Hector Lombard on Rousimar Palhares: "Guys like him are bad for the UFC."

I disagree TS, its very difficult to "accidentally" inject steroids. Supplements don't generally contain steroids either.

Plus, his build has always been quite suspect (in my opinion) and now that he has tested positive I think its only logical to assume that he has been cheating all along.

Its a shame really.

palhares-compressed-face.gif

Man Palhares has been on a crazy downslide.

I disagree TS, its very difficult to "accidentally" inject steroids. Supplements don't generally contain steroids either.

Plus, his build has always been quite suspect (in my opinion) and now that he has tested positive I think its only logical to assume that he has been cheating all along.

Its a shame really.

Why would you assume a positive test to account for someone's whole career but a negative test doesn't account for any period of time?

Lombardo is being harsh but I don't really care for Palhares. Dude gives up anytime he's in trouble

Palhares went from possible contender who could maybe snap Anderson Silva's legs to suspended MW gatekeeper... That's the reality.

Why would you assume a positive test to account for someone's whole career but a negative test doesn't account for any period of time?

Just because it's the nature of using steroids as a professional athlete. You know how to cycle properly and piss clean.

Are you under the impression that the people who test positive are the only ones using steroids?

Just because it's the nature of using steroids as a professional athlete. You know how to cycle properly and piss clean.

Are you under the impression that the people who test positive are the only ones using steroids?

You guy's think Lombard himself on some kind of PED? I seen footage of him back when he was in the Olympics and he looked just as big back then. How good is Olympic testing?

Guys like Lombard are no better for the sport.. Loses to Boetsch, has excuses. Beats Lombard, trashes him after the fight.

You guy's think Lombard himself on some kind of PED? I seen footage of him back when he was in the Olympics and he looked just as big back then. How good is Olympic testing?

Olympic testing is as good as it gets. Random testing all year.

Guys like Lombard are no better for the sport.. Loses to Boetsch, has excuses. Beats Lombard, trashes him after the fight.

Loss to Boetsch? That was a robbery. Even in the highlights of that fight all u see Lombard kicking his behind. They never use a single footage of that fight to promote Tim

Im not sure who is or who is not on steroids, all I am saying is that if you piss hot once your past is dubious.

I have to somewhat agree with Lombard, every time someone get's busted for PED's is bad for the sport, but I don't think Palhares is injecting himself with steroids. He has been a very long time with the UFC and has never tested positive. He probably did took a supplement that had something in it by mistake.

Source:Hector Lombard on Rousimar Palhares: "Guys like him are bad for the UFC."

I'm nominating TS for "Ignoramus of the Day"... are they any seconds? TS, you obviously are completely ignorant of how steroids work, and how easy it is to cycle their use to avoid detection. Spend half an hour doing some research so you don't look like such a fool next time.

Whilst a positive test does not account for the entire career, it does show that the fighter has taken peds at least once. The general consensus is that the tests are relatively easy to get past; therefore if on average it takes several tests to catch a fighter then being caught once suggests that the fighter may have used more than once. Additionally, Palhares's physique looked the same against Lombard (when he was caught juicing) as it did previously.

None of this is proof that he used previously at all, but its enough for me to cast some doubts over the legitimacy of his career to date. Its similar to the Overeem situation.

I'll be frank with you guys.Given the no of people legs Palhares has broken,his punishment for PED use should be severe since it has actually helped him inflict serious injury on his opponents.

He also threatened Lombard he was going to break his leg whether he tapped or not.WTF.

Lombard:"he made the comment that he was going to break my leg regardless if I would have tapped or not. I don't know what's wrong with that guy. And now that happened to him. I mean, he's a cheater. What else can I say? I never had respect for him from the beginning anyway. How can I have respect for a guy that intentionally breaks peoples' legs. "

I have to somewhat agree with Lombard, every time someone get's busted for PED's is bad for the sport, but I don't think Palhares is injecting himself with steroids. He has been a very long time with the UFC and has never tested positive.

How many tests did Lance Armstrong pass over the course of how many years? And now the guy is finally ready to come clean and admit he was cheating that entire time.

If that doesn't make you realize how meaningless a "passed" PED's test is in professional sports, I don't know what can.

Back