Herb Dean handled that situation at the end of the 3rd round in a great way.

flakxd

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
He was 100% correct in all of his actions, and handled the situation perfectly.

I thought during the fight that he fucked everything up, but i see now re-watching it that he did a great job.

use to like ando but not anymore, he clearly knew bisping dropped the mouthguard and attacked himviciously whilebisping was asking for it,,. very bad sportsman.. shows he s afraid

I disagree. It was a fucking mess. He lost control of the cage for most of the break. Neither fighter got to their corner for any meaningful amount of time. Bisping missed out on the cutman.

use to like ando but not anymore, he clearly knew bisping dropped the mouthguard and attacked himviciously whilebisping was asking for it,,. very bad sportsman.. shows he s afraid

Oh boo hoo, Bisping was asking for his mouth piece while Silva was in attack mode. He should've been defending himself instead.

What?!?

Bisping dropped his mouthpiece with 15 seconds left in the round and Anderson didn't see it drop.

By the time Herb was able to pick-up the mouthpiece, there was less than 10 seconds left in the round and the two guys were going at it.

Herb got close, but he was clearly letting the last couple seconds finish off the round. Why stop the fight to give a fighter his mouthpiece with only 2 seconds left in the round? Especially while they were engaged.

Bisping is the only one who did anything wrong in this situation. Always protect yourself at all times.

Under the rules one could say that but I think the fight should be stopped to put the mouth piece back in whether they are engaging or not. If somebodies cup fell out not that it would do you think the fight would be paused until it was put back in? I do because you need your balls just like you need your teeth.

What?!?

Bisping dropped his mouthpiece with 15 seconds left in the round and Anderson didn't see it drop.

By the time Herb was able to pick-up the mouthpiece, there was less than 10 seconds left in the round and the two guys were going at it.

Herb got close, but he was clearly letting the last couple seconds finish off the round. Why stop the fight to give a fighter his mouthpiece with only 2 seconds left in the round? Especially while they were engaged.

Bisping is the only one who did anything wrong in this situation. Always protect yourself at all times.

People on this board just love to hate Herb Dean. If they even watched the video they'd see that Bisping asked for his mouthpiece, to which Herb Dean told him to "fight back".

So as a fighter, he knows that he needs to protect himself at all times, and the ref just reconfirmed to Michael that he actually is in fight. But yet, some how it's Anderson and Herb Dean's fault that Bisping got kneed in the face?

Hrmm.. Somethings fishy :D

SMH at all the discussion about this crap. This shit is common knowledge if you are into combat sports, refs have come not to step in until their is a pause in the action. Simple as that.

And no the boxer, mma fighter, etc... does not politely stop for the other guy so he can get his mouth piece back in.

PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.

End of discussion.

In any caso, Herb looked insecured once the round was finished. I´ve watch the fight again an his face and body language, imo, were like: "WTF did just happen?. What do I do now"

Bisping has alrdy admitted he did wrong by dropping his guard asking for his piece so just drop that discussion

My favorite part was when Herb Dean made a motion like he was about to step in when Mike looked over the second time.

But lol Mike was meant to be a squash match damn. I wonder how much Brazil juice was helping Silva before. I mean he was never on during a fight (unlike "TRT" users in the past who were blasting and cruising permanently) was he? Except when he fought Diaz, not sure if the test showed he was still on cycle or not. Probably not.

Last edited:
Oh boo hoo, Bisping was asking for his mouth piece while Silva was in attack mode. He should've been defending himself instead.
whats this thing about fighter safety?? If a mouthguard is dropped they should immidiatley put it back on,, And silva did know that he dropped it,,

Bisping knew Silva is a dirty fighter, the dirtiest fighter in UFC history until Jon Jones. He should have used that common knowledge to backpedal and avoid the knee until the round ended.

There was a moment that Anderson stopped attacking for a second and Herb could give Bisping his mouthpiece. Fighting without mouthpiece is dangerous because you can loose your teeth easily and this will have a great impact on the rest of your life.

In general (especially) mma fighters should be protected more if they lose their mouthpiece. Sometimes asking for your mouthpiece is needed to protect yourself...

PROTECT YOURSELF AT ALL TIMES.

End of discussion.

In any caso, Herb looked insecured once the round was finished. I´ve watch the fight again an his face and body language, imo, were like: "WTF did just happen?. What do I do now"

Nah.. Herbs a professional. He was saying that the fight was not over right from the get go.

But if he was thinkin and feeling anything it was more like "not this shit again, WTF.. Did Anderson really scale up the cage like PaulHarris".

whats this thing about fighter safety?? If a mouthguard is dropped they should immidiatley put it back on,, And silva did know that he dropped it,,

Nope. It gets put back on when there is no action. He was trying to finish, if that was the case, everyone would just spit their mouthpiece out as a defensive tactic when they're about to get finished because "Oh!! My Mouthpiece fell! Stop the action guys!"

He handled it poorly. He shoulda stopped the fight when they broke.

I can't believe how many people think the fight should be stopped no matter what is happening to get the mouthpiece back to the fighter. It's a common stalling tactic to spit your mouthpiece out.

There's a reason the referees wait for a natural break in the action before giving the mouthpiece back. They're trying to avoid a fighter exploiting the rules to buy himself a time out / safety period.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back