Help with SLDL

S

spsickboy

I am having alot of trouble with this movement. I cant seem to get the feel for it. I always feel like it is giving me more of a lower back workout then anything. I still feel it in my hamstrings and glutes, but like I said I am mainly able to feel it in my lower back.

I do this with a little less then a shoulder width stance. I keep my legs bent just a little bit, and I keep my back straight. When actuallly doing it the movement, I try to keep the bar going in a straight path, by bending at my hips and putting my ass back. When I come up I try to use as much of my hips as possible, but it just seeems to be my back doing it.

Any suggestions?

spsickboy said:
I am having alot of trouble with this movement. I cant seem to get the feel for it. I always feel like it is giving me more of a lower back workout then anything. I still feel it in my hamstrings and glutes, but like I said I am mainly able to feel it in my lower back.

I do this with a little less then a shoulder width stance. I keep my legs bent just a little bit, and I keep my back straight. When actuallly doing it the movement, I try to keep the bar going in a straight path, by bending at my hips and putting my ass back. When I come up I try to use as much of my hips as possible, but it just seeems to be my back doing it.

Any suggestions?
I feel alot in my back too.

When going down, your hamstring should be tense and stretched as possible in terms of feeling meaning you have to really keep it straight.

But no knee locking.

When you come back up, you'll feel a lot of back though.

It's a lift used to strengthen the lower back and hamstrings, maybe your back is just a bit behind.

Doesn't sound like your form is off to mee.

How close the bar should be to your legs is high dependant on how you're built. When I stiff leg, I keep the bar pretty close to my legs throughout the movement, and that's how I like to do them. Can't say that's the way for everyone though.

just keep doing them with good form. the more often you do them the more you gonna feel them in the hams (at least for me it worked like that)

In case you havent tried romanian deadlift off pins, give it a try. For me, It works those hamstrings with less lower back inwolved.

I prefer RDL's, but I throw in shit like narrow stance GM's and SLDL's off a black to mix it up.

RDL's and bent over rows are definately the sweet-ass shit when it comes to DL assistance.

Back