Here are the reasons why Five Guys is so expensive and is top tier among burger joints.

The truth is, no one really knows why beef prices are so high.

They're not really. They're down quite a bit from their peak.

They're within spitting distance of their highest 2019 price right now, and as recently as Jun they were cheaper than that.

There aren't many things today that are comparable or cheaper than they were 5 years ago.

They're within spitting distance of their highest 2019 price right now, and as recently as Jun they were cheaper than that.

There aren't many things today that are comparable or cheaper than they were 5 years ago.

When I say beef prices, I meant beef cattle. Live cattle prices are crazy high and have been for a couple years now.

Excellent response. Thank you for that. If cattle herds are low because of people aging out it seems like it might be a good entry point for some new operations.
The problem is, buying in is crazy expensive right now. But there is money to be made for those that can swing the upfront cost of cattle and land. But this has happened before. The bottom can drop out tomorrow and leave people bankrupt. It happend around 10 years ago, it was literally over nght the prices plunged. Again, the entire industry is controlled by a few packers. And they work together to stay in charge.

1725645117046.png

The problem is, buying in is crazy expensive right now. But there is money to be made for those that can swing the upfront cost of cattle and land. But this has happened before. The bottom can drop out tomorrow and leave people bankrupt. It happend around 10 years ago, it was literally over nght the prices plunged. Again, the entire industry is controlled by a few packers. And they work together to stay in charge.
I imagine the lofty price of real estate is a hindrance as well as finding a suitable location. Are those few packers you're referring to companies like Hormel, Tyson, etc.?

I imagine the lofty price of real estate is a hindrance as well as finding a suitable location. Are those few packers you're referring to companies like Hormel, Tyson, etc.?
Tyson, JBS, Cargill and National Beef purchase and process 85% of the beef in the US. JBS is a Brazilian company and processes millions of pounds of beef raised and slaughtered in South America, then ships it to the US to be processed, then sold as “Product of the USA”. To no ones surprise I’m sure, Brazil is pretty lax when it comes to beef regulations. Our laws against steroids and antibiotics mean nothing down there.

Five guys isn’t greasy at all.. u all making shit up for some reason… prolly can’t afford it… I’m glad it’s expensive, poor people don’t deserve to eat good food

Almost all of that criteria applies to In n Out, and they charge half as much.

5 guys definitely has bigger portions. At the same time Ive never left In N Out and not felt full.

Honestly, its pretty amazing In N Out has kept their prices as low as they have. A #1 combo is still 11 bucks.

5 Guys is gastropub prices for a fast food quality meal. Their burgers aren't even the best fast food burger out there and their fries are soaked in grease. I'd rather go to an actual burger restaurant and get a quality burger and solid fries than overpay for that slop.
Thats basically where Im at with 5G. Their burgers are definitely better than most in the fast food chain. But for the price Im paying I can go to a pub and get an awesome burger, not just a good one.

Tyson, JBS, Cargill and National Beef purchase and process 85% of the beef in the US. JBS is a Brazilian company and processes millions of pounds of beef raised and slaughtered in South America, then ships it to the US to be processed, then sold as “Product of the USA”. To no ones surprise I’m sure, Brazil is pretty lax when it comes to beef regulations. Our laws against steroids and antibiotics mean nothing down there.
Yeah, I'm not surprised. People frequently think they know what and from whom their buying but that's not always the case. Here's one for you that happened to me last year:

I shop at a regional grocery chain called Wegmans. I was in the store one early morning and an employee was removing packs of chicken from a box. The chicken was labeled as a Wegmans brand but the box said Tyson. I asked the guy about that and he said that with the Wegmans label on there they were able to charge more and people would buy it because of their allegiance to Wegmans. Same thing happened a few weeks later when a guy was unloading pork. The packaging said Wegmans but the box said Hormel.

Yeah, I'm not surprised. People frequently think they know what and from whom their buying but that's not always the case. Here's one for you that happened to me last year:

I shop at a regional grocery chain called Wegmans. I was in the store one early morning and an employee was removing packs of chicken from a box. The chicken was labeled as a Wegmans brand but the box said Tyson. I asked the guy about that and he said that with the Wegmans label on there they were able to charge more and people would buy it because of their allegiance to Wegmans. Same thing happened a few weeks later when a guy was unloading pork. The packaging said Wegmans but the box said Hormel.
LOL The entire industry is like that I think. There used to be a local family that ran a small roadside produce store. They grew a variety of vegetables behind the store. Everyone assumed all the food they sold came from their garden. Nope. A big part of it came from the same produce distributers that the big grocery stores buy from. They just put it in their little baskets to sell.

Five Guys is way too fucking expensive. In N Out tops them all day. Better prices burgers are good. I don’t walk away broke…

They do it on site so they can't double fry it. Well they can but they just don't do it. Most places have fries that are fried already then they fry it again.
Even if you request double frying it's not that good

No you could not
Take away peanut oil and they’re the same. This is my favorite:
“Their burger buns are baked fresh off-site”
No shit. Wonder bread is also “baked fresh off-site”.

It tastes exactly like a homemade burger lol

five_guys_burgers_and_fries_credit-1515787681-8442.jpg

1. Five Guys only uses fresh ingredients.
2. Their food is made with premium products.
3. Five Guys does not skimp on size.
4. Their burger buns are baked fresh off-site.
5. Peanut oil is their pricey go-to for fries.
6. Toppings are free — but are they really?
7. They'd rather raise the price than compromise on quality.
8. There are no timers in the kitchens at Five Guys.
9. Five Guys refuses to deliver, even to the Pentagon because the food would not be fresh.
10. There really are more than 250,000 ways to order at Five Guys.

Stop complaining about the price. You pay for what you get. Quality.

In-N-Out is the only other burger joint that’s actually cheaper than Five Guys but somehow maintains its quality.
I think their hamburgers are decent but their fries especially their Cajun fries are awesome.

I just wish they would other cheeses other then American I want cheddar and Swiss offered.

It's slightly better than Wendy's but triple the price. Calm down bro.

give guys is good. culvers is good. dunno abotu in and out

any other chain sucks cock. comparing mcdonalds and the likes to either of these even if the price is double is retarded. no comparison. i wouldnt give my fucking dog mcdonalds, and im not kidding.

Back