High Blood Pressure GTFIH

A lot of nurses and doctors probably don't measure blood pressure correctly. Not saying you don't have hypertension, but I've been misdiagnosed before and have seen nurses measuring bp incorrectly. You want to be sure of the diagnosis, as medications aren't completely without side effects.

You should have had no caffeine, nicotine, and no exercise prior in the day to the measurement. It's best to have the bp measured by an automated machine with the provider not in the room. Having someone else in the room with you or doing it manually artificially raises blood pressure. You should be sitting in a chair with your back supported, feet uncrossed and flat on ground, arm resting supported at heart level. Cuff needs to be the correct size for your arm. No talking during the measurement. Ideally, you should be resting by yourself for at least 5-10 minutes in the room prior to the measurement being made. You need 2 or 3 separate elevated office measurements following these rules prior to making the diagnosis of hypertension. Do you have a blood pressure cuff at home? You could also check it at home a few times a day following these general guidelines and keep a log.

Last time I was at the hospital they took my blood pressure and it was like 176/120. They wouldnt let me leave and put me in acute care.

Havent had it checked since. Prolly about to die
I'm happy to see someone else had a reading similar to mine. Last time I went to see my doctor a couple weeks ago my blood pressure read 178/117.

I was like wtf. Wasn't really nervous or anything. My doctor was surprised at how high it it was but didn't seem that worried. She assumed I was nervous but I told her I really wasn't.

Only thing she did was she told me to check my blood pressure 2 times a week at a pharmacy. Do that for 3 weeks and if the average is higher than 140 then go back and see her.

Haven't even checked it once since..

When did they allow you to leave acute care?

I'm happy to see someone else had a reading similar to mine. Last time I went to see my doctor a couple weeks ago my blood pressure read 178/117.

I was like wtf. Wasn't really nervous or anything. My doctor was surprised at how high it it was but didn't seem that worried. She assumed I was nervous but I told her I really wasn't.

Only thing she did was she told me to check my blood pressure 2 times a week at a pharmacy. Do that for 3 weeks and if the average is higher than 140 then go back and see her.

Haven't even checked it once since..

When did they allow you to leave acute care?

Blood pressure went down a little after awhile and i got discharged

My BP got low a few weeks ago had a wicked headache. Usually I'm near perfect but one weekend it took a dip not sure why

Getting old so I'm dealing with issues like this now. Tested high a month ago 150/100 and was prescribed liprinosil and took it accordingly, even doubling the dosage as needed. Failed my exam again today, went back to my doctor and was prescribed Amlodipine.

I took all that in and prescribed myself some Dos Equis, because...I dont always have high blood pressure, but when i do there is no lack of salt.
View attachment 418895

Btw, im 6'3 230lbs...not completely a fat bastard....just cannot pass my DOT physical.

Are you black? Black people historically have high blood pressure.

Recently diagnosed, but interestingly - only just in the "high" range at home, sometimes even in the acceptable zone, but an easy 30+ points higher at the doctors office.

Blaming anxiety for it, which apparently isn't too uncommon, we all fear the doctors words, but still something to keep an eye on.

You need to get into juicing beets and leafy greens and make it part of your daily routine.

Taking blood pressure medication would be my dead last effort at fixing the problem.

Exercise, cutting out red meat and eating healthier lean meat and veggie juicing is the way to go

You already know what to do. Eat less junk, stay away from the alcohol. And training for health should be moving your body. Cardio and movement. Not lifting heavy shit.

Back