Hendricks: "I have fought both of them and Robbie is sort of the way I like to fight."

What a load of rubbish. Jonny is pretending that he likes to bite down on the mouthpiece and swing for the fences, whereas in the 2nd Robbie fight he just tried to hold him against the fence for 25 mins

He blamed it on bad sparring partners who stood and traded when he got close instead of running like Wonderboy.

I know Hendricks isn't that bright but lol if you think Wonderboy was stand in the pocket with you and risk getting taken down...

Good footwork, changing angles, blocking and avoiding damage = running?

giphy.gif

Hendricks is saying that he thought that he will be able to drag Thompson to stay into the pocket like he did with on training with his training partners
Also, I like how they highlighted rigorous weight training with Hendricks on all the pre-fight clips, showing him flipping tires and carrying kegs. How about working on pushing the sled, or working on your punching-in-to-the-shot? He, and especially his coaches, HAD to know that Thompson would use range, which means shooting in from a distance is going to be a must. Carrying him like a keg isn't really going to benefit the speed necessary to penetrate that distance, especially in a potential twenty-five minute fight.

Hendrick said that in training he did not had any problem to close a distance against training partners which were trying to simulate Thompson and drag them into the pocket and he also said he must improve his game of closing distance if they will ever meet again. I dont get why so many people are hating on Hendricks he just saying what he done wrong and what he need to improve.

He likes to fight with his head under Robbies nuts and getting his soul taken in the last minute and losing a decision. I prefer his fight with the dollar menu at McDonalds.

Lol .. it's as if he thinks that he should only be expected to perform well against fighters whose style suitt his own. Another reason to not want to see him as Champ again.

Johnny is a good fighter, but he does not have a Championship mentality.
Only the truth has been spoken.

ha, now youre hating when theres nothing to hate, not that specific quote at least

he prefers to fight a guy like lawler, ok. and the fight that you point in the gif is because of his weight cut that didnt go well

but, RIP 200 pounds hendricks. this 170 hendricks is garbage

I thought Hendricks came off likeable in this, he didn't say anything wrong. I'd like to be a fan of his, if he kept excuses out of his mouth. People dog him for the second fight worth Lawler, but let's not forget that Lawler only really showed up in the 5th, so the blame must be shared to an extent.

What a load of rubbish. Jonny is pretending that he likes to bite down on the mouthpiece and swing for the fences, whereas in the 2nd Robbie fight he just tried to hold him against the fence for 25 mins
Watch the first fight. He hasn't been banging in his most recent fights, but he can throw down, no question.

I thought Hendricks came off likeable in this, he didn't say anything wrong. I'd like to be a fan of his, if he kept excuses out of his mouth. People dog him for the second fight worth Lawler, but let's not forget that Lawler only really showed up in the 5th, so the blame must be shared to an extent.

Kind of hard to make it much of a fight when one guy just wants to do this to you for 5 rounds straight.

Robbie-Lawler-Elbows-Johny-Hendricks-UFC-181.gif

He blamed it on bad sparring partners who stood and traded when he got close instead of running like Wonderboy.

I know Hendricks isn't that bright but lol if you think Wonderboy was stand in the pocket with you and risk getting taken down...
I still can't get over blaming the sparring partners. He actually seemed surprised the sparring partners didn't do exactly what ST did! and blamed the lost for it!

Kind of hard to make it much of a fight when one guy just wants to do this to you for 5 rounds straight.

Robbie-Lawler-Elbows-Johny-Hendricks-UFC-181.gif
Even when they were standing, Lawler literally stood there, not moving, whilst Hendricks was landing combinations on him.

I like that style to Johny, heck, maybe you should have tried throwing and throwing against Thompson as opposed to getting blended and spit out.

I still can't get over blaming the sparring partners. He actually seemed surprised the sparring partners didn't do exactly what ST did! and blamed the lost for it!

"bad sparring partners"

"he didn't stand and bang"

user416315_pic21117_1410818918.jpg

I don't like how Johny seems to make it seem like it was a fault of HIS OWN that he lost, and not because the guy he fought just beat the snot out of him. Sure, he says Thompson was the "better man" that night, but then he always manages to find a way to make an excuse that sounds like it was because he himself made an error and that's why he lost.
It is on him in that he should be able to ragdoll Thompson in the grappling department any day of the week and he wasn't able to apply that gameplan.

I don't think anybody likes getting embarrassed in the first round.

Hendricks logic.... I likes to fight Lawler
First he stands and bangs like this..
Td7G6Bo.gif

Then Robbie gives him a few of these....
WBFLzrK.gif

Then at the end of the fight this happens
j7gIt4G.gif

Hendricks logic.... I likes to fight Lawler
First he stands and bangs like this..
Td7G6Bo.gif

Then Robbie gives him a few of these....
WBFLzrK.gif

Then at the end of the fight this happens
j7gIt4G.gif

He's a joke. He would have loved nothing more than to lie on Lawler and Wonderboy for 25 minutes straight instead of getting punished on the feet.

Lmao when he said he was gonna strike with Wonderboy.

I want to see Lombard vs Hendricks

someone please KO him into retirement

Back