• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Helwani refering to Cormier as the 'lineal champ', is he wrong?

The entire purpose of a lineal line is to show who beat the man who beat the man who beat the man. You said so in your original post.

The second you disregard that entire premise, you're making up some dumb bullshit that fits your own agenda.

Frank Shamrock was the original man. Nobody beat him at LHW. So either he's still the lineal LHW champion, or GSP is. That's the original belt line.

The second UFC LHW belt line, Jones is the lineal champion of... But who gives a shit who's the lineal champion of a second belt line? That's the scrub tier Tito lineal championship. Frank Shamrock scoffs in the face of it.

frankshamrockWINOVERTITOJOELGOLDcopyREG.jpg

Again, GSP is the UFC LHW lineal champion because he beat the man who beat the man who beat the man, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lineal_championship

Scroll down,and read the "issues" part.In there,its explained the history and the reasonings of why Lineal Championship vacates when the lineal championship never fights in a weight class again.

After Frank Shamrock fought Bryan Pardoe,he moved to middleweight division and never fought at LHW before he retired.That makes the next champion of UFC after Shamrock moved from LHW,Tito Ortiz,is the new Lineal LHW champion.

Tito Ortiz lost to Randy Couture.

Couture lost to Belfort.

Belfort lost to Couture.

Couture lost to Liddell.

Liddell lost to Quinton.

Quinton lost to Forrest.

Forrest lost to Rashad.

Rashad lost to Machida.

Machida lost to Shogun.

Shogun lost to Jones.

Jones never lost to anyone,or retired.

Jones is the current LHW Lineal Champion.

Yes this is correct. The claims of GSP being the champ ignore the fact that he never fought at lhw and the fact that he is retired.

The answer for that issue is;

When a Lineal Champ never fights at the division that lineal championship is talked of,and when he officially retires;The next champ AFTER he retired becomes the new Lineal Champion.

Sounds good.

Really Sherdog? From a poster that hasn't got a clue when it comes to Greater-than symbols, to LINEAL CHAMP being messed up! If it stayed with Shamrock, the NEXT to beat him takes that away, irrespective of the weight fought at. So he lost it to Renzo, go from there...

No, don't point me to a site that explains LC, it's not as FUN! That was the point of these shenanigans in discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lineal_championship

Scroll down,and read the "issues" part.In there,its explained the history and the reasonings of why Lineal Championship vacates when the lineal championship never fights in a weight class again.
When you do this, the current champion will always be the lineal champion.
It's literally pointless.

How 'bout you just beat the fucking man.

If it stayed with Shamrock, the NEXT to beat him takes that away, irrespective of the weight fought at. So he lost it to Renzo, go from there...

Why would you ignore weight? If you don't make weight, you don't get the belt. Why is that even in dispute?

When you do this, the current champion will always be the lineal champion.
It's literally pointless.

How 'bout you just beat the fucking man.

Donald Cerrone and Conor McGregor is the current LW&FW Lineal Champion.

Touch

Really Sherdog? From a poster that hasn't got a clue when it comes to Greater-than symbols, to LINEAL CHAMP being messed up! If it stayed with Shamrock, the NEXT to beat him takes that away, irrespective of the weight fought at. So he lost it to Renzo, go from there...

No, don't point me to a site that explains LC, it's not as FUN! That was the point of these shenanigans in discussion.

Dude,his losses in other divisions than LHW doesn't change the LHW Lineal Championship.

As far as I'm concerned, GSP is the current title-holder...

That site is starting with Shooto championship belts for those two.

Which makes even less sense.

Considering the description of Lineal Championship,I thought it makes a lot of sense,actually.Do you know what timeline is ?

Starting from the first major organization of that division is essential for Lineal Championships,whatever you say.

Considering the description of Lineal Championship,I thought it makes a lot of sense,actually.Do you know what timeline is ?
When you can name 3 Shooto champions without using fight finder, I might subscribe to your line of thinking.

There wasn't even rankings when those Shooto fights were taking place.

And even worse, it starts with a fight that isn't even a championship fight.
It's the lineal championship of a non belt line. Explain that shit to me lol

How can you be the man when you aren't ranked, and you aren't fighting for a belt?

You should think for yourself bro and walk away from shit websites.

When you can name 3 Shooto champions without using fight finder, I might subscribe to your line of thinking.

It doesn't matter who Shooto champions are,what matters is it has the first major division of a couple of weight classes which their fighters fighting records succeeds to intertwine with current UFC fighters.

You are still missing the point of LC.

Let's get back to Helwani here. Did he say that because he's friends with Cormier? There's no way he wouldn't know what lineal means.

And even worse, it starts with a fight that isn't even a championship fight.
It's the lineal championship of a non belt line. Explain that shit to me lol

It was a title fight. Alexandre Franca Nogueira won the Lightweight Shooto Championship by winning that fight.

It was a title fight. Alexandre Franca Nogueira won the Lightweight Shooto Championship by winning that fight.
In February of 2001 a new Lightweight lineage was born with the crowning of the first UFC Lightweight champion. The first championship was contested by two of the top ranked contenders and thus this UFC lineage has a legitimate argument to the claim of the title due to the strength of the fighters and the relative prestige of the birth of the title line that bears the UFC name. However, the original Shooto line continues to this day and even became stronger as it also picked up the Pride lineage and later the Bellator lineage. The Lightweight title is in dispute until the two lines are unified. Both the Historic Shooto/Pride line and the UFC lineages are traced below and as we shall see it becomes very interesting and takes some fascinating twists and turns.

Dokonjonosuke Mishima vs Ryan Bow

This fight was not a championship fight. We are following a lineal Shooto non-championship championship belt line.

This site is retarded.

Back