a large sum on one of them I honestly think I'd put it on Ronda. How does she NOT take this to the ground immediately?
In her other fights she had to exchange a little to set up the takedown. She wouldn't have to against Floyd because he has n takedown defense what so ever.

She would have to dive in really low for a takwdown because she would be too scare to go for a clinch or even a double leg.

She said it herself that she would do the monkey style from Bloodsport if she were to fight him.

Yet Mayweather is faster than her and he is a man. Just her taking him down from a low pick and attempting a submission would require lots more energy even she gets punch while on the ground.

And for her to do a low dive she has to catch him which in itself would require work.

What is wrong with you people?, ofc she would beat him, he's boxer, she's real mma fighter, she would Judo throw him down and KO him within 15 seconds.

uh huh and how exactly would she close the distance on him without being clocked upside the head? this discussion is ridiculous

Well, nobody said she would beat him in boxing. Even she acknowledged that Floyd would destroy her in boxing. She said she would beat him in 'a real fight,' which is MMA, where you can do everything.

Floyd wouldn't be able to stop her TD's and once the fight hits the mat, he'd be done in seconds. Floyd has a puncher's chance against Ronda in MMA and that's it. Other than that, he would get tossed and submitted with ease and I don't see Floyd being able to keep the fight standing for very long at all, even if he's had a few months of MMA training, he wouldn't be able to stop her grappling whatsoever.

He wouldnt be able to stop her, no. But he wouldnt have to, because unless she teleports on top of his back she will get KOed on the way in. He is too fast and accurate.
Stupid discussion either way and I dont know why I keep commenting on it since it always enters a bunch of these "armbar 30 secs" fan girls. But I guess people trying to compare an all time great athlete with Ronda just rustles me deeply (and mind you, I was hoping Pac would KO Floyd). Sorry

Im a white person, and I have followed Floyd since he came into boxing. As a young man he was vicious and had nasty knock outs. Ronda isnt even an ametuer when it comes to boxing. Floyd even at his current age, still have excellent hand speed and quickness. Its easy for me to see floyd knocking out ronda within 30 seconds of an exchange.

Floyd may have cherry picked his competition, but there is a reason he has remained unbeaten over his long career, dude is an exceptional boxer. He beats rondas ass 10 out of 10 times.

...so many delusional, kool-aid drinkin' posters in here who think that 'golden girl' Ronda would find success against one of boxing's p4p best in Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

Beating up former accountants and soccer moms looks impressive on highlight reels, but let's get real for a moment: Those ladies were tagging dat face without much trouble! She charges in, face first, every time. I tell you -- if she were to do that against the bigger, faster, stronger, and oh so much more skilled Floyd Mayweather -- she'd get the G.I. Jane knocked out of her in 6 seconds, flat.

It's cute that women want to take part in combat sports, but this notion of her beating one of boxing's greatest is laugh-out-loud nonsense, even for Sherdog. :icon_lol:

Im a white person, and I have followed Floyd since he came into boxing. As a young man he was vicious and had nasty knock outs. Ronda isnt even an ametuer when it comes to boxing. Floyd even at his current age, still have excellent hand speed and quickness. Its easy for me to see floyd knocking out ronda within 30 seconds of an exchange.

Floyd may have cherry picked his competition, but there is a reason he has remained unbeaten over his long career, dude is an exceptional boxer. He beats rondas ass 10 out of 10 times.

the hell? lol

Well I don't think that many people believe that Rousey would beat Floyd in a boxing match. Maybe she could hurt him standing like she did to Bethe if he worries about the takedown, but she probably wouldn't knock him out.
Floyd basically has to K.O. her in 5-10 seconds before Rousey gets the clinch, not impossible but Rousey should pretty obviously be the favorite.

It's hard to say really lol if she gets a hold of him she will toss his ass but I think he can keep the distance with foot work long enough to crack her.

well i don't think that many people believe that rousey would beat floyd in a boxing match. maybe she could hurt him standing like she did to bethe if he worries about the takedown, but she probably wouldn't knock him out.
Floyd basically has to k.o. Her in 5-10 seconds before rousey gets the clinch, not impossible but rousey should pretty obviously be the favorite.
ahahahahahaahahaha

Back