Herb Dean handled that situation at the end of the 3rd round in a great way.

Oh boo hoo, Bisping was asking for his mouth piece while Silva was in attack mode. He should've been defending himself instead.
Anderson likes to stand around for 24 minutes when Bisping has his mouthguard in. Take it out and speak to the ref and suddenly he can't keep his knees to himself.

He was 100% correct in all of his actions, and handled the situation perfectly.

I thought during the fight that he fucked everything up, but i see now re-watching it that he did a great job.
No, no he wasn't. Not even close. He lost control of the octagon at a very crucial moment. He screwed Anderson out of a victory.

IMO, Herb Dean did everything right. Bisping is the only one to blame here.

He stopped paying attention to Anderson and started thinking solely about the mouthpiece, about 1 millisecond after he dropped it.

Watch the replay again, he dropped the mouthpiece and immediately started pointing at it, while Anderson was punching his face. There was never any break to give Herb Dean the chance of stopping the fight and he continuously talked to Bisping telling him to keep on fighting.

post: 113974217, member: 373815"]its not like bisping always does it and he wasn't in great danger there, the first time he pointed to it and when he was talking to herb is when silva gave that cheap knee,, thought paul harris was bad,, now silva?? he should be forced to retire before karma gets him again,,[/QUOTE]

I understand what you're saying but it sets a precedent and with the whole eye poke drama going on at the moment we could do without it.

I disagree. It was a fucking mess. He lost control of the cage for most of the break. Neither fighter got to their corner for any meaningful amount of time. Bisping missed out on the cutman.

None of that was Herb's fault. Bisping stayed down while Herb told him to get up, and Silva started celebrating while Herb told him it wasn't over. He can't make them respond.

7f7hmy8.gif

Anderson was half an octagon away. Took at least 3 steps forward before throwing the knee.

Bisping was obviously talking to the ref. Bisping said like 2 whole sentences.

If that's not a break I don't know what is. Look how far Anderson was. They resetted already...

That gif is garbage. Silva kneed Bisping a second before that, making Bisping back up as Anderson closed in. You don't break in the middle of that.

Legal but cheap as hell. You can see Anderson ramp up when Bisping isn't paying attention.

He did fucking awful

It took him minutes to get the fight started again, he at no point had control

Pathetic display from the worst ref in the biz

7f7hmy8.gif

Anderson was half an octagon away. Took at least 3 steps forward before throwing the knee.

Bisping was obviously talking to the ref. Bisping said like 2 whole sentences.

If that's not a break I don't know what is. Look how far Anderson was. They resetted already...

Was Bisping in a fight yes or no?

Bisping deserved to get kneed. The fight rightfully kept going,and the man who ate a flying knee managed to take back the fight.l,and the decision the correct one.

I thought during the fight that he fucked everything up, but i see now re-watching it that he did a great job.

Great job at putting one of the fighters at risk?

I never said he shouldn't protect himself, but this thread was about 'Herb Dean handling the situation in a great way'. The referee should know the mouthpiece is a very important part of the protection of a fighter. Losing your teeth will influence you for the rest of your life and Herb Dean could have handled that much better.

I tossed out Bisping because you and a lot of others seem to like to blame Herb and some are blaming Anderson. Where is Michael's accountability? That's all I was saying.

Don't you think a part of fighter safety is to make sure that they are focusing on their opponent and not worried about their damn mouthpiece? Yes it would suck to lose teeth, but you can lose teeth with the mouth guard in just as well. And "losing your teeth will influence you for the rest of your life"? Sure because there's not orthodontic surgeons.

Just excuses to hate on a man who did his best to control the situation.

hahahahah. Silva in attack mode 15 feet away watching Bisping ask for his mouthpiece???????

Just because you exaggerate doesn't make it true.

Under the rules one could say that but I think the fight should be stopped to put the mouth piece back in whether they are engaging or not. If somebodies cup fell out not that it would do you think the fight would be paused until it was put back in? I do because you need your balls just like you need your teeth.

Teeth are not critical. It was once common for serious hockey players to have most of their front teeth gone. They'd get teeth knocked out and wouldn't miss a shift.

You can't stop the action for a mouthpiece. It would be too easy to spit it out any time you want a break.

I think Herb handled this one well.

He didn't panic or lose his cool, which is commendable.

He also made some mistakes. The biggest one for me is when bisping was asking for his mouth guard herb made a move towards him like he was gona step in and return the guard, but he stopped when silva went for the knee. Bisping must have been expecting herb to step between them and completely unprepared. But of course that's bispings own fault first of all.

not blaming ref because maybe he didn't see it dropp, but if silva was a good sportsman he wouldn't have been a cheap opportunitist like that! he can neva be a GOAT , he fails in sportsmanship and I think some of the judges had the same view seeing that they gave the W to bisping with a demolished face..

I'm pretty sure that's why Anderson only got 10-9s for that round. Leaving your opponent crumpled on the ground in a confused and bloody mess at the end of the round would normally result in a 10-8.

He should ahve started the 4th round earlier. He gave Bisping 30 extra seconds to colllect himself and answer the bell. Well, part of that was Silva's fault.

What would stop fighter purposely spitting out their mouth guard to put a stop to their opponents momentum?

How often do we see it happen? You make it seem like it happens all the time.

whats this thing about fighter safety?? If a mouthguard is dropped they should immidiatley put it back on,, And silva did know that he dropped it,,
you are correct about that but you are still fighting until the ref stops the fight to give you back the mouth gaurd. Bisping as a fighter doesn't get to decide when to stop the fight.

Bisping should've gotten an extra 30 seconds to a minute to recover from that cheap shot knee. He also should've taken more time to recover from that low blow he got not long into the next round.

How often do we see it happen? You make it seem like it happens all the time.

It sets a precedent and fighters will use it to their advantage if they know they can get away with it.

Back