Here's why more brands, like Nike with Colin Kaepernick, are openly liberal

Ban for what? Saying something you are uncomfortable with? Go find a safe space snowflake. You're not fit to handle reality.
No, for bringing absolutely nothing to this forum. You are less insightful and interesting than our current worst hacks. You are busy railing on enough about who 'didn't du nuffin' won't be long though.

It's called winning.....the entire world will have a no one is illegal mentality and it will be the world vs conservatives.

We are not allowed to talk about it for another few years when it's too late to reverse, but it seems like time to celebrate.

Well, it's an attempt by Nike to get a hip factor and a money grab by co-opting a trite and meaningless protester. It is most comical how the guy sold out so readily.

It’s true, Liberals will spend their welfare money and fragile incomes on shoes and jewelry well before saving.

At best, their retirement is in the hopes of gumbint support. Sad world we live in... Nike being a Red capitalist corporation has no issues exploiting the very same culture it’s marketing department pretends to support.

At least the limousine liberal hypocrites in Nike’s ranks can high 5 each other at their circle jerk dinner parties within the confines of their gated mansions with country club views.

You have to be an absolute retard to buy a product based on politics.
Well, it’d be the same retards that fail to see what Nike is doing here. This isn’t about politics, it’s about sales.

I respect people rights to speak up when they feel they have a voice. My issue has always been, and always will be, that CK is a hypocrit. When he wears Cops are Pigs socks, and kneels to protest cops, it’s no different then people that judge all black people as criminals. There absolutely are bad cops out there...impossible not to be...just like there are bad teachers, plumbers etc. But to use every single instance where a black man is shot as an example is a disservice and dishonest...many of the cases were justified no matter how you feel emotionally. Comply and don’t die. And the incidents are extremely isolated. WAY more instances where cops are assaulted by black people. Way more instances of arrests that go off without a hitch. Way more instances of black on black crime....but he doesn’t care about that. Absolutely fire or arrest cops that are abusive...and stand up to it, but don’t judge the whole force on actions of a few....just like you want for your culture not to be.
As for Nike...this is an obvious ploy. CK sucked for years before this all happened. There are plenty of great athletes that do things for Social Justice that could have been the face of the campaign that are actually playing. Nike is just trying to win back market share from young blacks that went to Adidas, Yeezy and Under Armour.

Last edited:
View media item 29335
There's a good quote there too:

There's literally nothing truer than this. This is the most dull, uninspiring - and uninspired - group of people ever.

LOL at "uninspiring" and "uninspired"... who do you think designed and built these... leftists?

depositphotos_58587715-stock-photo-basilica-di-san-pietro-in.jpg

x20160705093840.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fcECZ0rH82.jpg

TN_Les-Cath%C3%A9drales-4.jpg

cantius-church-chicago-wide.jpg

cathedral-2047100_960_720.jpg

1200px-Catedral_de_Santiago_de_Compostela_10.jpg

800px-Canterbury_Cathedral_021_Poor_mans_Bible_window_upper_half.JPG

7588811936_7e5ec2ffe3_k.jpg

cologne-cathedral-in-germany-greg-dale.jpg

Orbitz-3-Perfect-Days-in-Florence-Getting-Stamped-10.jpg

8005125393671.jpg

france--manche--bay-of-mont-saint-michel--listed-as-world-heritage-by-unesco--the-mont-saint-michel--the-spring-tide-of-21-march-2015--aerial-view--563446493-5979f8946f53ba0010d99e18.jpg

Conservatives (partcularly those of the Christian persuasion) are on record for creating the most breathtaking, inspiring, soul-stirring art ever created.

What do leftists have?

andres-serrano-piss-christ-(from-immersions).jpg

Piss Christ.

Oh, and squeezing 'paint eggs' out from their vaginas...

the entire world will have a no one is illegal mentality and it will be the world vs conservatives.

Er no. You think a time will come when China, Japan, India, African counties etc etc will allow their borders to be flooded with immigrants? It won't. The 'no one is illegal' mentality is almost entirely a Western leftist thing. And yes, illegal immigrants are illegal. Borders & immigration laws exist for good reason.

I don't think there's anything surprising about this. As the OP notes and the 2nd post reinforces, the consumers are young and they skew liberal. For many brands, aligning themselves with a liberal political position reinforces their relationship with their consumer.

I don't think it's entirely cynical, I think that many of these brands lean liberal in their C-suites or their boards.

2 interesting points to me. First is the directionality of the whole thing (no, I don't know if directionality is a word). These lifestyle brands lean liberal but they are influencers. So do they result in influencing the general public the same way?

Second, I've just started paying attention to "impact investing". I've known about people and funds who want a social or environmental benefit from their investments for a while, I didn't know it was a growing investment space at it's current rate. Seeing how much money is going into that space, some of the criticisms about social liberals and being out of touch and a variety of other things seem woefully out of date.
I'm not entirely sure about "many," but I bet Nike does. Their headquarters is in Portland, OR, a largely liberal area. If their leadership and board is made up of entirely conservatives, then that be surprising, given the environment.

LOL at "uninspiring" and "uninspired"... who do you think designed and built these... leftists?

8005125393671.jpg

france--manche--bay-of-mont-saint-michel--listed-as-world-heritage-by-unesco--the-mont-saint-michel--the-spring-tide-of-21-march-2015--aerial-view--563446493-5979f8946f53ba0010d99e18.jpg

Conservatives (partcularly those of the Christian persuasion) are on record for creating the most breathtaking, inspiring, soul-stirring art ever created.

What do leftists have?

Piss Christ.

Thanks for proving my point, genius - how many of these were made by American conservatives (because that's who we're talking about here, right? Americans)?

Oh that's right, none. And if we further restrict ourselves to today's conservatives, the height of your creativity is denying gay couples wedding cakes lol

Good move by Nike. They know their demo is poor black youth and they like nothing more than pissing off old white people

Thanks for proving my point, genius

Dat desperation doe...

<Dany07>

how many of these were made by American conservatives (because that's who we're talking about here, right? Americans)?

No no, son... you said: "There's literally nothing truer than this. This is the most dull, uninspiring - and uninspired - group of people ever."

... which was in response to this comment: "There is also the problem that conservatives are desperately uncool."

No mention of 'American' in there. You were talking about conservatives as a whole, and not just in the modern era, but conservatives throughout history. You even felt the need to put 'ever' in italic, emphasising that you most certainly meant throughout history, which again would back up the fact you were not just talking about American conservatives, because your use of the word 'ever' would include before the USA even existed. Nice try, though. ;)

Oh that's right, none.

False. This one...

Cantius-church-chicago-wide.jpg

... is the Cantius Cathedral in Chicago.

And then there's Washington National Cathedral...

WashingtonNationalCathedralHighsmith15393v.jpg

... also Cathedral of St. John the Divine in NYC...

cathedral-st-john-the-divine-exterior-nyc-morningside-heights-untapped-cities.jpg

Cathedral-of-St-John-the-Divine-interior.jpg

Now, you tell me... when have leftists/progressives EVER designed/built something even half as beautiful as any of those? GO!

And if we further restrict ourselves to today's conservatives, the height of your creativity is denying gay couples wedding cakes lol

LOL! First you refer to all conservatives to "ever" live... then when I shatter that nonsense, you attempt to shift the goalposts to only American conservatives... and now you're trying to make it only about American conservatives in the present. Good LORD you're so desperate. This is hilarious. I'm gonna enjoy pushing your shit in. <Lmaoo>

Tell me, what "inspiring" things are leftists creating today... hmmmmmm? Get back to me on that, won't you? :)

Nike is not liberal. In 2018, Nike has contributed $47k to republican candidates for the senate, but only $29.5k to democrats.
Historically they've been pretty much 50-50 with their political contributions.

This add campaign is allowing them to play both sides perfectly. They benefit from the republican tax cuts and regulation reductions, while selling more shoes to inner city yutes. Freaking brilliant.

Dat desperation doe...

<Dany07>

No no, son... you said: "There's literally nothing truer than this. This is the most dull, uninspiring - and uninspired - group of people ever."

... which was in response to this comment: "There is also the problem that conservatives are desperately uncool."

No mention of 'American' in there. You were talking about conservatives as a whole, and not just in the modern era, but conservatives throughout history. You even felt the need to put 'ever' in italic, emphasising that you most certainly meant throughout history, which again would back up the fact you were not just talking about American conservatives, because your use of the word 'ever' would include before the USA even existed. Nice try, though. ;)

False. This one...

Cantius-church-chicago-wide.jpg

... is the Cantius Cathedral in Chicago.

And then there's Washington National Cathedral...

WashingtonNationalCathedralHighsmith15393v.jpg

... also Cathedral of St. John the Divine in NYC...

cathedral-st-john-the-divine-exterior-nyc-morningside-heights-untapped-cities.jpg

Cathedral-of-St-John-the-Divine-interior.jpg

Now, you tell me... when have leftists/progressives EVER designed/built something even half as beautiful as any of those? GO!

LOL! First you refer to all conservatives to "ever" live... then when I shatter that nonsense, you attempt to shift the goalposts to only American conservatives... and now you're trying to make it only about American conservatives in the present. Good LORD you're so desperate. This is hilarious. I'm gonna enjoy pushing your shit in. <Lmaoo>

Tell me, what "inspiring" things are leftists creating today... hmmmmmm? Get back to me on that, won't you? :)

do you have any evidence Adolphus Druiding or the other architects with these were conservative? Architecture tends to be a sorta liberal thing nowadays. not saying they werent conservative but building that doesnt make them conservative. At least the one in Chicago is specifically built for immigrants too.

do you have any evidence Adolphus Druiding or the other architects with these were conservative? Architecture tends to be a sorta liberal thing nowadays. not saying they werent conservative but building that doesnt make them conservative. At least the one in Chicago is specifically built for immigrants too.

They were deeply religious Christians so they wouldn't have been leftists. Leftists do not design/build beauty like that because they're not capable of it (it takes too much dedication & inspiration), and they're too busy shoving paint eggs up their vaginas and squeezing them out onto a canvas.

Architecture may very well be a liberal thing "nowadays"... which would explain why modern architecture is so awful. But we're not talking about architecture as a whole, we're talking specifically about the design/construction/craftsmanship of Cathedrals. Leftists hate Christianity, so why would they have designed and built those great Cathedrals? Exactly.

8005125393671.jpg

What do leftists have?

Piss Christ.

you mean the artists who are mostly liberally leaning leftist???

LOLOLOLOLOL!

Back