Heavyweight is a joke

I see now…when you’re on this forum long enough you really do see the same thread over and over again…
dragoncurvestage10.png

1. Bad from a technique standpoint, not arguing that they wouldn't win against lower weight classes
1. There are MWs (Pereira, Israel, prime Romero) that would win against ranked HWs. Shamil is still a ranked fighter and has been for a while, for fucks sake. You don't see this in other divisions. A BW beating ranked LW, a LW beating ranked WWs.
Yes. You do.

I bet most people hating on HW are small.

Tai looked like it was his first regional scene mma fight

Most of them don't have much skill and talent. just brawlers and hit hard. Dan Severn was one of the only HW's in UFC that had true proper skill and talent, he ate about 7 or 8 punches to the face in over 120 MMA fights, he had real skill and was a master grappler, but apart from that I never been too impressed with anyone, certainly not modern day. Josh Barnett was good in his prime however he didn't spend too much of it in UFC. Ngannou has big power but he is loading up and loading up and loading up on every punch, I can see it coming a mile off, its not a high skill level.

It has more brawlers than other divisions just because it is more difficult to have great technique when you are fat and heavy
Not all of them are dumb and rely on KO power with bad technique like Ngannou (yes, I said it), Tuivasa, Pavlovich

There are others:
Fedor
Stipe
Aspinall
Gane
many others
ngannou showed great improvement in his last fight
too bad he rarely fights these days

Men that are large and athletic have better options to make money than getting brain damage.

Thats not true. The problem is there ARE skilled heavyweights, gane, stipe, DC, fedor, big nog, cro cop, werdum are all skilled heavyweights. Smaller fighters knock each other out if they land too, its just that they are less prone to throwing wreckless because they are skilled. Stop defending brawlers like tai and lewis, they are just not skilled and have lots of knockouts because they fight lots of other brawler style HWs. But 9 outta 10 times when they fight a more skilled fighter they get embarrassed.
I'm not defending anyone but I am pointing out the obvious... as a heavyweight, you can rely on raw power, if you have it, and skills become less important. However, this doesn't mean that a skilled Heavyweight doesn't exist or won't dominate an unskilled heavyweight. jon jones isn't a heavy handed HW, nor are a lot of LHW's or MW's, even though they are heavyweights who cut a tremendous amount of weight to fight in lower classes so that is why they are sharper with their skills because they have to overcompensate for what they lack in power. Not sure what you don't understand about this concept.

Not to be that guy defending Jones but he has never been a ridiculous weight cutter, makes 205 looking great and fights at around 220lbs, sure he is tall but not a weight cutter.
He walked around at 245lbs before he "bulked up" for HW. There are numerous articles and interviews in which he admits his weight. Weighing 220 on fight night makes you a heavyweight.

It might be wrong, but I always root against Tai Tuivasa for no other reason other than that he doesn't do that disgusting shoeey thing afterwards.

1. There are MWs (Pereira, Israel, prime Romero) that would win against ranked HWs.
Can people just stop with this delusional bullshit? If you only like the lower weight classes, that's fine, no one said you couldn't, but don't try to pretend they can jump into the HW division and take out even the low ranked ones. They can't, they won't, they didn't, and they never will.

Last edited:
Back