• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hendricks may never get to fight GSP

Because huge announcements on April 1st are usually legit.

Except it was written on Mar 30th... I'd much rather watch GSP vs Silva than GSP vs Hendricks. One is competitive the other is a wrestle fuck to decision.

I don't think Hendricks would be mad. If GSP is gonna fight Silva then retire, I think that means Hendricks automatically gets to fight someone for the new ww championship title.

To be frank, if GSP is contemplating retirement, then the Anderson fight is the most logical fight for him to take. That may not sit well with Hendricks or his fans, but it would be hard for anyone to criticize GSP (although I am sure they will find a way) for him choosing Anderson over Hendricks... lets face it, if GSP is worried about Hendricks power, then why on earth would he take a fight with Silva?

It will be interesting on what GSP has to say on the matter, as so far the only person really commenting on Georges career these days is Firas Zahabi. Should GSP decided to fight Hendricks, it will be a good fight, but to be honest, I don't think Johny has much other than a punchers chance... against Silva, St. Pierre will have to be a big underdog... win or lose it would be a very fitting way to walk away from the sport... should be an interesting 2013...

Well if a young, dynamic, well rounded and clear minded contender with heavy fuckin hands was comin' for my belt, I'd be scared too!

Get a hold of yourself, man! Hendricks is a beast, but no one on this planet is so scared of Hendricks that they are running away to fight Anderson Silva.

Johny has what he wants and that's a guaranteed shot at the WW title. I'm sure he'd like to be the one to dethrone GSP but at the end of the day I think he wants the title more than anything.

Please say it isn't so. GSP vs Hendricks is the fight eveyone wants to see.

The only people who don't want to see Silva-GSP are GSP fans not sure if GSP can pull it off and Jones fans who have another superfight in mind.

Hendricks GSP would be one of the most anticipated fights of the year, GSP-Silva would be one of the most anticicpated fights ever.

People aren't absolutely sick and tired of hearing this bullshit yet?Holy fuck please STFU with the GSP Silva talk already it's been like 5 years of it straight.

He's sellin' you guys wolf tickets, and you're eating 'em up.

Why would Hendricks be upset? All that would mean for him is an easier path to the belt.

Hendricks deserved the fight more then Diaz. The Diaz fight was so Gsp could feel better by beating diaz for talking shit like dumb fuck that the truth right?

There is no bigger fight than Anderson vs GSP. It would be so intense to see.

Ain't gonna happen it's just bs talk, he'd fight Hendricks any day before ever stepping in the ring with Anderson Silva.

4FHT.gif

Heh. I agree.

Honestly if I were Georges I probably would take the Anderson fight. I think GSP is sliding. There's a decent chance that an explosive power puncher like Hendricks or Ellenberger can catch him and take him out in the next year or two. If GSP loses to a another welterweight it will tarnish his legacy and destroy any chance at the HUGE payday that a superfight would bring. But if Georges loses to Anderson it would be expected. Silva is the bigger and stronger guy. He's one of the best p4p fighters in history. GSP's legacy wont take a hit too much.

I'd rather lose to Anderson and get paid a staggering amount then lose to Hendricks and get my normal purse.

Hendricks said he doesn't care if it's GSP he's fighting, he just wants to fight for the belt. I don't think he'd care if he fought for the belt if it was vacated.

nice try. everyone knows gsp would shitt his pants just being in the same room with the sider.

im sure this already been said but hendricks was on beatdown and said he doesnt care if he ever fights GSP. the belt is whats most important to him.

Back