Hip Replacement at 39

Get a 2nd 3rd and 4th opinion before you get a damn hip replacement at your age.

So i previously made a thread about "Sharp hip flexor pain.

Turned out I had Avascular Necrosis of my hip joint. Basically the ball that goes into the socket is dead.
I read through the thread here. What is your height/weight? You also mention alcohol, so I guess that means alot. First, hip replacement these days is fast, easy and relatively painless. Second, these crises are a wake-up call to adjust your lifestyle. You can be a much better version of yourself in the future if you want

Last edited:
My hip sometimes feels discomfort, usually sitting or lying on it. I'm worried it's because of insufficient blood flow or like what Bo Jackson had when the guy tackled him in football. I've been taking glucosamine and trying not to sleep on that side.

Damn, that sucks. I just had my spine fused at 41

but when I get out....Fentanyl and morphine!! Woo.

Anyone ever had one of these surgeries? Hopefully I can still run after this. Am I stuck doing old people swimming from now on?

but when I get out....Fentanyl and morphine!! Woo.

Anyone ever had one of these surgeries? Hopefully I can still run after this. Am I stuck doing old people swimming from now on?
Never had a hip replacement, but had 2 hip labrum repairs. One at 23 and the other at 24. Good luck, dude! Is this your first big surgery?

lucky mofo

want some of that morphin and fentanyl

Hey do they gonna look at your dick while you're out cold? Paging, Dr. Gay. Hello. Yes you're needed in Bootyology. Are they slammed over there? Oh yes.

Hey do they gonna look at your dick while you're out cold? Paging, Dr. Gay. Hello. Yes you're needed in Bootyology. Are they slammed over there? Oh yes.
dude, its about 09:00 am in the US, put that bottle down !!

Never had a hip replacement, but had 2 hip labrum repairs. One at 23 and the other at 24. Good luck, dude! Is this your first big surgery?
Yup and I'm only 39. So I have to have a replacement again in 25 years. I'm in the OR Holding area

Yup and I'm only 39. So I have to have a replacement again in 25 years. I'm in the OR Holding area
Just be ready for waking up extremely disoriented, feeling nothing, and then the pain from the surgery suddenly starts setting in. That's how it was for me at least.

Whoa. The anathestiologist just said I can be awake during the operation. Fuck THAT

I said put me under

Good luck bro. I had some surgery a while back and even though I was shitting it, ultimately it was a fun experience. Waking up retarded and drooling with a hot nurse baby talking to me and then being pampered by hot nurses for a couple of days afterwards. Since then I've been wondering what other surgeries I could use

Everyone I know who had hip replacements surgery is doing fine, old dudes in their 70’s and the younger bucks that just wore their joints out lifting weights and playing the foozball.
Good luck and give us the post op report.

Back