Head and arm chokes minus the arm

Galahad

Orange Belt
Reaction score
lol, anyways, off the top of head there is the guillotine, n-s choke, and rnc. I've also seen the bulldog choke and no-gi ezekiel, but those don't seem very high percentage. Any others I'm missing?

If you're counting gi stuff, there's a multitude of chokes that don't require an arm. I've had a lot of success in no-gi with a modified ezekiel as well. I'm sure someone could figure out how to do a gogo with a rubber-guard mission control as well.

Could someone link me to a no gi Ezeckiel? Thank You

no-gi ezekie's are not low percentage,there higher if you ask me because the guy your mounting has no friction (Sleeves) to hold onto to stop you from doing it,its like a RNC but facing the other way.

straight up smother
butterbeanhas won a couple mma matches that way

breadcutter/papercutter choke, no-arm Darce/Brabo (Baret Yoshida shows it a lot.) Brandon Quick teaches it as the Coma Choke.

Cobra Choke you forgot.

is the cobra choke basically a no gi loop choke?

isn't it a nogi ezekiel except you grab the wrist instead of the forearm?

Could someone link me to a no gi Ezeckiel? Thank You

i like this choke alot, not so much from mount, but from side or kesa gatame i've had alot of luck with it.

i like this choke alot, not so much from mount, but from side or kesa gatame i've had alot of luck with it.

I've used this one, but don't care for it in that you better have it completely sunk if you (when you) get swept, otherwise you've traded mount for guard. I'm not sure if the site I got it from still has it, but google has a cache here, I've had a good bit of luck with it, and if the guy rolls you have the s-mount armbar on a platter.

I've used this one, but don't care for it in that you better have it completely sunk if you (when you) get swept, otherwise you've traded mount for guard.

that's why i don't like it so much from mount. i'm mainly an mma guy, i'd rather stay on top and apply fist-o-plata. i do actually like to attack it from bottom, when he is in my guard, as a set up to a triangle.

i've been hitting it a ton from Kesa Gatame though, has become one of my big 3 from there.

I'm not sure if the site I got it from still has it, but google has a cache here, I've had a good bit of luck with it, and if the guy rolls you have the s-mount armbar on a platter.

That looks cool and everything but, if I can get my opponents arm across their body, and feed my arm under their head, I'd much rather go for a arm triangle.

I've used this one, but don't care for it in that you better have it completely sunk if you (when you) get swept, otherwise you've traded mount for guard. I'm not sure if the site I got it from still has it, but google has a cache here, I've had a good bit of luck with it, and if the guy rolls you have the s-mount armbar on a platter.

I've been finding this choke a lot latey for some reason both from mount and from my back in guard. I've also been using the arm position (holding the guy's arm across his neck by holding his wrist from behind his head) to sweep from guard as well and land directly into a head and arm choke.

I agree though, I tend to get swept from mount to guard at times when setting it up. As long as I can maintain good grip on that wrist though I can still finish or set something else up though much of the time.

Back