1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

"Hero" faces charges for assaulting a Grandfather who has a CCW permit.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Strychnine, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Ippwnage Banned Banned

holy shit, stating facts??? i will not have it.

2. livingdeadmoose Silver Belt

I agree with most guys here that Clarence never should have been attacked, but my question is, if he had a CCL to carry the gun, shouldn't it be concealed, in a proper holster, and not visible?

3. Scrody Gold Belt Platinum Member

Well no shit, you're supposed to keep it concealed. But say you do see someone with a gun in public. Your first reaction is to place the man in a chokehold? What if he's a cop? You're going to feel like a real idiot for getting shot trying to play hero.

4. livingdeadmoose Silver Belt

I totally agree. I've been around open carry people but they always had their weapon holstered. Now I don't agree with Clarence being attacked but he made the mistake of carrying the gun in his waistband.

5. livingdeadmoose Silver Belt

Completely agree with you. I might get worried if I see a gun in a waistband but I wouldn't tackle the guy.

6. Scrody Gold Belt Platinum Member

I don't understand that thought process, attacking a man that has done nothing wrong lol.

Guns are legal in America people. You don't have to shit your pants at the sight of them.

7. biscuitsbrah Red Belt

That is the stupidest argument ever. Because cars and bats dont have alternative primary uses than killing people

8. Cubo de Sangre President of the War Room

You wait until there's a reason (presumably lawful). Attacking someone because your imagination fears there maybe could be something to worry about is commonly accepted?

I think it's common for it to be some type of offense to have your concealed carry weapon visible. I'm not up on those state laws though.

9. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

Probably has to do with the recent well known incidents involving dead Black males, like the killing of the Black guy with a pellet gun in Walmart , a pellet gun he picked up at that Walmart.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investi...lice-shooting-black-man-ohio-wal-mart-n210646

10. nixkid Black Belt

Apparently, he only saw the gun under the dude's coat while he was getting out of his car.

The police got it right here with the battery charge.

11. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

"According to deputies, Foster told them that when he saw Daniels get out his car he caught sight of a gun under his coat, in a holster."

Assholes with a hero fetish, looking to make a name for themselves and 15 mins of fame and pats on the back. Throw his ass in jail for 2 years minimum. He just attacked an innocent man without warning.

The weapon was concealed. The fact that sometimes when getting in or out of a car it might be seen doesn't nullify the fact it is concealed . Sometimes you can catch the outline of a concealed gun under people's clothing when they are in certain positions, doesn't mean you should get to pounce on them and take it away.

12. djacobox372 Gold Belt

If he saw the gun, it wasn't concealed so he was within his rights to act in self defense.

or at least that's what his lawyer will say.

13. MicroBrew Titanium Belt

The gun was concealed under a coat and in a holster. Under reasonable circumstances it is concealed. Sometimes people's underwear is visible when entering and exiting a vehicle.

14. OAKS Orange Belt

Very true.

15. Exception Banned Banned

C'mon man. You're looking at this from the position of an intelligent person, not a cowardly bitch. Get real and understand cowards gonna coward.

16. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

How common are CCWs in Florida?
    Do they basically hand them out to anyone that wants one?

17. Exception Banned Banned

If that's what you want to hear? Yes. Forget about rights and shit..... Over rated.

18. Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

Hmm. I asked two straightforward questions and you didn't really answer either of them.
    Thanks... :icon_lol:

19. My Spot Marlins 2 titles, Atlanta Braves 1. LMAO!!!

It's not very common actually. You have to go through the Department of Agriculture and wait 90 days.
    You can't open carry handguns either, although that's being challenged in the courts right now.

20. SuwoopBangin Praise Be Unto The Based

Would it have been okay for the man with the gun to have shot the guy attacking him?