Heavyweight is a joke

Yeah Hendo never did take out any good HWs. Neither did Couture.
Not sure how much time Randy spent at MW. Dan is a good exception, he beat a very small HW on a steep decline.

Not sure how much time Randy spent at MW. Dan is a good exception, he beat a very small HW on a steep decline.
Yeah Nogueira back in Rings was certainly small and on a steep decline.

Romero could realistically beat a lot of top 15 HWs. I love my boy Oleynik but lets not pretend that Yoel wouldnt have smashed him ~5 years ago. There are tons of other examples.

Yeah but its still a division thats capped at 265lbs. One can easily say the UFC HWs are handicapped because they would get beat by 295lb guys.
The 295 guys are already in the UFC. Brock, Hardy, BB, Struve, Hunt, Big Foot are just some of the bigger guys who cut to make the HW limit. The bigger you are then the more you can lose in terms of water. Those guys are closer to 300 lbs than 265. Realistically there aren't many guy that need to cut to 295 lbs. You have football players but those really overweight guys that will slim down once they adopt MMA training. Even strongman who tried MMA also slimmed down. It's not to meet a weight limit but rather the cardio demands.

I see now…when you’re on this forum long enough you really do see the same thread over and over again…

You could have been on Sherdog since last month and still have seen this thread a dozen times.

Yeah Nogueira back in Rings was certainly small and on a steep decline.

Romero could realistically beat a lot of top 15 HWs. I love my boy Oleynik but lets not pretend that Yoel wouldnt have smashed him ~5 years ago. There are tons of other examples.
I think you're still living in a different era, but that's fine, I get your point, there have been a few exceptions as far as MW being able to compete one-off at HW. If there was only unlimited weight mma, those who fight now at HW and LHW would make up the vast, vast majority of the fighters. I don't think Yoel, Rumble, Henderson, Silva, Izzy, or even Pereira could make a living at HW or unlimited MMA. It's just different and there's a reason they don't/never did

I've participated, and even excelled in some, in a lot of sports, including MMA but that being said, weight classes are to protect smaller guys. However, Fedor and Penn didn't give a damn and had balls of steal. They both wanted to test their skills against the best fighters in the world, size difference be damned.

So, I am agreeing with you in a different way. I do agree that is why they have weight classes.
huh?

You have clearly not participated in any form of sport/athletics

cb0e9ff14f.gif

e6692e2d767e819e7a8f65b90ec7c48d.jpg

Not a lot of guys are in shape at above 250. The vast majority of guys can cut to LHW and the best talent typically does.

NFL got some fat fucks too though. Hell, currently the best boxer in the world looks like an overweight plumber.
Athletes in the NFL are simply on another level.

'The Fat fucks" as you called them play linemen. Theyre 300lb + monsters than are insanely quick, strong and agile for their size.

Athletes in the NFL are simply on another level.

'The Fat fucks" as you called them play linemen. Theyre 300lb + monsters than are insanely quick, strong and agile for their size.

Cardio is different though. NFL players only have to be good like 7 seconds at a time.

Miocic was 38 years old. Learn your facts.

Only Fedor fights and loses against grandpas <GOT2>

What’s Fedor got to do with this? We all know he would of whooped that jacked white boy’s ass had Dana not been a cheap-ass on that undisclosed island in 2009.

The state of the HW division is purely a reflection of Dana not spending enough $$$ to attract top young talent away from other legitimate sports.

truth-the.gif

These threads are so ridiculous.

TS: HW is trash.
Sherbro: Yeah? Who can beat the HW champ who's not a HW?
TS: Nobody. But HW is trash.

Cardio is different though. NFL players only have to be good like 7 seconds at a time.
I said athleticism.
Anyone can improve their cardio.
Very few people on the planet can be freakishly athletic as NFL players

What’s Fedor got to do with this? We all know he would of whooped that jacked white boy’s ass had Dana not been a cheap-ass on that undisclosed island in 2009.

The state of the HW division is purely a reflection of Dana not spending enough $$$ to attract top young talent away from other legitimate sports.

truth-the.gif
Fedor lost to 200lbs 40 year old Henderson in 2009

Do you seriously think hed be able to compete with a 265lb monster, Lesnar??

Idk about you guys but HW gets me hyped these days. We have:

Ngannou (probably)
Gane
Blaydes
Pavlovich
Tai
Aspinall
Lewis
Romanov
Volkov
Almeida

And maybe we’ll get a couple of fights out of Stipe and Jones as well.
Yeah, HW is fine after they get past the injuries/contract disputes. They're collectively better than ever if you want to compare eras

lol ... My "rankings don't matter" post got deleted for "trolling".

Hey SherMODS, the OP mentions rankings. My post was in response to that. If people can bring up rankings, why can't I tell them that they don't matter?
I'm honestly impressed you have kept the "rankings don't matter" posts going in any thread that so much as breaths a hint of the word "ranking" even after all these years. Good on you for consistency.

how are derrick and tai so high ranked they have no wrestling whatsoever all they do is throw and hope and when a good guy comes along they both get finished in 1 minute worst division
Look they might not be skilled but they are damn effective and sane person would take effectiveness over technique.

People don't grasp how absolutely goddamn enormous of a human you need to be to sustain 240+ pounds without being on steroids. (In shape)

There aren't that many people that huge and the people who are naturally athletic at that size can make way way way more money in team sports without getting punched in the face by other enormous mutants.

+ Most people aren't cut out for cage fighting.

Last edited:
Back