Here's why more brands, like Nike with Colin Kaepernick, are openly liberal

58 miles...youre upset because I won our argument. You are pouting like a little baby now.

so when i asked for evidence, you can just say, " No, i just believe it"

If they were deeply religious Christians, what are the odds they were leftists? Yes, I'm sure deeply religious Christians alive 100+ years ago (in some cases, 1000 years ago) would've been fully in support of gay rights, abortion rights, feminism etc etc. I'm sure they were all Marx/Lenin/Trotsky in the making.

Lmao another one from the "Counting internet victories" brigade, that's an amazingly fulfilling life you got right there ;) How's this: you keep responding and demonstrating how triggered you are, and I'll leave my cozy job early to have a few beers and see Judas Priest :) ?

Or alternatively you could muster up enough guts and prove me wrong. How about that?

Laterrrrr

You just said that. But then you returned.

If they were deeply religious Christians, what are the odds they were leftists? Yes, I'm sure deeply religious Christians alive 100+ years ago (in some cases, 1000 years ago) would've been fully in support of gay rights, abortion rights, feminism etc etc. I'm sure they were all Marx/Lenin/Trotsky in the making.

I'm sure these rich Democrats grandparents from about 100 years ago owned most of the black people's ancestors that are defending them today.

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

fanike1.jpg

nike-child-labor-cartoon-just-do-it1.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

NIKE is a billion dollar corporation, because they use child slave labor

I’m really glad you support that

Touching to see you guys care so much about this issue...

As soon as Nike ran the Kepernick add.

I never claimed to care deeply (though if I had the power I would end corporate slavery). The point of my posts was to shine a light on the hypocrisy of a media-appointed civil right hero, Colin Kaepernick, claiming to stand (kneel) against oppression while taking millions of dollars from a company that oppresses and exploits people for profit. The whole thing is ridiculous, but Kaepernick mainly has support because of partisan politics and $$$.

tumblr_p2r2c9gGzs1r7dh6wo1_250.gif

a5488b3b960793afbccc420602b12277--colin-kaepernick-colin-odonoghue.jpg

Nope. They're just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. Really, it's not hard to understand. The right is not claiming to care about child labour, they're simply pointing out that the left always claimed to care about it, but suddenly support a company that exists solely because of child labour... as soon as Nike ran the Kaepernick ad.

Nice try, though.

I personally think this is a fantastic idea to get the sweat shop heat off their brand. Can't hate for playing the game, but let's just not pretend this was anything other than a business decision.

I never claimed to care deeply (though if I had the power I would end corporate slavery). The point of my posts was to shine a light on the hypocrisy of a media-appointed civil right hero, Colin Kaepernick, claiming to stand (kneel) against oppression while taking millions of dollars from a company that oppresses and exploits people for profit. The whole thing is ridiculous, but Kaepernick mainly has support because of partisan politics and $$$.

a5488b3b960793afbccc420602b12277--colin-kaepernick-colin-odonoghue.jpg

Nope. They're just pointing out the hypocrisy of the left. Really, it's not hard to understand. The right is not claiming to care about child labour, they're simply pointing out that the left always claimed to care about it, but suddenly support a company that exists solely because of child labour... as soon as Nike ran the Kaepernick ad.

Nice try, though.

If Kapernick got notoriety by taking a stand against child labor, THEN was found to have taken money from a company that exploited it.... that’s hypocritical.

That would be like if someone ran on a platform of buying American goods and bringing back American manufacturing, but had his campaign materials made in China... ehem...

But Kapernick protested police brutality against African Americans. I don’t see how Nike is responsible for that.

Are you implying that if someone takes up one cause, they must, by definition take up ALL causes and every action they take must be completely selfless beyond reproof?

Sounds like a good way to make sure no one ever takes up a cause.

Fucking clown shoes.
Sell your Nike stock. They're going down.
I’m not a big fan of Nike, but do you realize how big they are?

Globally, the own like twice the market share of the next five biggest athletic apparel companies combined. They could buy every NFL team at face value and still have 30 billion left over.

Nike will be fine.

Are you implying that if someone takes up one cause, they must, by definition take up ALL causes and every action they take must be completely selfless beyond reproof?

Of course, I do not think someone has to take up all causes, but if you are vocal about fighting against oppression, then it does not seem like such a stretch to include the oppression and exploitation of women and children by billion dollar companies in that fight against oppression.

You have no problem with a multi-millionaire athlete, claiming to be against oppression, taking millions (muh sacrifice!) from a company that exploits people for profit? You cannot understand why some people might find that ridiculous?

It was not long ago that Zach Galifianakis was considered a hero for telling NIKE to screw off. What changed?

134518.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If Kapernick got notoriety by taking a stand against child labor, THEN was found to have taken money from a company that exploited it.... that’s hypocritical.

If you asked Kaepernick now, or before he got his deal with Nike 'are you against child labour?', what do you think he would've said? He said he was against "oppression of people of colour". The children being used to make Nike products aren't white. You are simply in desperation mode, responding in such a way. You know very well this makes Kaepernick a major hypocrite, and it's just hilarious watching the left now fawn even more over him, and view Nike as some kind of humanitarians. LOL

It's EXACTLY the same as how they began expressing their love for McCain after he started criticising Trump. When he died, they were in mourning. But who was McCain? Was he a man the left respected? Nope. They hated him during the 2008 elections. He was just another stale old white man, as far as they were concerned. Now he's their hero. A neo-con... one which could out-neo-con almost every other neo-con... a war-monger of the greatest degree... just an all-round scumbag. But SIMPLY because he criticised Trump, he's at the top of their good books.

The modern left has the weakest belief system out of anyone on the planet. They are so easily manipulated, it's scary. But what can we expect from people who are now expressing their full, undying support for the spread of Islam and all that comes with that?

I'm not implying anything - I am outright saying that it is the left who, historically, has always claimed to be against child labour... but now suddenly that's gone completely out the window. Like I said: had you asked Kaepernick before he got the Nike deal 'are you against child labour?', do you really think he would've said 'nah, I'm cool with it', or expressed disinterest in the topic? Bullshit.

Becoming an ambassador for Nike, whilst simultaneously claiming to be against the "oppression of people of colour", as Nike uses 'people of colour' child labourers and adult labourers who are paid absolute garbage for their 16 hour daily shifts is LAUGHABLE. And you know it.

Sounds like a good way to make sure no one ever takes up a cause.

To an extent, we're all hypocrites. But this isn't a minor case of hypocrisy, it's a giant, slap-you-in-your-face example of hypocrisy.

I’m not a big fan of Nike, but do you realize how big they are?

Globally, the own like twice the market share of the next five biggest athletic apparel companies combined. They could buy every NFL team at face value and still have 30 billion left over.

Nike will be fine.

LMAO, see? Look at how you, a leftist, now supports the child-labour company Nike... 'Nike will be just fine, their profits are only going to go up, there's nothing you can do... take THAT, conservatards!'.

Back