Here We Go Again.....Mark Cuban Taking Flack For Saying He's Bigoted In Some Ways

DoUEvenLiftBro

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is known for bold statements, and he made a few Wednesday at a conference in Nashville on the topic of banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

"I know I'm prejudiced, and I know I'm bigoted in a lot of different ways," Cuban said in an interview shown at the annual GrowCo convention hosted by Inc. magazine, according to The Tennessean.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ricks-donald-sterling-racist-clippers/9427895

Not sure how much attention this will garner, since it just got reported hours ago. However, ESPN's Mike and Mike are talking about it like it is a big deal. Cris Carter is acting like Cuban did worse than saying the n-word by stating he crosses the street if he sees a black in a hoodie. It's been a black ass kissing fest on the show.

Public self awareness is not a positive thing. The media and public love to have an enemy.

Time for another player boycott. Can't have this sort of talk in the NBA.

Ive already heard the ranting on espn by the sanctimonious clowns..I'm not even gonna justify this by debating it. I think im done watching the nba

He's essentially admitting to common thoughts about reacting to various people whose appearance would cause him to become defensive. He mentions avoiding black guys in hoodies and white skinheads with piercings and tattoos.

You know normal fear based defense mechanism humans use for self preservation.

it's common 'avoid petting the black kittie with the white stripe' type stuff.

Cuban is right. We all have prejudices towards certain people. His hoodie comment will spark controversy due to the Treyvon Martin case but he also said he crosses the street if he sees a white guy with a shaved head and lots of tattoos but that will be overshadowed here I bet.

Mr. Cuban said nothing wrong. Unfortunately he will be crucified by the media and clowns like the NAACP, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton etc, who also turn a blind eye to the daily epidemic of black on black and black on white crime visible for us all to see.. but we can't talk about that.

WTF is up with the hoodies? Maybe it's because I'm from NY and just about everyone wears them. I really have no idea how this is considered the equivalent of gang colors or something.

And a white guy with tattoos? Really?

Cuban just sounds like a big pussy.

Not a single thing wrong with what he said. Would you rather him be oblivious to his natural biases?

Good for him for knowing his issues and hopefully working towards monitoring/understanding such issues.

Lord knows I have mine.

Don't see a problem with what he said.

Also, speaking of the "slippery slope" that Cuban was cited being concerned about (concerning removing ownership based on private comments), persecuting him for these comments could land on a very similar slope-- punishing people for trying to be self-aware.

I love that he admits to having a few ounces of common sense and immediately gets shouted down by the sanctimonious PC police.

I'd love to see where Mike Greenberg lives. I guarantee it's a safe neighborhood, which is the same thing as crossing the street when someone who looks rough is walking your way. You avoid those kinds of people.

Cris Carter probably lives in the same neighborhood too.

Pretty sad, dude is speaking the truth. Its not racist. People that look like thugs, gangsters and supremacists should expect to be treated like such, regardless of race, color, etc.

I don't cross the street to walk on the other side if I see blacks in hoodies or tatted up skinheads on my side of the street, though....I choose not to be a victim by carrying.

I cross the street when I am on the same sidewalk as:

Middle Easterns with turbans
Asians with kung fu apparel,
Whites with Tapout gear
Blacks with African Medallions
Mexicans with Cowboy hats

Yet Jordan saying he was racist when he grew up got an article and thats it.

If Trayvon and Birdman (NBA Player) were walking down Cuban's street on opposite sides I wonder which side he'd choose?

I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. It sounds like it's less a product of race than of stereotyping certain types of people as dangerous. People who call this racist need to understand that it's a matter of degree. If you're walking in downtown Dallas in the middle of the day and you cross the street because some black kid in a hoodie is walking towards you, that's pretty silly. But I don't think many people would say it's silly to cross the street if you're about to walk through a big group of black guys wearing red bandanas in a bad part of LA at 12:30 a.m. I think most people would say that's sensible. Except for maybe Workers United, who would probably say you should get those guys a danish and chai and apologize for your ancestors oppressing their ancestors.

Lets not hold the black race accountable though. I am sure its just all in his head and no black person has ever committed a crime while wearing a hoody. I understand not all people wearing hoodys are criminals. But the time to be cautious is before something may or may not happen. Not after.

I'm truthfully on the verge of being done watching ESPN. You're a sports news channel. Stop constantly pushing the liberal agenda on me.

Back