Hell Frozen: Tucker Carlson Tells the Truth @ Bernie

I should explain more because I used to buy it, but I'm not up for it now. I'll get back to you.

I think JVS's point is that, if Amazon paid its employees more than market wage, they wouldn't be Amazon. You don't succeed in the market by paying employees more than you have to, and doing so is not the (in the case of publicly owned corporations, legally defined) role of the corporation, unless legislatively compelled. This is a systemic -- and purposefully designed -- problem, not a problem of individual corporations. The individual corporations are just more ripe for rhetorical exploitation.
^--Posting on his second acct to get rep LOL! Too obvious.

However, I completely agree with what he's saying. GG Capitalism.

carlson is the most tolerable retard over at fox "news"

Still fucking dumb and I'll never take him seriously after the stupidity he showed opposite stewart and bill nye.

My homeboy Tucker is pretty based. I mean for being a polarised journalist.

DmBQsGTW4AArXu_.jpg

Thank you... Tucker Carlson...

giphy.gif
Oh come fucking on, Tucker is doing what he does best and that’s tow the company line. He’s not standing up for the little guy and feeling the Bern. He’s going after a company who’s CEO Trump has a personal vendetta against and would like to take him and his newspaper down.

This is such a thinly veiled attempt to look moderate it’s insulting.

DmBQsGTW4AArXu_.jpg

Thank you... Tucker Carlson...

giphy.gif
Normally right wing media pundits will worship at the alter of the so called "job creators" but now because the tech giants are perceived as liberal they're softening up to the arguments against mega corporations.

Not sure how to feel about this, leaning towards this being a good thing if it finally gets right wingers to tone down their market fundamentalism.

Imagine actually getting your news from that bow tie wearing bitch.

Haven't taken him seriously since Stewart slapped him all over his own show on Crossfire many years ago.

That is an exaggeration. Stewart accused the crossfire guys of being biased and then Tucker pointed out that Stewart does the same thing on his show and should practice what he preaches. Stewart kept repeating that he was "just a comedian" which apparently exempts him from hypocrisy. If you watch the video again, then you will see that Tucker made some good points and made Stewart squirm at times.

Those with an actual, coherent philosophy make up such a microscopic portion of conservative voters (<1% imo) that it's almost humorous to even refer to conservative philosophy anymore.
Maybe true. But equally true for modern liberals whose only philosophy is to ensure that what they lack in knowledge, they make up for in righteous indignation.

Yeah, I think that's a fair commentary. But it's certainly not a problem of insidious individual CEO's/companies.

LOL @ "conservatives...philosophically."

For all of time, it has been undeniable that most conservatives are just reductionists and reactionaries. But right now, that's basically the definition of American conservatism. Those with an actual, coherent philosophy make up such a microscopic portion of conservative voters (<1% imo) that it's almost humorous to even refer to conservative philosophy anymore.

Are you not absolutely blown away by this?

"Maybe the market wage is artificially reduced due to legislative failures that give Corporations significant bargaining power over their employees."

Good lord I heard the Twilight Zone opening theme when I finished reading it. It was like universes colliding on a multiversal scale. The lack of awareness is breathtaking

Imagine actually getting your news from that bow tie wearing bitch.

Haven't taken him seriously since Stewart slapped him all over his own show on Crossfire many years ago.

This is a shit segment that you need to watch to appreciate.

It's pretty obvious propaganda and driven more by Trump's dislike of Bezos than what Bernie is fighting against.
Its also full of misinformation and is using the veil of bipartisanship to come off as "fair and balanced".

This is a shit segment that you need to watch to appreciate.

It's pretty obvious propaganda and driven more by Trump's dislike of Bezos than what Bernie is fighting against.
Its also full of misinformation and is using the veil of bipartisanship to come off as "fair and balanced".

Very strange segment. Slamming the left, praising Bernie, slamming big business, praising "free market capitalism" (whatever that really means) and ending up being a plug for his book sale. Maybe FOX is realising that there is a concensus happening in the population about reform and battling the rising income inequality, and they are trying to stay ahead of it and spin it as a partisan tool.

There's not doubt that BOTH establishment republicans and democrats are guilty of corruption, lobbyism and changing the rules of the game to favor big business. That's why getting money out of politics is so important, including getting rid of super pacs.

Oh come fucking on, Tucker is doing what he does best and that’s tow the company line. He’s not standing up for the little guy and feeling the Bern. He’s going after a company who’s CEO Trump has a personal vendetta against and would like to take him and his newspaper down.

This is such a thinly veiled attempt to look moderate it’s insulting.
<PlusJuan>all true, as is the fact amazon treats employees like shit.

Walmart does the same thing but they are big GOP donors.

Yet as soon as Bernie or another social democrat makes any policy that isn't ultra-capitalistic like increasing the minimum wage or voting for universal health care cucks like Tucker will proclaim that Bernie wants to turn America into Venezuela.

It blows my mind that anyone thinks our politicians are capable of executing universal healthcare without the entire system going to shit. Look at social security. Look at what they did with student loans. Look at Obamacare.

It would require transformative action in the entire political system. Special interests, lobbyists, all outside influences would have to be removed from the process to even have a prayer.

This is hard to process. I am reduced to a broken clock being right twice a day.
I was going to post the same thing, but I'm sure the Washington Post connection mentioned by others is the real reason for this.

Either way, it doesn't suddenly make him a great guy.

Tucker is great & i never miss his show. Strange first name though. In Australia 'Tucker' is a slang word for food.

It blows my mind that anyone thinks our politicians are capable of executing universal healthcare without the entire system going to shit. Look at social security. Look at what they did with student loans. Look at Obamacare.

It would require transformative action in the entire political system. Special interests, lobbyists, all outside influences would have to be removed from the process to even have a prayer.
Isn't Medicare and Medicaid the most popular health insurances formats still? According to a Gallup in 2015, they ranked higher in personal satisfaction compared to private insurance (1). You're right about corruption and money in politics screwing people over, that's why there needs to be reform in those areas too. The majority of the American population now supports healthcare reform and a single payer/medicare for all system (2).

People are sick and tired of paying insane prices for poor services. A recent article in the Journal of The American Medical Association from march this year found that the US pays twice the amount for healthcare compared to other high-income countries. With worse outcomes (3). The conclusion reads: "The United States spent approximately twice as much as other high-income countries on medical care, yet utilization rates in the United States were largely similar to those in other nations. Prices of labor and goods, including pharmaceuticals, and administrative costs appeared to be the major drivers of the difference in overall cost between the United States and other high-income countries.". Private insurance has the power to push prices to whatever they feel like.

Add to that 28 million uninsured and tens of thousands dying each year because of lack of health insurance (4) AND that medical bankruptcy is one of the leading causes of bankrupcty in the country (5). Something needs to be done mate, your system sucks and the health care costs keeps rising.

Back