• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HIGH ON LIFE by Justin Roiland (co-creator of Rick and Morty)

It's the first one I bought but I don't know how to use it.
You have to be at those special locations. The first one I saw was off to the left in the outskirts just before you enter Old Town (the desert planet). They are these purple glowing teepee-shaped spots. You run up to it, stand in it, and it will tell you what button to press. I'm not sure what it would be on controller.
OIF.vHRcZVXMp3tBaN7NMqiLow

I finished the game, loved it tbh. I don't need it to be long. I actually like that's it a linear game. I think it could have used some more puzzle elements and the hardest difficulty mode that I was playing wasn't as challenging as I would have liked. Overall love it!

I finished the game, loved it tbh. I don't need it to be long. I actually like that's it a linear game. I think it could have used some more puzzle elements and the hardest difficulty mode that I was playing wasn't as challenging as I would have liked. Overall love it!
The Skrendel Brothers were a decent fight on Hunter mode. Of course, I'd bought almost no upgrades. I don't understand games that don't award an achievement for beating the game on the hardest setting. It seems intuitive that should be a standard.

I've just beat 9-Torg and stabbed Gene.

I'm enjoying the aesthetic and I'm really enjoying the characters and dialogue so far.

Combat is a little bit basic but it isn't broken. I'm enjoying it.

This isn't a game that you dedicate your soul for. It's a game that you play when you just want to sit down, chill and have a laugh, and that is absolutely fine.

Thumbs up.

Have you bought the Movie Theater warp disc from the cook?

There's an entire showing of Demon Wind with three aliens in the theater's first row doing a Mystery Science Theater 3000 commentary for the whole thing. I watched the first 20 minutes or so. It was as funny as the best MST3000 commentaries.

It was funny because it was the Red Letter Media crew doing the commentary. They’re one or the funniest channels on YouTube.

So when you buy upgrades they just get automatically added to your suit or your weapon right?

So when you buy upgrades they just get automatically added to your suit or your weapon right?
Unless it's a gun mod. Then you have to go select it for the gun from the menu.

Gave up on Elden Ring and decided to check this out, got it for a buck through Game Pass Ultimate trial, Im barely at the 9-Torg boss battle and man am I loving it so far
The strong Oddworld vibes and the whole 90's wacky and weird games with bright colors and strange creatures, so much fun
The humor and dialogue is great, legit LOL'd out loud when I killed the little kid trying to block you from going into the sewers and then his mom gave me this little speech about him
Very much enjoying this

Gave up on Elden Ring and decided to check this out, got it for a buck through Game Pass Ultimate trial, Im barely at the 9-Torg boss battle and man am I loving it so far
The strong Oddworld vibes and the whole 90's wacky and weird games with bright colors and strange creatures, so much fun
The humor and dialogue is great, legit LOL'd out loud when I killed the little kid trying to block you from going into the sewers and then his mom gave me this little speech about him
Very much enjoying this

I didn't kill him, she told me she hates him and wouldn't mind it at all if I killed him lol.

Well, it had a nice run in the Xbox fan-voted website True Achievment's GOTY bracket. Finally lost to A Plague Tale: Requiem in the semifinals. I think it's a foregone conclusion that game will in turn be defeated by Elden Ring. In fact, I doubt any game will come as close to beating the latter as Vampire Survivors has. Apparently the surprise indie smash has become the most played game on the Steam Deck.

This is why GOTY ceremonies that announce their nominee lists nearly two whole months before the end of the year are fucking stupid (*cough* The Game Awards *cough*).
https://www.trueachievements.com/poll/52414/game-of-the-year-2022-final
game-of-the-year-2022-final.jpg

Well, it had a nice run in the Xbox fan-voted website True Achievment's GOTY bracket. Finally lost to A Plague Tale: Requiem in the semifinals. I think it's a foregone conclusion that game will in turn be defeated by Elden Ring. In fact, I doubt any game will come as close to beating the latter as Vampire Survivors has. Apparently the surprise indie smash has become the most played game on the Steam Deck.

This is why GOTY ceremonies that announce their nominee lists nearly two whole months before the end of the year are fucking stupid (*cough* The Game Awards *cough*).

Pentiment losing out to Cult of teh Lamb is dogshit imo.

Pentiment is straight up a masterpiece of RPG design.

I'm really loving this game but man is it glitchy on Xbone
I've had to reset the game several times because the screen stays black after I fall into the radioactive sludge river and I was just about to beat Krubis when he disappeared and never reappeared so I had to exit to main menu to get him back on the screen

I've had to reset the game several times because the screen stays black after I fall into the radioactive sludge river and I was just about to beat Krubis when he disappeared and never reappeared so I had to exit to main menu to get him back on the screen
You're playing an FPS on a 2013 console? With a controller? In 2023?

hqdefault.jpg

If you have Game Pass, you should play it on the cloud. It started out pretty good on last gen for me, but it did get a little sketchy after a while.

Just finished this. I'm going to explore a few worlds and see if there is any post-game adventure stuff soon. There really should be, to be honest.

It's amusing at worst, downright hilarious at best (the bear ripped in half was brilliant, same with the flute guy in the saloon). Can't complain about the script or how it looks or sounds or anything. You're the main character in a cartoon. The cartoon is very entertaining.

Gameplay is basic but solid. Creature was fun to use but I mainly stayed with using Kenny. It's smooth, there isn't really anything particularly frustrating about it, but really, it's just a means to an end to progress through the story. The boss battles are fantastic, hilarious and very imaginative. Really excels.

There just isn't enough of it. You get the guns as you go through the bounty and I believe that there are five gatleans, a knife (who really needed more dialogue), and seven bosses? I barely had time to really sink my teeth into Creature and Lezdoit..

So that's seven levels, in a game that is story driven, with zero side quests. It was fun, but far, far too brief.

I can't really recommend a purchase on this, unless the price is somewhere around £20. As a quick screw around on Game Pass? Absolutely.

Not to slag HOL but it's not like they had stiff competition leading up to the end.

Not to slag HOL but it's not like they had stiff competition leading up to the end.
True, but the only games that (would) beat it are Elden Ring, A Plague Tale: Requiem, Vampire Survivors, and maybe Pentiment or Cult of the Lamb. It isn't undeserving or out-of-place in the semifinals.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back