"Hero" faces charges for assaulting a Grandfather who has a CCW permit.

I agree with most guys here that Clarence never should have been attacked, but my question is, if he had a CCL to carry the gun, shouldn't it be concealed, in a proper holster, and not visible?

So, you wait until it's too late?

What the guy did was dumb, but not that surprising. People with guns are inherently more dangerous than those without, this guy probably just got scared and reacted. My question is, if he had a CC permit, why could the other guy see the gun at all? That's pretty poor CC.

Well no shit, you're supposed to keep it concealed. But say you do see someone with a gun in public. Your first reaction is to place the man in a chokehold? What if he's a cop? You're going to feel like a real idiot for getting shot trying to play hero.

I saw someone open carrying a pistol in a holster last night in a restaurant. No one panicked. No one jumped the guy from behind. Everybody just went about their business.

Not all of us panic like an irrational school girl at the sight of a weapon.

I totally agree. I've been around open carry people but they always had their weapon holstered. Now I don't agree with Clarence being attacked but he made the mistake of carrying the gun in his waistband.

Well no shit, you're supposed to keep it concealed. But say you do see someone with a gun in public. Your first reaction is to place the man in a chokehold? What if he's a cop? You're going to feel like a real idiot for getting shot trying to play hero.

Completely agree with you. I might get worried if I see a gun in a waistband but I wouldn't tackle the guy.

Completely agree with you. I might get worried if I see a gun in a waistband but I wouldn't tackle the guy.

I don't understand that thought process, attacking a man that has done nothing wrong lol.

Guns are legal in America people. You don't have to shit your pants at the sight of them.

You going to call the cops on anyone carrying a bat at the park? Or driving a car to practically anywhere?

It's best to be safe. We don't know that the car driver doesn't intend to drive into a crowd.
That is the stupidest argument ever. Because cars and bats dont have alternative primary uses than killing people

So, you wait until it's too late?

You wait until there's a reason (presumably lawful). Attacking someone because your imagination fears there maybe could be something to worry about is commonly accepted?

but my question is, if he had a CCL to carry the gun, shouldn't it be concealed, in a proper holster, and not visible?

I think it's common for it to be some type of offense to have your concealed carry weapon visible. I'm not up on those state laws though.

You wait until there's a reason (presumably lawful). Attacking someone because your imagination fears there maybe could be something to worry about is commonly accepted?

I think it's common for it to be some type of offense to have your concealed carry weapon visible. I'm not up on those state laws though.

Apparently, he only saw the gun under the dude's coat while he was getting out of his car.

The police got it right here with the battery charge.

"According to deputies, Foster told them that when he saw Daniels get out his car he caught sight of a gun under his coat, in a holster."

Assholes with a hero fetish, looking to make a name for themselves and 15 mins of fame and pats on the back. Throw his ass in jail for 2 years minimum. He just attacked an innocent man without warning.

The weapon was concealed. The fact that sometimes when getting in or out of a car it might be seen doesn't nullify the fact it is concealed . Sometimes you can catch the outline of a concealed gun under people's clothing when they are in certain positions, doesn't mean you should get to pounce on them and take it away.

If he saw the gun, it wasn't concealed so he was within his rights to act in self defense.

or at least that's what his lawyer will say.

If he saw the gun, it wasn't concealed so he was within his rights to act in self defense.

or at least that's what his lawyer will say.

The gun was concealed under a coat and in a holster. Under reasonable circumstances it is concealed. Sometimes people's underwear is visible when entering and exiting a vehicle.

Very true.

Actually I'll amend my earlier comment:

If it's white on black crime they'll state the races of the individuals involved, for all other crimes, black on white, white on white, black on Hispanic etc, they won't.

I don't understand that thought process, attacking a man that has done nothing wrong lol.

Guns are legal in America people. You don't have to shit your pants at the sight of them.

C'mon man. You're looking at this from the position of an intelligent person, not a cowardly bitch. Get real and understand cowards gonna coward.

How common are CCWs in Florida?
Do they basically hand them out to anyone that wants one?

If that's what you want to hear? Yes. Forget about rights and shit..... Over rated.

Hmm. I asked two straightforward questions and you didn't really answer either of them.
Thanks... :icon_lol:

How common are CCWs in Florida?
Do they basically hand them out to anyone that wants one?
It's not very common actually. You have to go through the Department of Agriculture and wait 90 days.
You can't open carry handguns either, although that's being challenged in the courts right now.

Would it have been okay for the man with the gun to have shot the guy attacking him?

Back