Heavyweight with the best Striking/GnP of all time?

Lol @ people saying Fedor. JDS and Cain would but fuck fedor up standing. Shit, if Fujita can land on Fedor during his "Prime" then he would get fucking murdered by Cigano and Cain. Oh yeah, and for GNP he got his faced smashed in by BF and KO'd with a single upper cut from a wrestling reversal from Hendo.

And I just saw this, but Carwin? Is this real life? I just laughed myself to the wastelands.

In terms of:

Just Gnp: Fedor Gnp in any BJJ master guard - Cain is cool too tho
Just Striking: JDS beat any Kickboxer (in mma) in his game - (Cain and fedor are effective too but the use the thread of the takedowns to out strike people, however JDS is a pure striker)

If we're including GnP, then obviously Fedor and Cain, no questions about it.

In terms of:

Just Gnp: Fedor Gnp in any BJJ master guard - Cain is cool too tho
Just Striking: JDS beat any Kickboxer (in mma) in his game - (Cain and fedor are effective too but the use the thread of the takedowns to out strike people, however JDS is a pure striker)

That's funny, I don't remember his GNP working very well on Werdum or Bigfoot.

Lol @ people saying Fedor. JDS and Cain would but fuck fedor up standing. Shit, if Fujita can land on Fedor during his "Prime" then he would get fucking murdered by Cigano and Cain. Oh yeah, and for GNP he got his faced smashed in by BF and KO'd with a single upper cut from a wrestling reversal from Hendo.

Didn't Kongo almost KO cain twice. It's heavyweight anyone can KO anybody

Didn't Kongo almost KO cain twice. It's heavyweight anyone can KO anybody

Didn't Cain beat the living shit out of Kongo and put him on his ass about 4 seconds after getting clipped? And Hendo wasn't a HW, he's barely a LHW.

That's funny, I don't remember his GNP working very well on Werdum or Bigfoot.

So you expected that fedor fights on his prime till he's 80 years old. Do you think that fighters have to retire undefeated to be great mix martial artists?

If cain doesn't retire undefeated or in a winning streak.. he is a fraud?

Why dafuq do you have Striking/ GnP in your thread title but than you make very clear that you want opnions based on Striking?

Does it include GNP? Im genuinely consfused.

If it is striking and Gnp the poll results are to be expected.

If is is striking only, i got no idea why someone would say Cain Velasquez lol.

Fedor was a worse striker than Cro Cop but a much better grappler.

His overall mma striking is arguably better, though of course Cro Cop would do much better under K-1 rules (like he would against any mma fighter).

I say those names first because the striking of Cain Velasquez is not worthy of being discussed alongside that of Emelianenko, Fedor and of course Cro Cop was a noticeably better striker than both Cain and JDS.

Also, Fedor used very dynamic ground and pound in that (for example) he would feed his wrists to Nogueira, only to yank them out and sock him in the face. Or, he would bait a triangle attempt from Nogueira, posture out and then hit Nogueira as he recovered guard. Fedor's GnP was unmatched in terms of technicality and creativity although Cain's ability to damage his opponents with GnP is not far off.

So you expected that fedor fights on his prime till he's 80 years old. Do you think that fighters have to retire undefeated to be great mix martial artists?

If cain doesn't retire undefeated or in a winning streak.. he is a fraud?

Funny how Fedor was out of his prime once he started losing, same with Cro Cop. Anderson was fighting better competition and was whooping more ass then Fedor.

Back