Hereditary (2018)

I legit looked up a whole bunch of angel mythology and demonology due to this movie. Good info.

Creepy movie

@Bobby Boulders

Been a while but the horror thread is dead as dead

Also been out of Mayberry in a while.

@Bobby Boulders

Been a while but the horror thread is dead as dead

Also been out of Mayberry in a while.
Yeah, I basically stay in the MMA forums these days. It's like I saw It Follows and decided I didn't need to watch anymore. I still catch some flicks sometimes. It remake was so good I watched it like 11 times. Gotta turn myself in at the end of January-ish though, so I may never get to see It Part 2. Will also miss the next Godzilla movie, and I'm super unhappy about that. C'est la vie though, eh?

Yeah, I basically stay in the MMA forums these days. It's like I saw It Follows and decided I didn't need to watch anymore. I still catch some flicks sometimes. It remake was so good I watched it like 11 times. Gotta turn myself in at the end of January-ish though, so I may never get to see It Part 2. Will also miss the next Godzilla movie, and I'm super unhappy about that. C'est la vie though, eh?
Well damn, when will you be out?

Well damn, when will you be out?
Man, it isn't looking good. I'm probably gonna get an attorney, but the last year saw me owing a lot of money (dental bills, paying off old fines, etc.), so I don't have a lot. Some guys in the OT and Zookeeper Gabe (FB friend) donated some money to help, but while they did admirably and I appreciate that they were willing to help at all, it wasn't nearly enough to get me in the clear. My irl people donated $80. The OT donated $770, and they're strangers (realistically). The ones I've known, respected, loved, went to see movies with and spent the night at their houses, went to school with since 1st grade, whatever, had actual life experiences with, my freedom wasn't worth even $10 to them. Had every FB contact I had (95% people I've actually known) donated $10 each I'd maybe not even have to serve any time. Instead, I got more love from strangers, so idk if I feel that bad about going away. That basically let me know what people really think about me, so what would I be staying out for? I don't respect any of them anymore, I can't even stomach the thought of seeing any of them face to face, and it's a LOT of people. Several sent me messages to tell me they'd donate if I started a GoFundMe, and when I actually made it they all went ghost. All of them. So, it's like, no one respects me, I don't respect any of them, I can't trust anyone, I don't love any of them anymore, so why stay free anyway? So I can lead a lonely life, not trusting people?

Two to twenty years, bud. My charges carry two to twenty. And without money to make a lawyer work for me I'm not getting the two year minimum. Hopefully, just hiring one at all will get me half the max. Then, hopefully, I can get into programs and such that will get me paroled in three or four. But I'm not holding my breath. Texas hates "criminals", especially out of towners. And this is a revocation, so they're gonna bury me.

C'est la vie.

Man, it isn't looking good. I'm probably gonna get an attorney, but the last year saw me owing a lot of money (dental bills, paying off old fines, etc.), so I don't have a lot. Some guys in the OT and Zookeeper Gabe (FB friend) donated some money to help, but while they did admirably and I appreciate that they were willing to help at all, it wasn't nearly enough to get me in the clear. My irl people donated $80. The OT donated $770, and they're strangers (realistically). The ones I've known, respected, loved, went to see movies with and spent the night at their houses, went to school with since 1st grade, whatever, had actual life experiences with, my freedom wasn't worth even $10 to them. Had every FB contact I had (95% people I've actually known) donated $10 each I'd maybe not even have to serve any time. Instead, I got more love from strangers, so idk if I feel that bad about going away. That basically let me know what people really think about me, so what would I be staying out for? I don't respect any of them anymore, I can't even stomach the thought of seeing any of them face to face, and it's a LOT of people. Several sent me messages to tell me they'd donate if I started a GoFundMe, and when I actually made it they all went ghost. All of them. So, it's like, no one respects me, I don't respect any of them, I can't trust anyone, I don't love any of them anymore, so why stay free anyway? So I can lead a lonely life, not trusting people?

Two to twenty years, bud. My charges carry two to twenty. And without money to make a lawyer work for me I'm not getting the two year minimum. Hopefully, just hiring one at all will get me half the max. Then, hopefully, I can get into programs and such that will get me paroled in three or four. But I'm not holding my breath. Texas hates "criminals", especially out of towners. And this is a revocation, so they're gonna bury me.

C'est la vie.
Fucking shitty, my dude. Anything I can do, let me know. Anything more personal, take it to DM.

The part when she was chasing him, banging her head upside down on the door to the attic staircase was priceless. It wasn't meant to be funny but I was laughing so hard.
and then she teleports into his room ... I never understood that part. The headless corpses flying into the treehouse was a ridiculous scene too, really killed the film for me.

Decent movie.

I liked the pacing and acting by Toni Collette and the photo was great. Where it went wrong was with the laughable ending and the fact that they acted quite out of the ordinary, which in turn makes it hard to relate to them.

Best movie I saw this year. @Son of Jamin

m96jjd.jpg

The more I think about it, Hereditary is super similar to Donnie Darko.

With Donnie Darko, every character that interacts with Donnie is considered "The Manipulated Living" while he is the "Living Receiver". Every action that they do unbeknownst to them is to help him on his mission and ensure he reaches his goal. The same thing is happening in Hereditary where Charlie is the living receiver. The demon is planted in Charlie and the goal is to transfer her spirit into another body. The mom and son are all being manipulated into this goal.

What's brilliant about both movies is that you can watch them, get the basic gist of what is going on and enjoy them. If you dig deeper and read supplemental material however, the movies get so much better and become works of art. One of my friends never got Donnie Darko and I explained that to really get into it, you have to read the philosophy involved and he was like "Who's gonna do that?" and he's right.

If you are willing though, Hereditary is the exact same way. Here are tidbits which aren't clear in the movie but are interesting.

- If you call upon Paimon, he prefers a male body as host and requires a sacrifice
- Ellen (grandmother) was going to use Annie's (mother) kid as the host body for Paimon
- Ellen wanted a male host but Charlie was born and given a male's name as a compromise
- Ellen started the ritual with Charlie and placed the demon spirit of Paimon in her body
- Since Charlie is female, they knew they had to sacrifice her and transfer the spirit to a male body
- Charlie starts acting weird because Paimon's spirit is in her
- Annie was manipulated to send Charlie to a party where she was later decapitated beginning the next phase of the ritual
- Charlie's spirit eventually enters Peter's at the end and he is drawn to the final ritual where he is crowned Paimon

<LordRoose> Be careful, going down this rabbit hole. In a sense these works are meant to send some curious viewers on said journey. Be wary of the subject matter and those who speak of it.

Putting his name on the tounges of millions. A great net to catch many fish. To speak his name is to invoke him.

Many have said to experience Baphomet greeting them on their ride to ascension while dropping DMT , but I believe it's more likely Choronzon.

The film has definitely served its purpose.

I watched Hereditary today and boy was it a roller coaster.

The first half of the movie drones on and on. In typical "post-horror" fashion, it's basically a family drama shot like horror. Like most dogshit post-horror drivel, it slowly starts adding specks of supernatural oddities until a giant, retarded climax.

The movie is very typical of the "genre", if you can call it that. But, it was superbly shot and acted. It did a great job of making you feel uneasy even in the most mundane scenes. The emotion felt real and visceral.

This movie sucked because I hate the "genre" as a whole, but I loved it anyway.

That scene with Grandma in the background of that room in the beginning is terrifying.

I legit looked up a whole bunch of angel mythology and demonology due to this movie. Good info.

Creepy movie

Lol! So did I!

It's great reading. I bet 15% of people looked up Paimon within a few days.

m96jjd.jpg

<LordRoose> Be careful, going down this rabbit hole. In a sense these works are meant to send some curious viewers on said journey. Be wary of the subject matter and those who speak of it.

Putting his name on the tounges of millions. A great net to catch many fish. To speak his name is to invoke him.

Many have said to experience Baphomet greeting them on their ride to ascension while dropping DMT , but I believe it's more likely Choronzon.

The film has definitely served its purpose.

Well fuck......Man

Back