Hey, you guys wanna watch a gay guy absolutely destroy feminism ?

Interesting. So he identifies as Catholic but makes no actual effort to live a Catholic lifestyle? I wonder if he literally believes that Jesus was God, there's a heaven and a hell, etc.

He says he believes what catholics believe.

But it's just running through the motions, like most other moderates.

He has some fascinating theories about gays, such as it was better before they were liberated because of their higher IQs. The idea being that they used to have to fake it, start a family, and deal with their homosexual needs in the dark; but in doing so, their good genes (intelligence) was benefiting the gene pool.

He opposes gay marriage as well, saying that gays have a pass on the monotony that is the nuclear family, 9-5 jobs, and they get to go out and be weird and scandalous. Assimilating into normalcy is taking away their advantages. Further confusing me about his faith.

He also doesn't like that they are kind of strongarming people into marrying them when civil unions exist, which i agree with to an extent. I stop supporting gay marriage (distinct from protesting it) when equal rights are satisfied and it becomes about the word "marriage".

He says he believes what catholics believe.

But it's just running through the motions, like most other moderates.

He has some fascinating theories about gays, such as it was better before they were liberated because of their higher IQs. The idea being that they used to have to fake it, start a family, and deal with their homosexual needs in the dark; but in doing so, their good genes (intelligence) was benefiting the gene pool.

He opposes gay marriage as well, saying that gays have a pass on the monotony that is the nuclear family, 9-5 jobs, and they get to go out and be weird and scandalous. Assimilating into normalcy is taking away their advantages. Further confusing me about his faith.

He also doesn't like that they are kind of strongarming people into marrying them when civil unions exist, which i agree with to an extent. I stop supporting gay marriage (distinct from protesting it) when equal rights are satisfied and it becomes about the word "marriage".
Right, I remember him talking about alot of this on JRE and I think he talked about some of this on The Rubin Report.

Sorry but I cant respect anyone who was out witted by Joe Rogan.

Nobody's perfect. Even Jordan missed the game winning shot 26 times or something. Milo was on a ramble on JRE anyways, having a bit of fun with it. So if he was wrong a few times, so what?

Milo's fun, but he's not a Messiah. Good enough for me, he makes many good points and is funny along the way. He can take the heat from an angry mob, and keep on ticking.

Nobody's perfect. Even Jordan missed the game winning shot 26 times or something. Milo was on a ramble on JRE anyways, having a bit of fun with it. So if he was wrong a few times, so what?

Milo's fun, but he's not a Messiah. Good enough for me, he makes many good points and is funny along the way. He can take the heat from an angry mob, and keep on ticking.

A lot - not all - of that (and milo explained it to Joe to no avail) was that Milo speaks in generalizations for the sake of making a point or having a conversation. Joe on the other hand, has to point out every exception to the rule for the sake of not generalizing.

Welcome back Shooter. Go start up that Hip Hop thread.
Oh hey astroglide, you wanna get verbally slaughtered again for the hundredth time?

Nahh...You dont want those problems anymore.

Lot of shit posts in that thread so I took the conversation elsewhere. No regrets.

Oh hey astroglide, you wanna get verbally slaughtered again for the hundredth time?

Nahh...You dont want those problems anymore.

Lot of shit posts in that thread so I took the conversation elsewhere. No regrets.

Hey man no need to be salty, trying to bury the hatchet and not into your skull. Peace my dude. Sorry you got so rustled.

Hey man no need to be salty, trying to bury the hatchet and not into your skull. Peace my dude. Sorry you got so rustled.
You're right. that was unnecessarily hostile. Honestly My bad for real.

Peace beloved

Lol, hey man, that's cool. Your respect or opinion mean nothing to me anyway.

It's just strange that an active gay man would be a Catholic. It's like a Black Neo Nazi, or an Abortion Doctor who's Catholic, lol.

I am I think agnostic but I thought a big part of those that follow Jesus is that they accept they are flawed people and do things they should not do.

I have been around a ton of Christians and almost all of them think they do and have done things they should not do because of the weakness of being a human.

He could easily be one.

We should be banding together with christian and scientific values fighting Isis not over which group can be a bigger group of whiny feelings babies

I am I think agnostic but I thought a big part of those that follow Jesus is that they accept they are flawed people and do things they should not do.

I have been around a ton of Christians and almost all of them think they do and have done things they should not do because of the weakness of being a human.

He could easily be one.

The thing about Christianity is that it's quite varied. Some forms of Christianity (denominations/sects, if you will) are are simpler while others are more complex. Some emphasize the love of Christ while others tend to emphasize God's judgment.

Within Christianity, there are even conservative and liberal forms of the faith. Conservative churches tend to interpret the Bible more literally, while liberal churches are more willing to interpret at least some of the Bible allegorically and also take into account the time and place from which certain books sprang when forming their understanding. Regarding homosexuality in particular, some churches go so far as to argue that the Bible's actual message on it is quite misunderstood and that the practice is not really condemned at all.

Catholicism is a very complex version of Christianity, quite different really from the much simpler Protestant denominations. It's also a very legalistic (rule-based) form of the faith. Catholicism goes so far as to have two different kinds of sin: venial sin and mortal sin. Venial sins are those sort of lightweight sins that we all find ourselves committing: little white lies, calling someone an asshole for no good reason, brushing someone in need off when you could've helped them. Mortal sins, however, are more serious and the Catholic Church teaches that if you die in a state of mortal sin then you go to hell.

For a sin to be mortal, it must meet three conditions:

1. It must be grave matter.
2. It must be done with full knowledge.
3. It must be done with deliberate consent of the will.

Homosexuality is grave matter and Milo is committing the act with full knowledge that it's a sin. Where it could be argued that he fails to meet the standard of committing mortal sin is the area of "deliberate consent" (since as a few others have mentioned he seems to not necessarily WANT to be gay). But this just gives you an idea about how much stranger, and how much more serious it seems, for a Catholic to be gay than for, say, a left-leaning Episcopal who has a pretty different idea about God and what God wants.

We should be banding together with christian and scientific values fighting Isis not over which group can be a bigger group of whiny feelings babies

I was just thinking the other day that, I may be an agnostic, but if a holy war broke out I know what side I'd be fighting for.

Isn't that the bitch of it?

Everyone ends up arguing the wrong person. We debate a/theism because of violent Islam, but it's always like moderate catholic vs atheist talking shit to one another.

The one argument worth having with each other is the one on moral relativism. Violent dogma can't be tolerated/respected the same way as its non-violent peers. These people crying "islamophobe" are playing a really scary game.

Back