Hip Replacement at 39

Wasn't me with the AIDS it was clippy.

I have syphilis meninvagintas.

Why go to a DR. When i can go to Mayberry?

Buncha PhDs in here

If you're looking for medical advice from a Ph D, that's another problem.

I had a similar problem and thought it was a high groin strain. They eventually figured out i had a small labral tear in my hip. Went to PT three times, but i'm pretty active so it kept flaring up when i would start to go harder. Making plans to consult a surgeon. Your situation sounds similar. See the Doctor soon as you can. At this point its been over two years for me and it's driving me fucking crazy. It's boring not being able to be as active as i was, and i'm not getting any younger.

It's a pain in the ass for me to go to a doctor. I have to go all the way up to the VA 30 miles away.

So what happened is a few weeks ago I started working out after a period of not working out, and going hard and not easing into it.

Now I have sharp pain in my lower left, upper thigh hip area. I guess the hip flexor. I can barely bring my knee up to my chest or climb stairs without sudden sharp pains. Or when I twist my legs when walking like getting out of a car.

Is it just a strain or tear and wait for it to heal? Been like this for 2 weeks now.
This is how I see injuries in older people, like older than say 25 all the time. People's bodies are adapted to sitting in an office and they come back to the gym and try to deadlift or squat, bam discs in the back fucked up.

Ya gotta take it slow and let your tendons, ligaments, bones, and other supporting structures/ muscles become stronger so that a weak part of the chain doesn't make shit snap. IF you haven't been to the gym in forever, it's likely that your back muscles can lift 300 lbs but you have a smaller muscle in the chain that can not -- or you have a tendon that can not handle that load -- and them bam goes your back.

So i previously made a thread about "Sharp hip flexor pain.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/sharp-hip-flexor-pain.4021023/

Turned out I had Avascular Necrosis of my hip joint. Basically the ball that goes into the socket is dead.

They tried Core Decompression at the VA but it didn't work so now I gotta get a full on Hip replacement.

Anyone here an old fuck like me and had to get a hip replacement? Man it sucks Cuz I'm only 39 and don't these things have to be replaced every 15 years or something?

Asking cuz Sherdog>Actual Surgeons.

I bet there are plenty of sherdoggers who would be more than happy to massage your groin.
<NewGina>

Shit dude I feel for you, my body is way older than my years unfortunately but I haven't had any major surgeries as yet.

At least your young enough to get through it pretty quick, you should be able to adjust in no time. How long do you have to wait for the op?

Shit dude I feel for you, my body is way older than my years unfortunately but I haven't had any major surgeries as yet.

At least your young enough to get through it pretty quick, you should be able to adjust in no time. How long do you have to wait for the op?
Not sure did my follow up MRI today at the VA after my core decompression surgery now I gotta wait for the osteo surgeon to call and tell me what's up

I’m assuming your hip problems started after giving birth?

I’m assuming your hip problems started after giving birth?

eyJpdSI6ImJiMGI5MWIzOTY5MTk5OTBhNjc1YjM5NjIwMDY5NDQwOTAzNzBhYmRkN2YyMDAxZGVmN2JiMjA3ZDY0NmIxMjgiLCJ3IjoyMTAsImgiOjE0MCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6MH0.jpg

Not sure did my follow up MRI today at the VA after my core decompression surgery now I gotta wait for the osteo surgeon to call and tell me what's up
Good luck with it man, this song is for you, probably where the hip problems started

Just make sure to ask for adamantium bones, bro.

That sucks to read man. Get a cane and a fur coat and start pimpin ho’s

My wife just told me her boss just had hip replacement surgery (He's in his late 70's) and he said it was a breeze. He was only out of work for a total of 2 days. Hope yours goes as well, sorry you've got this issue at your age.

You have an excuse to not go to anything you don’t want from now until forever.

“Hip is acting up”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back