• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hendricks may never get to fight GSP

Way to royally screw Hendricks AGAIN, if it happens i wont be able to help but believe GSP ducked Hendricks.

GSP/Silva would be one of the biggest fights ever. GSP/Hendricks wouldn't be. If GSP is really close to retiring then he'll fight Anderson because that final pay day will be a ton and he can walk off into the sun set and do his movies.

Lol Firas is the biggest troll in MMA.

I dont see this as Gsp is evil and ducking on purpose either. Things just happened, maybe unlucky for Hendricks but the diaz fight and the Anderson thing was on the rise before Hendricks. They just want to skip to it. Maybe money related combined with what fans want and all that.

I don't see Anderson trying to fight Jones.

Jones and GSP both use their weight as an advantage whereas Anderson does not.
Anderson has an undefeated contender to defend his belt against. He wants ten more fights. GSP is talking about retirement and he isnt even close to Silvas age.

GSP needs to cement his legacy if he wishes to retire soon.
And the only way to do that is through Anderson Silva.

I think he wants to be able to enjoy the GSP money he has made. He prefers have 60 million and his mental faculties rather than have 70 million and speech impediments and brain damage.
Oh yeah I can completely understand that. He's made more than enough money to never have to worry about fighting again, and if he doesn't want the Anderson fight there's really nothing left for him to accomplish. I know it's tough for some guys to call it quits like Chuck, Randy, Coleman, etc., but GSP doesn't strike me as being from that same mold. I think he'll walk away and never look back.

Jones and GSP both use their weight as an advantage whereas Anderson does not.
Anderson has an undefeated contender to defend his belt against. He wants ten more fights. GSP is talking about retirement and he isnt even close to Silvas age.

GSP needs to cement his legacy if he wishes to retire soon.
And the only way to do that is through Anderson Silva.

GSP could retire right now and his legacy would firmly be cemented. He's the greatest WW of our time.

If he wants a legacy as greatest mixed martial artist of all time, then yeah, a win against Anderson would do that.

Why ? If GSP fights Anderson and then retires do you think they won't have a WW title anymore ? Hendricks will fight someone else for it , no matter when the next fight for the title is it will have Hendricks against someone .

It's pretty obvious that GSP doesn't want to fight Andy right now. Maybe later, but not now. That's why Zahabi threw out such an unappetizing deal to Dana. Dana would never take this deal right now. GSP has many years left and Andy, no so much. He wouldn't lose both fighters at the same time.

Way to royally screw Hendricks AGAIN, if it happens i wont be able to help but believe GSP ducked Hendricks.

ducked? seriously, this isnt a video game or a tough man ego show. its prize fight and that prize is cash. GSP has way more to gain financially from taking a fight with anderson. if thats his choice i dont fault the man at all, more power to him.

Also, I did hear an interview with Johny Hendricks on SRN radio Beatdown and he said he wants the belt more than fighting GSP, meaning if the belt gets vacated and he never fights GSP he would be fine with that as long as he gets some sort of crack at the belt.

Crack at the belt? Who would be left for him to fight? Condit again?

He's proven time and time again that he wants no part of Anderson. He's not fooling anybody.

Says the guy with "Bubba" for his avatar. You can't expect anyone to take you seriously with that choice.

ducked? seriously, this isnt a video game or a tough man ego show. its prize fight and that prize is cash. GSP has way more to gain financially from taking a fight with anderson. if thats his choice i dont fault the man at all, more power to him.

I don't blame the man for wanting a big money fight, but GSP avoiding a fight with someone who has beaten 4 top 10 fighters in a row isn't fair on the man who would likely have to fight yet again when he shouldn't have to.

Crack at the belt? Who would be left for him to fight? Condit again?

Hendricks vs Maia for interim (or Undisputed if GSP really vacates the belt and retires).

Ellenberger, Saffiedine, Rory, Lawler, Diaz, and Condit could all be close to a shot at the bell if GSP vacated too, but I think Hendricks and Maia are the two most deserving at the moment.

Also, if GSP fights Silva, he isn't ducking Hendricks. If he fights at WW against anyone but Hendricks, then he's ducking him. Silva is more dangerous and is the GOAT. 4 top 10 wins (with 2 questionable decisions) < 16 fight win streak in the UFC, 10 title defenses, and the best damn highlight reel in the sport.

And I'm talking Kos and Pierce, not Condit. Hendricks won fair and square.

GSP will fight Hendricks. He believe's it's Hendricks time. And GSP would still defend

For how long have we been hearing this? ... 4 years now? Either make the fight, sign the contract NOW or stop talking about it already

Back