Hell Frozen: Tucker Carlson Tells the Truth @ Bernie

It seems like this problem could be solved if the government denied welfare payments to people who were employed. Corporations would not be able to offset production costs in the way described in the OP.

It seems like this problem could be solved if the government denied welfare payments to people who were employed. Corporations would not be able to offset production costs in the way described in the OP.

Or they would and people would just suffer...

Oh. You support better treatment of employees but think a thread on it is “dumb”.

:) I'm not opposed to threads on the topic in general. Your particular thread was dumb, for the reason I've already outlined.

As an analyst do you point out the evils of the companies you “analyze” or is it all about profit?

Hmm. Depends how you define and measure "evility" I guess.

Why actually try to support higher wages and better treatment of employees by ones own actions when you can wail on a karate forum about it. Right Jack? Doing something yourself would actually take effort. Words are more important than actions.

One thing I do that you don't is actually vote for people who will improve the situation rather than worsen it. Your whole lifetime of thinking that you know exactly how evil individual companies are and steering your consumer patterns on that basis will not do as much to help workers as a single policy change in that direction, even at the local level. Get involved politically. That's how you can take *effective* action.

:) I'm not opposed to threads on the topic in general. Your particular thread was dumb, for the reason I've already outlined.

Hmm. Depends how you define and measure "evility" I guess.

One thing I do that you don't is actually vote for people who will improve the situation rather than worsen it. Your whole lifetime of thinking that you know exactly how evil individual companies are and steering your consumer patterns on that basis will not do as much to help workers as a single policy change in that direction, even at the local level. Get involved politically. That's how you can take *effective* action.

No surprise you would shit on a thread about supporting responsible companies where both sides are engaging peacefully. Even True Liberal posters are engaging in that thread. 1 notable poster(Trotsky)even commenting on how good a thread it is. That is not your style. No real politics involved. Effective action is using the power you have to inact change. There are companies doing the right thing and thriving. There are sites that rate companies by how they treat their workers.

You voting for Hillary over Bernie and Trump is of help to no workers. Just helps your tribe

Last edited:
I would benefit greatly from Amazon picking the DC area for the next HQ but the hostility towards Bezos from Washington Republicans is probably going to play a factor in his decision.

No surprise you would shit on a thread about supporting responsible companies where both sides are engaging peacefully.

I saw the idiotic OP and haven't been following the thread. If there's some good stuff in there, link it.

You voting for Hillary over Bernie and Trump is of help to no workers. Just helps your tribe

Well, if Clinton had beaten Trump that would have obviously been much better for workers. But presidential elections aren't the only ones that matter.

Corporations don't have morals. It's like asking if the clouds have a duty to prevent droughts. Well, except that we have more power over the situation. If people want change, they need to fight to change change policy--not demand that corporations act like humans.

My prediction is that just like 4 years ago and today. 4 years from now you will be posting the same stuff. When you could be at least productive with yourself and help workers through your own actions. But of course, it’s easier to rage and lecture others on a karate forum.

I saw the idiotic OP and haven't been following the thread. If there's some good stuff in there, link it.

Well, if Clinton had beaten Trump that would have obviously been much better for workers. But presidential elections aren't the only ones that matter.

Then make a thread documenting all this great political activism you are part of. Because judging and insulting others in the WR is not really considered Political Activism.

On a side note, it was great seeing some of the more open liberals contribute to that “Good Companies” thread

Last edited:
My prediction is that just like 4 years ago and today. 4 years from now you will be posting the same stuff.

Probably, unless there's evidence it's wrong that I see in that time. BTW, I didn't see the apology for your accusation that I held WMT and AMZN to different standards. Did it get cut off?

Probably, unless there's evidence it's wrong that I see in that time. BTW, I didn't see the apology for your accusation that I held WMT and AMZN to different standards. Did it get cut off?

I never accused you of that. I only pointed out your defense of AMZN in this thread. I did say both the right & Left were hypocritical about it. Maybe you just assumed you were part of those groups?

But I am still waiting for your long overdue apology for stating I believed the Prez was the primary factor in GDP

And LOL at probably. Yea, you’ll be spouting it on your deathbed and still shit on people actually trying to fix it through their own actions

I never accused you of that. I only pointed out your defense of AMZN in this thread. I did say both the right & Left were hypocritical about it. Maybe you just assumed you were part of those groups?

But I am still waiting for your long overdue apology for stating I believed the Prez was the primary factor in GDP

And LOL at probably. Yea, you’ll be spouting it on your deathbed and still shit on people actually trying to fix it through their own actions

We both know that you were subtweeting me, inaccurately. And you flipped from accusing me of flip flopping to accusing me of excessive consistency with no acknowledgement of error on your part. Not cool.

We both know that you were subtweeting me, inaccurately. And you flipped from accusing me of flip flopping to accusing me of excessive consistency with no acknowledgement of error on your part. Not cool.

Lol. Concession accepted.

Now where is my apology for you blatantly lying about me. I can quote you if you like. Something you can not do for the false accusation you just made in this thread

Lol. Concession accepted.

Now where is my apology for you blatantly lying about me. I can quote you if you like. Something you can not do for the false accusation you just made in this thread

Seriously, if you want to maintain your credibility, a humble apology would serve you well. You looked for the evidence (searched for me plus WMT) and then found out you were wrong, no? At that point you accused me of the exact opposite thing as you previously accused me of with no acknowledgement of your previous error.

Seriously, if you want to maintain your credibility, a humble apology would serve you well. You looked for the evidence (searched for me plus WMT) and then found out you were wrong, no? At that point you accused me of the exact opposite thing as you previously accused me of with no acknowledgement of your previous error.

What are you even talking about. Please post what you are talking about. I NEVER said you held WMT to some different standard. Just post it if I did

Bottom line, you made ANOTHER false accusation in this thread and now can’t back it up. Just POST what you are talking about

I, on the other hand CAN post where you lied about me. Would you like to make a WAGER that you can NOT provide proof for what you accused me of.

I’ll bet you anything you can not

What are you even talking about. Please post what you are talking about. I NEVER said you held WMT to some different standard. Just post it if I did

Me in response to your silly assumption that everyone else is as partisan as you:

"It's always interesting seeing partisans try to grapple with the thought of regular people. In fact, most people would defend or attack both WMT and AMZN."

You: "Same Schtick

But such a wrong post. All one has to do is browse the threads in the WR to see both sides defending one while attacking the other

You, yourself rally against corporate greed and scream for better wages yet look at your first posts in this thread

You will defend what you rally against simply because the CEO is part of your tribe."

Clearly, that is wrong, as you showed when you went searching for my comments on WMT.

Bottom line, you made ANOTHER false accusation in this thread and now can’t back it up. Just POST what you are talking about

You know where I dug those quotes up from? A page ago. Whoops!

I, on the other hand CAN post where you lied about me. Would you like to make a WAGER that you can NOT provide proof for what you accused me of.

I’ll bet you anything you can not

Provided free of charge. For your own benefit, you should really just admit that you were wrong about me being as partisan as you are and strive to do better going forward.

Lol, many states do exactly the opposite-- they institute work requirements to qualify for welfare.

I think a better idea is for the government to just send a bill to employers for the amount of benefits paid.

Lol, many states do exactly the opposite-- they institute work requirements to qualify for welfare.

I think a better idea is for the government to just send a bill to employers for the amount of benefits paid.

That would just be a horrible idea. It would make it much harder for people with dependents to get jobs, especially lower-level jobs.

Ppl hate on Tucker because he preys on the worst of the worst liberals that give other liberals a bad name.

He's one of the least conservative guys on Fox News and is pretty even keel when not arguing with whack jobs

What liberals has he ever ducked? Liberals are just dumb as shit.

Put up your 5 top p4p best libs and Tucker will crush them in the first round.

That would just be a horrible idea. It would make it much harder for people with dependents to get jobs, especially lower-level jobs.
Maybe.

There's got to be some way the government can press these corporations to increase wages, though.

Why? You think companies would just make due with fewer workers? I think they'd make due with fewer part time workers, but have to hire more full timers.

Unemployment is not a huge problem right now; underemployment is. A lot of businesses will hire three people at 15 hours a week rather than one person at 40. Who is really being helped in that arrangement?

It would put a premium on workers with no dependents, even if they were less qualified than workers with dependents. And, yes, it would probably lead to some economic slowdown and an increase in unemployment generally. I could see it causing social problems, too (because people would have a special incentive to avoid dependents). BTW, part-time for economic reasons is not a particular issue right now.

Back