Hereditary (2018)

Yep, that's why the mother tries to pull the son's head off while he's asleep then the corpse in the attic is headless, then the mother slices her own head off too at the end. Truly creepy and unsettling.
Being that the grandmother's head is removed does that mean she was a host to Paimon.

If so that means Paimon went from the grandmother to the granddaughter and then to the daughter and finally the grandson.

Hereditary indeed.

This movie was creepy and certain scenes stuck with me.

The Nun on the other hand - that movie was a disappointment.

Downloaded it few days ago but can't find time to watch it.

Too busy watching season 2 of The Sinner.

I made it 30 minutes in, & I wanted to tap out. Suffered through the rest of it though. Brutally bad hack job of a horror movie. Good performance by the lead actress, and Gabriel Byrne is always great, but the movie itself was shit. Every lame horror trope cliche, one after another.

I made it 30 minutes in, & I wanted to tap out. Suffered through the rest of it though. Brutally bad hack job of a horror movie. Good performance by the lead actress, and Gabriel Byrne is always great, but the movie itself was shit. Every lame horror trope cliche, one after another.

Thank you for saying this. I thought I was the minority.

Jesus, just finished watching it. My heart is still pounding. My jaw dropped, I was incredibly on edge and uncomfortable for nearly the entire movie. Damn that was good.

toni.jpg

You want to see great acting, jawdropping scenes(the car from the party incident), trauma and horror? Watch this movie. But I do warn you. This movie will drain all the emotional energy out of you.

This is one of the better movies I have seen in a very long time. Hereditary together with Upgrade are this years best movies for me. Both gets a strong 9!10.

Minor spoiler: Man, the dining scene was intense.

Oh a pic of the other movie.

upgrade-movie-poster-1280x536.jpg
Hereditary was one of those films that sticks with you. Holy shit. I’ve had to rewatch it several times.

i heard so much about it and i wanted to like it , but... eh. just didn't gel with me. the ending was alright but the events up to it, i dunno, just weren't for me. i can't explain it but it just felt blah.

This has to be a joke post. Movie was amazing.

I barely know what happened in the movie, but I loved it. The whole thing was tragic from beginning to end.

Hereditary was one of those films that sticks with you. Holy shit. I’ve had to rewatch it several times.
Dunno about the last part. I thought the movie was absolutely phenomenal but I won't watch it ever again. I was freaked out through most of it and just felt awful afterwards. I suppose a good slow burn psychological horror can do that to you but fuck ever watching that thing again. And I usually like this sort of movie.

The car scene... man, I was not ready for that. Knocked the air right out of my lungs.

Dunno about the last part. I thought the movie was absolutely phenomenal but I won't watch it ever again. I was freaked out through most of it and just felt awful afterwards. I suppose a good slow burn psychological horror can do that to you but fuck ever watching that thing again. And I usually like this sort of movie.

The car scene... man, I was not ready for that. Knocked the air right out of my lungs.
I literally teared up. Also my name is Peter so I connected with the character a bit more than most probably.

The part when she was chasing him, banging her head upside down on the door to the attic staircase was priceless. It wasn't meant to be funny but I was laughing so hard.

Saw it recently and really "enjoyed" it.

It wasn't very original but it had a lot of disturbing scenes that was really surprising to me for a mainstream movie. For a modern horror movie, it's definitely one of the better ones in recent times. No jump scares, just good acting, atmosphere and tension. That's how you do it.

Great acting from everyone but the son. I wish they could have gotten a better actor and someone with a less annoying face.

The part when she was chasing him, banging her head upside down on the door to the attic staircase was priceless. It wasn't meant to be funny but I was laughing so hard.

I don't get scared watching horror movies but I thought that was legit disturbing and creepy. Especially her running full speed after him up the scares. That felt like a bad dream.

I don't get scared watching horror movies but I thought that was legit disturbing and creepy. Especially her running full speed after him up the scares. That felt like a bad dream.

It might have been funny because it was unexpected. I was expecting to see her pounding her fist against it, nope she is full on headbanging the ceiling. lol

Back