High Blood Pressure GTFIH

From what i have heard, some patients need 3-4 medications before they get it all sorted out. For me, its a huge wake up call...
I'm wondering if less Sherdog might do the trick.
I was sherdogging moderately when I was diagnosed with prehypertension at 25. But then again, moderate Sherdogging qualifies as an excessive stressor.

Maybe try some mindfulness exercises. At least deep breathing, and something relaxing to listen to. I like to go onto Youtube and listen to a "sounds of the alley" video.

But really, once I went to a dr appt on campus, and one of the girls working was a nursing student who kinda hypnotized me, and it lowered my bp.

I was sherdogging moderately when I was diagnosed with prehypertension at 25. But then again, moderate Sherdogging qualifies as an excessive stressor.
Why would you say that? And what's ur point? I made a simple post and all u want to do is tear it down.....not cool...jerk. im as calm as anyone.........taking deep breath...lol...another deep breath....exhale....lol.

Great post....and leaving Sherdog and the requisite drunkeness....not a factor in my studies.

Maybe try some mindfulness exercises. At least deep breathing, and something relaxing to listen to. I like to go onto Youtube and listen to a "sounds of the alley" video.

But really, once I went to a dr appt on campus, and one of the girls working was a nursing student who kinda hypnotized me, and it lowered my bp.
Was trying to joke about ur post (to lower my blood pressure) but i think u nailed it.

Last time I was at the hospital they took my blood pressure and it was like 176/120. They wouldnt let me leave and put me in acute care.

Havent had it checked since. Prolly about to die

Muscular with a beer belly and blood pressure like that doesn't = " quite fit "

How fast can you run a mile? Being strong is surely important , but as you age you'll get more mileage out of keeping that cardio on point too. I'm a hair shorter than you are @ 6'2 and my out of shape ( but strong ) weight is about 220. Im running about 30ish miles a week these days and that has me at 200 . A 300 lb bench press is nice and all , but my BP is 110/70 now @ 38 , which is probably 20 pts lower than it was @ 220

TLDR: you're too heavy

Last edited by a moderator:
stop drinking coffee. but seriously, at your age, things are gonna be going wrong, and running is not a good idea, because you will knacker your joints.i fucked my knee, ankle and hip in my 30s cause i was doing 10 miles a day.

You're supposed to title the thread "High blood pressure BROs GTFIH."

When i get home from work it is really high and goes down a bit with time

I also take propranolol days where i have presentations or whatnot

One of the upsides of earning lots of money kids. Your heart explodes. You stay in school now.

I'm 6'2", 180lbs, never had a BP issue before. I see a new doc, who says i have high BP. He said maybe it's your coffee on the way here, or just being at the doctor making it high. Then he asked if I had a way to measure my BP at home? I mockingly said, No. Then proceeded to measure it at the grocery store like everyone else. My BP was golden, what do doctors know anyway?

Stop taking the pills and start working out. My BP dropped 20 points just from doing BJJ 10 times a month.

Lower sodium intake, increase potassium intake, and lots of cardio. You should see results probably within a week but definitely in a month. Hope that helps.

I have high blood pressure as well. I don't monitor my sodium intake enough and I know I don't get enough water on a daily basis.

I think most people overlook how much sodium they're getting. Try tracking it if you don't already and make sure it stays below your daily limit.

High blood pressure: Sodium may not be the culprit

We saw no evidence that a diet lower in sodium had any long-term beneficial effects on blood pressure. Our findings add to growing evidence that current recommendations for sodium intake may be misguided."

Lynn L. Moore

Over the 16-year follow-up period, the researchers observed that the participants who consumed under 2,500 milligrams of sodium each day had higher blood pressure than those who consumed higher quantities of sodium.

My former doctor told me about these studies over 10 years ago. He was a small thin vegan with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He went into medicine and became a vegan because of heart disease in his family. In my last visit with him he described going through life avoiding tasty foods and taking up distance running for exercise. He died at the age of 66 of a heart attack shortly after returning from his daily 5 mile run.

Death risk increased with two blood pressure drugs

High blood pressure: Sodium may not be the culprit

My former doctor told me about these studies over 10 years ago. He was a small thin vegan with high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He went into medicine and became a vegan because of heart disease in his family. In my last visit with him he described going through life avoiding tasty foods and taking up distance running for exercise. He died at the age of 66 of a heart attack shortly after returning from his daily 5 mile run.

Death risk increased with two blood pressure drugs
Sounds good to me. Been living like a saint for 6 weeks....thats damn stressful! Anyways i probably shouldnt be mixing rum with meds, but this morning my blood pressure was 98/65 and I just about passed out. Gonna try again tomorrow with my DOT testing, get passed that and then wean myself off this stuff. I'm fookin loopy today.

Last time I was at the hospital they took my blood pressure and it was like 176/120. They wouldnt let me leave and put me in acute care.

Havent had it checked since. Prolly about to die

Mine is always high at the doctor's and fine at home.

welcome to the club.. i'm on a statin and antihypertensives... a lot of it is genetic despite exercise and dieting..

If you have insurance, try edarbi. It keeps mine in check but with my insurance co-pay it's 60 bucks for 30 days. Cost like 275 without insurance.

Back