• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hendricks may never get to fight GSP

eagle81

White Belt
Reaction score
Firas Zahabi just recently said that he, Georges and his management and the UFC will sit down in the coming weeks and talks about whether they will fight Hendricks or Anderson Silva. If GSP fights Anderson Firas said win or lose he believes Georges will retire after that fight.

If he wants to be remembered as the greatest fighter ever why would he retire after a loss?

Source? I have heard some recent FZ interviews and don't remember this.

Also, I did hear an interview with Johny Hendricks on SRN radio Beatdown and he said he wants the belt more than fighting GSP, meaning if the belt gets vacated and he never fights GSP he would be fine with that as long as he gets some sort of crack at the belt.

Also, watch 38:00-38:15

Last edited:
GSP ducking Hendricks by fighting Andy....

If this occurs because of a superfight, then it is absolutely worth it...the gsp/anderson match has been put off for too long.

I still doubt they'll go for GSP-Silva. Hope I'm wrong though.

Funny thing is, haters will say he's ducking Hendricks by fighting Anderson.

Rewatched Condit/Hendricks last night. Condit very clearly won rounds 2 and 3. Outstriking your opponent > 4 useless takedowns (R2).

I believe GSP and his coaches feel there is great danger in losing to both Silva or Hendricks. I think it is better for GSP to lose to Anderson and still retire as the welterweight champion. If he loses to Johny he may never get the belt back then his marketability and worth goes down even after he retires. As long as he retires the champ the money will always be there.

1FdUJqQ.jpg

Hendricks' knuckles are bigger than Anderson I believe. So there you go, the knucklemath.

I think it makes sense from the GSP camp. They dont know for sure if GSP can win against Hendricks who is practically unknown to the masses. A loss to Andy would be accepted and expected, but a loss to Hendricks would likely be the end of GSP's invincibility aura and would likely hit his pocket book. GSP wants the biggest superfight ever win or lose then wants to go into movies. He is already in the Capt. Am

Looks like one way or the other, the GSP era is coming to an end. I don't like his chances versus Silva, I think he has a good shot against Johnny.

I think it makes sense from the GSP camp. They dont know for sure if GSP can win against Hendricks who is practically unknown to the masses.

This is the 2nd time he has fought as the co main event with GSP as the headline, I think most GSP fans know who Johny Hendricks is by now.

GSP ducking Hendricks by fighting Andy....

Obviously being sarcastic, but in a way he would be. Losing to Silva would not hurt GSP's legacy, losing to Henricks would. He also would not lose his belt losing to Silva. Fighting Silva is really a no lose situation for GSP.

Rewatched Condit/Hendricks last night. Condit very clearly won rounds 2 and 3. Outstriking your opponent > 4 useless takedowns (R2).

Dawson_Crying.gif

Can you be any more queer for Condit? I mean, I know you have a powerful lust for his balls but I think it's time to stop crying about it.

If this occurs because of a superfight, then it is absolutely worth it...the gsp/anderson match has been put off for too long.

I don't want it because there is a chance that GSP will blanket Silva for 5 rounds while doing zero damage. If the fight does happen it better take place in Brazil where the ref would be less likely to tolerate GSP's stalling on the ground.

Back