Here We Go Again.....Mark Cuban Taking Flack For Saying He's Bigoted In Some Ways

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by DoUEvenLiftBro, May 22, 2014.

1. DoUEvenLiftBro

DoUEvenLiftBro Brown Belt

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ricks-donald-sterling-racist-clippers/9427895

Not sure how much attention this will garner, since it just got reported hours ago. However, ESPN's Mike and Mike are talking about it like it is a big deal. Cris Carter is acting like Cuban did worse than saying the n-word by stating he crosses the street if he sees a black in a hoodie. It's been a black ass kissing fest on the show.

2. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

Public self awareness is not a positive thing. The media and public love to have an enemy.

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Red Belt

Time for another player boycott. Can't have this sort of talk in the NBA.

4. kahiljabroni

kahiljabroni Black Belt

Ive already heard the ranting on espn by the sanctimonious clowns..I'm not even gonna justify this by debating it. I think im done watching the nba

5. Cirris

Cirris Brown Belt

He's essentially admitting to common thoughts about reacting to various people whose appearance would cause him to become defensive. He mentions avoiding black guys in hoodies and white skinheads with piercings and tattoos.

You know normal fear based defense mechanism humans use for self preservation.

it's common 'avoid petting the black kittie with the white stripe' type stuff.

6. Diamond Jim

Diamond Jim Silver Belt

Cuban is right. We all have prejudices towards certain people. His hoodie comment will spark controversy due to the Treyvon Martin case but he also said he crosses the street if he sees a white guy with a shaved head and lots of tattoos but that will be overshadowed here I bet.

7. TheBenjamins21

TheBenjamins21 Orange Belt

Mr. Cuban said nothing wrong. Unfortunately he will be crucified by the media and clowns like the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton etc, who also turn a blind eye to the daily epidemic of black on black and black on white crime visible for us all to see.. but we can't talk about that.

8. kpt018

kpt018 Gold Belt

WTF is up with the hoodies? Maybe it's because I'm from NY and just about everyone wears them. I really have no idea how this is considered the equivalent of gang colors or something.

And a white guy with tattoos? Really?

Cuban just sounds like a big pussy.

9. speakhandsforme

speakhandsforme Banned Banned

Not a single thing wrong with what he said. Would you rather him be oblivious to his natural biases?

10. SammyPops

SammyPops Gold Belt

Good for him for knowing his issues and hopefully working towards monitoring/understanding such issues.

Lord knows I have mine.

11. panamaican

panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Don't see a problem with what he said.

12. speakhandsforme

speakhandsforme Banned Banned

Also, speaking of the "slippery slope" that Cuban was cited being concerned about (concerning removing ownership based on private comments), persecuting him for these comments could land on a very similar slope-- punishing people for trying to be self-aware.

13. jackietreehorn8

jackietreehorn8 fine

I love that he admits to having a few ounces of common sense and immediately gets shouted down by the sanctimonious PC police.

I'd love to see where Mike Greenberg lives. I guarantee it's a safe neighborhood, which is the same thing as crossing the street when someone who looks rough is walking your way. You avoid those kinds of people.

Cris Carter probably lives in the same neighborhood too.

14. Mikeydontgiva

Mikeydontgiva Brown Belt

Pretty sad, dude is speaking the truth. Its not racist. People that look like thugs, gangsters and supremacists should expect to be treated like such, regardless of race, color, etc.

I don't cross the street to walk on the other side if I see blacks in hoodies or tatted up skinheads on my side of the street, though....I choose not to be a victim by carrying.

15. Bay Area

Bay Area Silver Belt

I cross the street when I am on the same sidewalk as:

Middle Easterns with turbans
    Asians with kung fu apparel,
    Whites with Tapout gear
    Blacks with African Medallions
    Mexicans with Cowboy hats

16. o'dubhlaoich

o'dubhlaoich Red Belt

Yet Jordan saying he was racist when he grew up got an article and thats it.

17. BKMMAFAN

BKMMAFAN Silver Belt

If Trayvon and Birdman (NBA Player) were walking down Cuban's street on opposite sides I wonder which side he'd choose?

18. Uchi Mata

Uchi Mata Preaching the gospel of heel hooks and left kicks

I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. It sounds like it's less a product of race than of stereotyping certain types of people as dangerous. People who call this racist need to understand that it's a matter of degree. If you're walking in downtown Dallas in the middle of the day and you cross the street because some black kid in a hoodie is walking towards you, that's pretty silly. But I don't think many people would say it's silly to cross the street if you're about to walk through a big group of black guys wearing red bandanas in a bad part of LA at 12:30 a.m. I think most people would say that's sensible. Except for maybe Workers United, who would probably say you should get those guys a danish and chai and apologize for your ancestors oppressing their ancestors.

19. o'dubhlaoich

o'dubhlaoich Red Belt

Lets not hold the black race accountable though. I am sure its just all in his head and no black person has ever committed a crime while wearing a hoody. I understand not all people wearing hoodys are criminals. But the time to be cautious is before something may or may not happen. Not after.

20. lfd0311

lfd0311 Pink Belt

I'm truthfully on the verge of being done watching ESPN. You're a sports news channel. Stop constantly pushing the liberal agenda on me.