Hector Lombard on Rousimar Palhares: "Guys like him are bad for the UFC."

I disagree TS, its very difficult to "accidentally" inject steroids. Supplements don't generally contain steroids either.

Plus, his build has always been quite suspect (in my opinion) and now that he has tested positive I think its only logical to assume that he has been cheating all along.

Its a shame really.

Boo hoo welcome to pro sports. Wen fame and fortune are on the line this is what happens.

But I don't believe he didn't know he was accidently taking peds.

You guy's think Lombard himself on some kind of PED? I seen footage of him back when he was in the Olympics and he looked just as big back then. How good is Olympic testing?

Everybody in the olympics is on some kind of PED. Look at how long Lance Armstrong got away with it.

You guy's think Lombard himself on some kind of PED? I seen footage of him back when he was in the Olympics and he looked just as big back then. How good is Olympic testing?

You obviously have no idea about PEDs.

Most MMA fighters don't use PEDs just to get bigger obviously.

Guys like Lombard are no better for the sport.. Loses to Boetsch, has excuses. Beats Lombard, trashes him after the fight.

pretty sure a guy that doesn't test positive is better for the company than guy who does

I'll be frank with you guys.Given the no of people legs Palhares has broken,his punishment for PED use should be severe since it has actually helped him inflict serious injury on his opponents.

He also threatened Lombard he was going to break his leg whether he tapped or not.WTF.

Lombard:"he made the comment that he was going to break my leg regardless if I would have tapped or not. I don't know what's wrong with that guy. And now that happened to him. I mean, he's a cheater. What else can I say? I never had respect for him from the beginning anyway. How can I have respect for a guy that intentionally breaks peoples' legs. "

First: If you don't have any source other than Lombard's mouth of Palhares saying that, it is pointless to believe in that.
Second: He was tested multiple times during a very long UFC journey, and only failed the test after a fight that he lost, so how can u say that?
Third: don't think you have any other point there, i'm just wasting my time and everyone else's who is reading this line.

I was unaware that Palhares is threatening to break peoples legs even if they tap.

That is unacceptable and perhaps he should be cut for that comment to set a precedent.

Boo hoo welcome to pro sports. Wen fame and fortune are on the line this is what happens.

But I don't believe he didn't know he was accidently taking peds.

You're right, lots of fighters are on them. I can understand why they do it but I still find it disappointing though...

First: If you don't have any source other than Lombard's mouth of Palhares saying that, it is pointless to believe in that.
Second: He was tested multiple times during a very long UFC journey, and only failed the test after a fight that he lost, so how can u say that?
Third: don't think you have any other point there, i'm just wasting my time and everyone else's who is reading this line.

1.I believe Palhares must have said it in one of those globo-brazilian interviews?
Don't think Lombard will just lie outright.

2.Palhares physique has always been suspect,since he got caught this time we cant say he didn't use before.

Guys like Lombard are no better for the sport.. Loses to Boetsch, has excuses. Beats Lombard, trashes him after the fight.

What excuses? He actually surprised most people by apologizing and owning up to the loss. And he's not trashing Harris. Guys who cheat deserve some type of criticism if from no one else than the opponent they cheated against.

Palhares went from possible contender who could maybe snap Anderson Silva's legs to suspended MW gatekeeper... That's the reality.

I am one of the Palhares fans who supported him even after the belcher fight even though I believe he is already finished back then I am still a fan because of his style but cheating is un acceptable. its ridiculous

1.I believe Palhares must have said it in one of those globo-brazilian interviews?
Don't think Lombard will just lie outright.

2.Palhares physique has always been suspect,since he got caught this time we cant say he didn't use before.

1. Well... don't remember it...
2. We also can't say he was using it before. Works both ways.

Lombard needs to just shut up and keep winning in the UFC. It's not like he lost to Palhares.

I am one of the Palhares fans who supported him even after the belcher fight even though I believe he is already finished back then I am still a fan because of his style but cheating is un acceptable. its ridiculous

Honestly, i still go crazy everytime he grabs hold of an opponent's leg...
But he kinda lost me as a fan during the Marquardt fight when he had the main event chance and blew it........

Honestly, i still go crazy everytime he grabs hold of an opponent's leg...
But he kinda lost me as a fan during the Marquardt fight when he had the main event chance and blew it........

For me its the cheating. He got an interesting style he got Power but lack a lot of other techniques the only thing he is technical is his BJJ. He got some good takedowns but only because he is so much stronger than anyone he fights.

I disagree TS, its very difficult to "accidentally" inject steroids. Supplements don't generally contain steroids either.

Plus, his build has always been quite suspect (in my opinion) and now that he has tested positive I think its only logical to assume that he has been cheating all along.

Its a shame really.

You obviously don't have a clue of modern day supplementation. Some of the most powerful steroids ever created, were legal just a year ago. and some, just a few months ago. "supplements" like superdrol for instance, is one of the strongest oral steroids ever made. So yes, there are many designer steroids out there, marketed as supplements.

Because MMA drugtesting is a bit of a joke?

All drug testing is, essentially. Even Olympic style testing can be easily cheated; it merely takes slightly more effort to cheat than the UFC's laughable testing protocol. The truth is that 100% effective drug testing would cost more than the sport pulls in revenue.

The fact that any athlete can test positive in a sport where you have a huge amount of time to cycle off is beyond me. Champions have it even easier than that because they only fight once every six months or so.

Back