Hell Frozen: Tucker Carlson Tells the Truth @ Bernie

Maybe true. But equally true for modern liberals whose only philosophy is to ensure that what they lack in knowledge, they make up for in righteous indignation.
<TrumpWrong1>

Universal healthcare, unions, affordable education, living wages, environmental protection... liberals have ideas that people actually like and would actually make life better.

Last edited:
Any anti big business/corportist ideals that 'liberals' may claim to have are completely offset by their fanatical support for mass immigration, open borders, multiculturalism and 'diversity'. All of which are a cornerstone of corporate globalism and totally antithetical to any greater good type policies.

Perhaps that’s because Trump is a douche.

All he has to do to get me to change my tune is listen to what Carlson is saying here and act on it.

Did you hate obama as much ir did he get a pass because he was charming?

I think JVS's point is that, if Amazon paid its employees more than market wage, they wouldn't be Amazon. You don't succeed in the market by paying employees more than you have to, and doing so is not the (in the case of publicly owned corporations, legally defined) role of the corporation, unless legislatively compelled. This is a systemic -- and purposefully designed -- problem, not a problem of individual corporations. The individual corporations are just more ripe for rhetorical exploitation.

@FIMN, this is one thing. Also, payroll costs are not offloaded onto taxpayers. The basis for that claim is that the households of some employees receive transfer payments of some kind, but that's a fundamentally misguided way to look at the issue (those employees are almost certainly supporting non-workers in their households).

Any anti big business/corportist ideals that 'liberals' may claim to have are completely offset by their fanatical support for mass immigration, open borders, multiculturalism and 'diversity'. All of which are a cornerstone of corporate globalism and totally antithetical to any greater good type policies.
I don’t support open borders. Recognizing the hypocrisy of villainizing undocumented people while your country’s entire food system (as it is currently constituted) depends on their labor, doesn’t make you a supporter of open borders. It makes you a realist.

But while we are on the topic, You know who does support open borders? The Koch Brothers (largest GOP donors) and their GOP bitch boys, including Ryan and McConnell.

Re; Multiculturalism and diversity... my family on both sides came over from Ireland between 1840 and 1870. They were escaping famine. They built some of the first Catholic Churches in this country. I’m not sure how you expect me to be against multiculturalism.

Last edited:
Did you hate obama as much ir did he get a pass because he was charming?

Obama was no where near the degenerate lying scumbag Trump is. WTF man?......

If Obama said half the stupid divisive trolling shit Trump does then yes I/we would have been outraged and disgusted too.

You really don't get it man.

Oh come fucking on, Tucker is doing what he does best and that’s tow the company line. He’s not standing up for the little guy and feeling the Bern. He’s going after a company who’s CEO Trump has a personal vendetta against and would like to take him and his newspaper down.

This is such a thinly veiled attempt to look moderate it’s insulting.

This is a shit segment that you need to watch to appreciate.

It's pretty obvious propaganda and driven more by Trump's dislike of Bezos than what Bernie is fighting against.
Its also full of misinformation and is using the veil of bipartisanship to come off as "fair and balanced".

Great minds.......

I don’t support open borders. Recognizing the hypocrisy of villainizing undocumented people while your country’s entire food system (as it is currently constituted) depends on their labor, doesn’t make you a supporter of open borders. It makes you a realist.

Yeah, propagandists have gone from, "the way to really help workers is to cut capital gains taxes and taxes on large inheritances, eliminate the minimum wage, and kill unions," to "well, liberals secretly want 'mass immigration' and open borders so even though their actual platforms are much better, you should vote for the guys who want to cut capital gains, etc."

Obama was no where near the degenerate lying scumbag Trump is. WTF man?......

If Obama said half the stupid divisive trolling shit Trump does then yes I/we would have been outraged and disgusted too.

You really don't get it man.

I really don't give a shit about his tweets.

I care more about actual policies.

But while we are on the topic, You know who does support open borders? The Koch Brothers (largest GOP donors) and their GOP bitch boys, including Ryan and McConnell.

Re; Multiculturalism and diversity... my family on both sides came over from Ireland between 1840 and 1870. They were escaping famine. They built some of the first Catholic Churches in this country. I’m not sure how you expect me to be against multiculturalism.

Such irrational generalization by Hard to Tell. I know of no one in this country that wants open borders or mass immigration. It would be like saying ALL Republicans are in favor of guns over children. It would be plain dumb and that’s the problem with right wing media painting liberals as taking the side of immigrants over citizens. Like Luckyshot said, we are realists and know how our food chain NEEDS immigrants to maintain low prices.

It blows my mind that anyone thinks our politicians are capable of executing universal healthcare without the entire system going to shit. Look at social security. Look at what they did with student loans. Look at Obamacare.

It would require transformative action in the entire political system. Special interests, lobbyists, all outside influences would have to be removed from the process to even have a prayer.

Social Security has been incredibly effectively at reducing poverty. http://www.nber.org/aginghealth/summer04/w10466.html

Such irrational generalization by Hard to Tell. I know of no one in this country that wants open borders or mass immigration. It would be like saying ALL Republicans are in favor of guns over children.

I'd say that it's like saying, "Any pro-big business/corportist (sic) ideals that 'conservatives' may claim to have are completely offset by their fanatical support for taking citizenship away from Americans on the basis of ethnicity, reinstating the draft, and ending public schooling."

I really don't give a shit about his tweets.

I care more about actual policies.

That is not the point though. Obama is nothing like degenerate Trump. I was disappointed with Obama even though I voted for him. To say I'm disappointed with Trump doesn't get in the ballpark. The fact he can be president and that people still support him after his behaviour is an indightment in the moral character of our country.

DmBQsGTW4AArXu_.jpg

Thank you... Tucker Carlson...

giphy.gif

I mean, he's generally pretty honest....

Yeah, I think that's a fair commentary. But it's certainly not a problem of insidious individual CEO's/companies.

LOL @ "conservatives...philosophically."

For all of time, it has been undeniable that most conservatives are just reductionists and reactionaries. But right now, that's basically the definition of American conservatism. Those with an actual, coherent philosophy make up such a microscopic portion of conservative voters (<1% imo) that it's almost humorous to even refer to conservative philosophy anymore.

Keep in mind this criticism is coming from an open Communist.....

I'd say that it's like saying, "Any pro-big business/corportist (sic) ideals that 'conservatives' may claim to have are completely offset by their fanatical support for taking citizenship away from Americans on the basis of ethnicity, reinstating the draft, and ending public schooling."

Reinstating the draft..... is... taking away... citizenship?

That is not the point though. Obama is nothing like degenerate Trump. I was disappointed with Obama even though I voted for him. To say I'm disappointed with Trump doesn't get in the ballpark. The fact he can be president and that people still support him after his behaviour is an indightment in the moral character of our country.

IMO the most noteworthy disappointment has been Trump saying his healthcare plan would be better, and then unveiling a plan that would increase out of pocket expenses...

Isn't Medicare and Medicaid the most popular health insurances formats still? According to a Gallup in 2015, they ranked higher in personal satisfaction compared to private insurance (1). You're right about corruption and money in politics screwing people over, that's why there needs to be reform in those areas too. The majority of the American population now supports healthcare reform and a single payer/medicare for all system (2).

People are sick and tired of paying insane prices for poor services. A recent article in the Journal of The American Medical Association from march this year found that the US pays twice the amount for healthcare compared to other high-income countries. With worse outcomes (3). The conclusion reads: "The United States spent approximately twice as much as other high-income countries on medical care, yet utilization rates in the United States were largely similar to those in other nations. Prices of labor and goods, including pharmaceuticals, and administrative costs appeared to be the major drivers of the difference in overall cost between the United States and other high-income countries.". Private insurance has the power to push prices to whatever they feel like.

Add to that 28 million uninsured and tens of thousands dying each year because of lack of health insurance (4) AND that medical bankruptcy is one of the leading causes of bankrupcty in the country (5). Something needs to be done mate, your system sucks and the health care costs keeps rising.

People may finally be on board with single payer because it sounds like free stuff. What's not to like?

Medicare and Medicaid may be popular but they also account for about 25% of our federal budget, not to mention medicaid is gold plated free Healthcare.

The problem is the government would only address it from the who is paying standpoint...not how much should we pay because they aren't going to cut the throat of the medical industry.

This is a systemic -- and purposefully designed -- problem, not a problem of individual corporations. The individual corporations are just more ripe for rhetorical exploitation.

The thing that makes Amazon more "ripe for rhetorical exploitation" (lol) is the value of the company.

If the little run down, mom-and-popper up the road can't afford to pay their cashier enough to keep her from qualifying for food stamps no reasonable tax payer is going to be too up in arms about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back