Hector Lombard on Rousimar Palhares: "Guys like him are bad for the UFC."

He was talking about his penchant for holding onto subs to hurt a guy and saying he'll hold on and break Hector's legs too. Plus being a cheat on top of that and just having questionable character and integrity.

He's right guys like that, especially at the UFC mainstream respectable level don't belong, it's bad for the sports image.

Guys like Lombard are no better for the sport.. Loses to Boetsch, has excuses. Beats Lombard, trashes him after the fight.

No, guys like Lombard are excellent for the sport, before Lombard vs Palhares my dad thought this was a sport about men hugging.

I think it's safe to say that he wasn't using excuses against Boetsch just by watching ALL of his other fights. I think it was clear he showed up and fought on in injury to avoid being a no-show for his UFC debut.

I disagree TS, its very difficult to "accidentally" inject steroids. Supplements don't generally contain steroids either.

Plus, his build has always been quite suspect (in my opinion) and now that he has tested positive I think its only logical to assume that he has been cheating all along.

Its a shame really.

Wasn't steroids....he had elevated testosterone...much like Reems most recent situation.

Palhares went from possible contender who would be snapped by Anderson Silva's legs to suspended MW gatekeeper... That's WAS the assumption.

Fixed.

Im sure he just slipped and fell into some testosterone. They leave that shit everywhere in fight gyms.

IMO doesn't matter if you never got busted or not. He cheated. Once is bad enough idc who you are.

Exactly, lots of sherdoggers won't pull their heads outta the sand and face reality, once you get to the highest levels of physical comp., most athletes are using. Peds simply create an advantage a natuaral athlete can't overcome, all else being equal. Like I said before, I've had about a dozen drug tests for jobs over the years, and never tested positive for anything, even though I had smoked pot days before some of them, and they weren't something I knew about. Passing a test isn't proof of not using, it just means you passed the test.
How many tests did Lance Armstrong pass over the course of how many years? And now the guy is finally ready to come clean and admit he was cheating that entire time.

If that doesn't make you realize how meaningless a "passed" PED's test is in professional sports, I don't know what can.

Everybody in the olympics is on some kind of PED. Look at how long Lance Armstrong got away with it.

It's not been confirmed that Lance Armstrong cheated at the Olympics. Armstrong allegedly cheated at the Tour de France. Not the same as Olympics. No one questioned his '96 Olympic test, as his doping is alleged to have been started in '98 or '99. So, Armstrong didn't get away with cheating at the Olympics. His 2000 Olympic test has been questioned. In fact, it's still under review. People who cheat in the Olympics get caught....either immediately or at some point down the road. I've seen people caught 4 years later. So, if you were dirty, they WILL find out. If Lance cheated in 2000, he'll be exposed whether he admits it or not.

More shit talk from Hector? At this pace he really will eclipse Bisping in no time

Why would you assume a positive test to account for someone's whole career but a negative test doesn't account for any period of time?

I think that it is fair that once you are caught cheating, you lose the benefit of the doubt.

He was talking about his penchant for holding onto subs to hurt a guy and saying he'll hold on and break Hector's legs too. Plus being a cheat on top of that and just having questionable character and integrity.

He's right guys like that, especially at the UFC mainstream respectable level don't belong, it's bad for the sports image.

This is correct. I agree with Lombard. I've never had respect for Palhares either because it is messed up to intentionally break opponent's legs. I never understood the hype either. He has lost every time he has faced a noteworthy opponent.

I disagree TS, its very difficult to "accidentally" inject steroids. Supplements don't generally contain steroids either.

Plus, his build has always been quite suspect (in my opinion) and now that he has tested positive I think its only logical to assume that he has been cheating all along.

Its a shame really.

actually some did.. sometimes it would take a while before it gets banned..

hdrol1_89657_zoom__72441_zoom__81920.1347488126.800.1200.jpg

take a look at this dietary supplement..

4-chloro-17a-methyl-androst-1, 4-diene-3-17b-diol

here is another one,.

31pECDwzLoL.jpg

2a,3a-epithio17a methyl-17b-hydroxy-5a-androstane

since he tested positive.. he just gets away with it.. probably he missed something or mis calculate the gear that he was using.. its easy to get away with it as long as you will be tested after the fight.. too bad he might used a gear that stays on the system longer..

on the other hand if fighters would be tested randomly.. believe me a lot of them would test positive.. :)

No, guys like Lombard are excellent for the sport, before Lombard vs Palhares my dad thought this was a sport about men hugging.

I think it's safe to say that he wasn't using excuses against Boetsch just by watching ALL of his other fights. I think it was clear he showed up and fought on in injury to avoid being a no-show for his UFC debut.

Who cares what your dad thinks? He sounds like some boxing fan that doesn't appreciate grappling. He shouldn't be watching MMA.

You guy's think Lombard himself on some kind of PED? I seen footage of him back when he was in the Olympics and he looked just as big back then. How good is Olympic testing?

it's much better, but considering anyone doing sprints, jumps or anything athletic is basically required to use PED's i'd say not good enough

Its a shame really.

I don't know how often it occurs, and I'm not saying it explains this situation, but there have been cases of tainted supplements.

One explanation has been cases where a company manufactures pharmaceuticals and nutritional supplements in the same place and possibly with the same equipment while not properly cleaning things in between.

Another is the practice of "pixie dusting" whereby a company unethically and illegally tries to get buzz going for a new nutritional supplement. The way it was explained to me is that they put a little bit of pharmaceutical grade drug into some batches of the supplement. They then give away or sell the tainted samples and get some excitement going in the marketplace.

Now of course, this may not be what happened here. Toqhino is a guy with an unusual body type, and inordinate levels of muscle mass for his weightclass. It's not surprising that a guy built like him and competing at a high level in a sport like MMA would test hot.

Wait, didn't he get busted for high Testosterone? How can you go beyond the Testosterone limit without injections? Sure, some steroids are present in few oral supplements but I thought high T (enough to go over the AC threshold) was only possible by testosterone injection.

Maybe I read wrong, could someone come clear on this?

Back